Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Tampa. I've had enough of Blackhawk oversaturation.

Bleep Toews. Bleep Kane. Bleep the media lovefest over this team.

Send them into salary cap hell as the dynasty that never was.

Please, go on. Your displeasure is somehow making this Hawks run even sweeter.

Aside from all the saltiness that has and will no doubt saturate tonight's non-Blackhawks posts, I was very happy to see the Blackhawks not give up a ton of rebounds, play with composure, and lock up the Ducks from their usual goalsplosions.

I'm not looking forward to watching Ben Bishop do his thing, but Toews is a monster. I've honestly never seen somebody like him in sports aside from Jordan or Kobe. I don't know if that's an irrational comparison since hockey is a weird sport, but he's just one of those players.

Also these championship hats are bland as hell and stupid.

Great series, and thanks to any Ducks fans for tolerating, or at least pretending to tolerate, me for the last couple weeks. I know how much it sucks to lose in a game 7, obviously.

edit: Need some help here. I was watching the HNIC stream and holy god were they anti-Chicago. Did the Blackhawks piss off all of Canada somehow for this broadcast team to be so unobjective?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The funny thing is that big picture, Boudreau has made progress in ANA- advancing farther than the prior year- which somehow will be overshadowed because of the game 7 stuff.

Before the Blackhawks have to break up the band, there's gonna be one last dance with this crew.

edit: Need some help here. I was watching the HNIC stream and holy god were they anti-Chicago. Did the Blackhawks piss off all of Canada somehow for this broadcast team to be so unobjective?

They were? I didn't get that at all.

Bunch of :censored: ing chokers. A group of roll over and :censored: ing die chokers.

Great :censored: ing effort at the end, guys, sure. Except you were down 3-0, 4-1, 5-2. Can't :censored: ing show up at the start of the :censored: ing game.

Three :censored: ing years in a row at :censored: ing home of this :censored: ing :censored: . 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round. Maybe we'll be lucky enough for them to do this in the Cup Final next time! Wouldn't that be :censored: ing swell.

See ya next :censored: ing year.

:censored: sports.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Go Tampa. I've had enough of Blackhawk oversaturation.

Bleep Toews. Bleep Kane. Bleep the media lovefest over this team.

Send them into salary cap hell as the dynasty that never was.

Welcome back to your usual posting style. I thought you had gone insane for awhile.

PekingDuckWhole.jpg

Quack?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They were? I didn't get that at all.

Maybe I was just hearing things, but it felt to me like the analysis and excitement in possession was constantly on Anaheim. Came off like it was an Anaheim local broadcast team. That's just my perception, but maybe I was just too stressed out to listen clearly.

Ducks fans, how much of this are you putting on Anderson? He was on his head early in the series but looked incredibly ordinary afterward.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ducks fans, how much of this are you putting on Anderson? He was on his head early in the series but looked incredibly ordinary afterward.

He's not that great, but he can't entirely take the blame for the loss. It's more of the same Game 6 losing, quacking under pressure in Game 7 Ducks.

The Blackhawks were more into it this game I think. Much more solid defense. And, y'know, scoring.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

its%20over%20its%20finally%20over.jpg

I can breathe a huge sigh of relief. Thank you Blackhawks! Although I still dislike you and will be rooting against you in the finals, I dislike you a little less and I won't be too upset if you win the Cup because it means the Ducks didn't win it. ????

I'm putting this on the entire team, not just Anderson. I might even put more blame on Getzlaf's leadership but idk.

Getzlaf led the team in points this offseason, did he not? I don't think he was as focal this series as Perry and certainly not Kesler were, but it wasn't akin to say Bryan Bickell (paid an absurd amount of money for specifically this time of year and has done basically nothing).

Ducks defense was insanely aggravating to watch play. Your team is goddamn huge and blocks shots like it's nobody's business, which is why I was so surprised tonight to see their gameplan just kinda unravel when the Blackhawks took command early.

twitter

I'm putting this on the entire team, not just Anderson. I might even put more blame on Getzlaf's leadership but idk.

Getzlaf led the team in points this offseason, did he not? I don't think he was as focal this series as Perry and certainly not Kesler were, but it wasn't akin to say Bryan Bickell (paid an absurd amount of money for specifically this time of year and has done basically nothing).

Meh, idk. Might have been spending too much time lately at /r/AnaheimDucks.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

After Toews cracked his physche in Game 5, Andersen played like :censored: . I almost guarantee if Game 5's OT didn't end so quickly, Chicago would've won and took it in 6. His confidence was gone after that collapse.

It's not entirely his fault, no. But when you're not getting the clutch stop from your goalie, it's hard to make any comeback.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived