Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

It does to Kings fans I guess, because "lulz the Ducks only have 1".

I don't understand why some Kings fan seem so insecure with Cup wins. It seems a lot of the time they have to show remind everybodythey have more than the Ducks. Both team's wins are just as relevant.

I don't hear of any Oilers fans holding their 5 cups over the Flames 1.

I think it has to do with recency or something.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cup is without question the Hawks to lose. All I ask is that they please do it in their red uniforms this time!

Yes if they win the Cup I hope they at least do it on home ice. It sucks when a team wins a championship on the road. Plus the Hawks haven't won a Stanley Cup on home ice in over 75 years.

Tampa in 6.

Send the Blackhawks into salary cap hell as the dynasty that never was.

Tampa has cap problems coming up after next year, by the way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If we can take a break from hbgoo's depressive brother self-flagellating for a second...

Full marks to the Ducks in what was definitely the Hawks' hardest series win in the Toews/Kane/Keith era. The Ducks looked like the better team for very long stretches in this series. There's a lot of talent on that team, Bob Murray drafts so well, they'll keep at it.

Now that I'm done saying nice things, hey, Ryan Kesler, you dickhead, no human can withstand your hits? You need to lube up first if you're going to jerk yourself off that hard. Go demand a trade to Tampa Bay this summer, douche.

Tampa in 6.

This is an unfortunate fact that I wish more Tampa fans would at least acknowledge when talking about our "blinding bright" future. Maybe the Lightning are set up to succeed for a long time to come, but that doesn't guarantee :censored: . This might be as far as this core ever gets.

I wanted to face Chicago in the Final, and not entirely because of "matchup!" reasons. This is going to be a sexy series, and my admiration for the Blackhawks is off the charts. I would kill for the Lightning's next six seasons to come close to mirroring the Blackhawks' previous six seasons. If Tampa wants to be the next powerhouse in the NHL, it's only appropriate to go through the current powerhouse in the process. I'm fine with the 'Hawks being considered the favorites; they should be, they have the experience and the HoF'ers on their side, while the Lightning are still full of bright but uncertain futures. All I can ask for is that the Lightning have a chance of winning this series and, snarky comment et al I made last night, I do think they have that, if nothing else.

I am kinda hoping that Chicago's top-4 D's are running on fumes by this point, but that seems unlikely. Nothing seems to slow down Keith, Seabrook, or Hjalmarsson, and as far as forwards go, Johnny Toews is the best player in this series. On the flip side, at least, Ben Bishop is finally in a matchup where he won't be considered the inferior goalie, and if the Lightning could breach Carey Price and Henrik Lundqvist the way they did a few times, then maybe Corey Crawford can be breached as well. Would be nice.

spacer.png

Tampa in 6.

This is an unfortunate fact that I wish more Tampa fans would at least acknowledge when talking about our "blinding bright" future. Maybe the Lightning are set up to succeed for a long time to come, but that doesn't guarantee :censored: . This might be as far as this core ever gets.

Eh, that's not exclusive to Lightning fans. Fans are always wilfully ignorant of the future. You had everyone calling the Seahawks the team of the decade after their Super Bowl win, apparently not realizing that they had to start paying everyone in a few years.

As far as fatigue on the blue line goes, Hjalmarsson is showing definite signs of wear (he routinely sees the hardest minutes of the big four) and Seabrook is making mental mistakes (though which of those are 2015 playoff fatigue and which are just plain old Brent Seabrook, who can say?), but Keith and Oduya are chugging along. Keith in particular might be a robot. Remember that defensemen's minutes aren't necessarily as hard as forwards' minutes. There's a lot of very efficient skating on the Chicago blue line.

Archived