TCU Football Mach Speed Uniforms 2015

H11K

The helmets for the most part are actually quite nice, however the grey and the purple uniform are just total overkill. Was expecting to see something akin to the white uniforms where they use the frog print sparingly. One point that really annoys me about all 3 sets is the collar, either continue the colour all the way round or don't have it at all. It's too close to the toilet seat collars of a few years ago in the NFL.

Yeah not a fan of the mach speed collar at all. I think the purple and gray frogskin tops will be pretty ok from the stands. And blended into the uniforms already available, they could be cool.

If it were muted a bit.

• 5 months later...

TCU has worn the new Mach Speed uniforms in each of their first four games.

Game 1 at Minnesota: white/white/white

cT5HWtX.jpg

Game 2 vs. SF Austin: grey/grey/white

XmbpsQg.jpg

Game 3 vs. SMU: purple/purple/white

ZNgBuZW.jpg

Game 4 at TX Texh: white/white/purple

kV3V6Xi.jpg

Will be interesting to see if they go with the Mach Speeds again or pull something out of the closet for Texas this weekend.

What makes you think they'll suddenly switch away from their brand new uniforms?

I don't know anyone who expected they would throw out every other combination they have and only wear the new Mach Speeds.

Seriously? I don't know who you talk to, but that's exactly what I expected. Because that is how most teams work, sans Oregon apparently.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for them to wear their previous set, it was FAR superior, but I don't think it's gonna happen. At least not this season anyway.

What makes you think they'll suddenly switch away from their brand new uniforms?

I don't know anyone who expected they would throw out every other combination they have and only wear the new Mach Speeds.

That was wishful thinking and nothing more. They unveiled a new design to replace the old one like they do every 4-5 years. Only the ducks and cash strapped mid majors mix sets.

Archived