I say yes as well.

East

new teams in: Blue Jackets, Panthers, Bruins

2015 playoff teams out: Senators, Red Wings, Penguins

West

new teams in: Kings, Stars,

2015 playoff teams out: Jets, Canucks

PvO6ZWJ.png

You guys picking the Stars and Avs must be presuming that they're actually going to assemble blue lines for themselves. I think they both have a way to go. The Kings will be back, and the Jets will stay in.

The Panthers need to get themselves a goalie who isn't Luongo, though, because I feel like the clock is just about to run out on old Bob. He's in his late tirties, he's logged a ton of games, attrition can't be far behind. I'd explore trading Brian Campbell, who's down to the last year on his contract and whose Veteran Leadership may be more valuable, say, back in Buffalo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I say yes as well.

East

new teams in: Blue Jackets, Panthers, Bruins

2015 playoff teams out: Senators, Red Wings, Penguins

West

new teams in: Kings, Stars,

2015 playoff teams out: Jets, Canucks

No Flyers on the new teams in list???? ;) I kid. I like the coaching hire but they have a long way to go.

Yeah, the Jets are in for a few years, at least. With the kids they have coming in, another underrated FA signing like Chevy pulled off with Perreault last year, and what will probably be a fleecing at the draft (17 and 25 and probably Enstrom-Myers for a top ten and a third rounder), the Jets finish no lower than 4th in the central till 2018.

I am not a prognosticator.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They needed to wash their hands of the core this summer and now they probably won't. Hey, one fewer team to worry about in the Central, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Peter DeBoer to the Sharks. Not sure how I feel about that.

It could've been worse. It could've been Oates.

And cue Admiral in...5...4...3...2...1...

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Mediocre coach for a mediocre team.

Chokers for sure, but mediocre? Hmm. Don't think that's quite right.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Oh hey, welcome to 2015

They were 12th in the 14-team Western Conference. The only teams that did worse were trying to lose. Mediocre was being too generous.

Oh hey, welcome to 2015

They were 12th in the 14-team Western Conference. The only teams that did worse were trying to lose. Mediocre was being too generous.

Ohhhh. You all meant this season. In that case, sure.

Archived