Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa in 6.

Send the Blackhawks into salary cap hell as the dynasty that never was.

Tampa has cap problems coming up after next year, by the way.

This is an unfortunate fact that I wish more Tampa fans would at least acknowledge when talking about our "blinding bright" future. Maybe the Lightning are set up to succeed for a long time to come, but that doesn't guarantee :censored: . This might be as far as this core ever gets.

Eh, that's not exclusive to Lightning fans. Fans are always wilfully ignorant of the future. You had everyone calling the Seahawks the team of the decade after their Super Bowl win, apparently not realizing that they had to start paying everyone in a few years.

Well, either way, in the next year or two, Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Killorn, etc., oh dear there's going to be a ton of money that needs to be allocated for and not all those players can be paid appropriately. Having a strong pipeline will help but, umm...Callahan's contract is going to sting like hell as he declines and continues to play 3rd line minutes in the season's most important games. If they can find any way to get Matt Carle's $6M cap hit off the books, that could help.

spacer.png

A Stanley Cup Championship never becomes irrelevant, much less one from just 7 years ago.

Tell that to the Carolina Hurricanes.

I'm sorry, who?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Go Tampa. I've had enough of Blackhawk oversaturation.

Bleep Toews. Bleep Kane. Bleep the media lovefest over this team.

Send them into salary cap hell as the dynasty that never was.

Yeah, :censored: Patrick Kane... that Buffalo boy done good with 108 points in 109 playoff games. What's he ever done? Holy hell. Does anything bring you joy?

In other news, I somehow did not enter the CCSLC bracket league, and I am going to phantom win it if the Blackhawks win the Cup:

sabresinsix.jpg

Keith isn't human. Probably will go down as the greatest defenseman to ever lace up skates in a Blackhawks sweater.

As far as Oduya goes he's been rather quiet, in a good way. Took a derp penalty in the final minutes of the game which led to a PPG, but otherwise I've been pleased. That being said, Q can't simple skate the same 7 guys for another long series and expect to win. I don't know if fatigue is going to be the primary issue for the Blackhawks this series so long as they maintain their composure. The last thing they need is to have another one of their patented brain freezes where they have no idea how to move in the offensive zone and chase-chase-chase on defense. The nuclear line should start the series, but I'm guessing it gets Quenneville'd before the end.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, :censored: Patrick Kane... that Buffalo boy done good with 108 points in 109 playoff games. What's he ever done? Holy hell. Does anything bring you joy?

What brings me joy? Seeing someone else in the Cup Finals. We've seen LA and Chicago over and over again.

Nah, hold off on the Nuclear Option and try to start with a balanced attack. What do you think they call it a Nuclear Option for, anyway? I'm not sure what Bickell's deal is other than general suckage, but I'm sure the possibility of Versteeg drawing in for him looms large.

There's some talk that TVR may be back for the Final, which doesn't totally alleviate the strain on the top four but if he has his legs back, he can take more minutes than one of Cumiskey or Rundblad, who have both been okay the last two games, to be fair.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What brings me joy? Seeing someone else in the Cup Finals. We've seen LA and Chicago over and over again.

In the past ten years, there have been 14 different teams in the Finals. Seems pretty good.

RIP Ducks:

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

First of all, I haven't read all the pages of this because I don't have time, but I went back a few pages and did not see any Kings fans saying anything about having 2 Cups to 1 for the Ducks. But insecure? Kings fans aren't insecure, we have nothing to be insecure about. We aren't fans of a team that has choked a 3-2 lead in a series only to lose game 7 at home each time the last 3 years. At least the Kings know how to play in a game 7. At least they show up. Oh and if you don't like us rubbing in the fact that the Kings have 2 Cups and the Ducks have 1, well then that's just friggin' karma buddy. You were the annoying fans who after a loss at Honda Center to the Kings, would always scream out, "Who's got a Cup?" So you are getting the karma back. It sucks doesn't it? We're not insecure, we're just giving back to you, what you gave to us.

It does to Kings fans I guess, because "lulz the Ducks only have 1".

I don't understand why some Kings fan seem so insecure with Cup wins. It seems a lot of the time they have to show remind everybodythey have more than the Ducks. Both team's wins are just as relevant.

I don't hear of any Oilers fans holding their 5 cups over the Flames 1.

lLRgmhJ.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I really think the Blackhawks are playing with fire with the 4 defenseman and Corey Crawford is capable of having bad stretches.

I hope Blackhawks fans don't get too ahead of themselves and thinking they've got this in the bag.

Underestimate Tampa at your own risk.

I don't understand why some Kings fan seem so insecure with Cup wins. It seems a lot of the time they have to show remind everybodythey have more than the Ducks. Both team's wins are just as relevant.

lLRgmhJ.jpg

That is hideous treatment... It's an authentic even!

For me, the upcoming series comes down to this- goals will be had, but Bishop/Crawford will determine just how many goals will be had.

It feels like what would have happened in 2011 had Tampa beaten the Bruins and we got Bolts/Canucks instead.

Kings fans suffered for 45 years. Blackhawks fans suffered for almost 50 years. Let us have our fun. It's amusing seeing you whine and bitch about it. Just because of you I hope each of the next 10 finals alternates between the Kings and Blackhawks.

For me, the upcoming series comes down to this- goals will be had, but Bishop/Crawford will determine just how many goals will be had.

It feels like what would have happened in 2011 had Tampa beaten the Bruins and we got Bolts/Canucks instead.

So you're saying the actions of the goalies will determine the final score? Let me get a pen...

lLRgmhJ.jpg
Ooooh. In what world would that guy think that was a good idea?

IEI5Tg1.png

I thought that was just Kramerica calling in every episode :P

It was. But it was fun. He was a pretty good caller.

Am I wrong in thinking this forum has a pretty big chunk of Lightning/Ducks fans?

Nope. We have a fair deal of Bolts fans, and Ducks fans have a big and loud internet presence in general. Of course, no faction here is bigger than pretend Rangers fans.

Yeah, I pretended to be a Rangers fan for 22 years. But like a lot of guys my age, I ended up falling for a team half my age because I thought it made me look younger.

BB52Big.jpg

A Stanley Cup Championship never becomes irrelevant, much less one from just 7 years ago.

Tell that to the Carolina Hurricanes.

I'm sorry, who?

I'm sorry, it was late at night. I don't know what I said either.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Archived