2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come the Kovalchuck contract in New Jersey was voided because it "violated the spirit of the CBA". What NJ did what not technically against the CBA and it was done so NJ could ice the best team possible.

Yet... Florida and Arizona can trade for dead cap space to reach the salary floor so they don't have to ice the best team possible and that doesn't "violate the spirit of the CBA".

OITGDNHL?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Antoine Vermette got his Cup and goes back to the desert for 2 years, $7.5M.

Good trade. They get our draft pick, our defensive prospect, and sign back the guy we traded those things for. We get a Cup.

I saw this coming. Though he finally did help us down the stretch, he seems like someone who would rather be comfortable in mediocrity.

Plus, now he brings much-needed Stanley Cup Experience Proven Winner Championship Pedigree to the 'Yotes.

Voynov has plead out. Misdemeanor count of causing corporal injury to a spouse. 90 days in jail, 3 years probation. The DA is claiming that he'll be deported but the defense isn't in agreement. Hopefully the Kings pull a Richards on his contract when the suspension is lifted.

VmWIn6B.png

Voynov has plead out. Misdemeanor count of causing corporal injury to a spouse. 90 days in jail, 3 years probation. The DA is claiming that he'll be deported but the defense isn't in agreement. Hopefully the Kings pull a Richards on his contract when the suspension is lifted.

They'll just trade his cap hit to the Coyotes for Strome.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Timothy Leif Oshie has one 20-goal season, one 60-point season, and disappears every year right around the time the shootout rule does. He's somehow seen as more than that because of #thatshootoutmove and his participation in the strange trend of the NHL's second-tier players getting more national endorsement deals than the league's superstars. Troy Brouwer's about an even trade for him.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Who'd've thought that, in the end, both teams ended up losing the 2009 Phil Kessel Trade?

Think about it. While Jared Knight amounted to pretty much nothing, Boston was absolutely gifted two young stars in Seguin and Hamilton. Seguin was shipped off for spare parts, and, while time will tell how the Hamilton picks turn out, something tells me that a mid-first and two seconds probably won't prove equal in value to a cornerstone d-man. But hey, at least their locker room environment is good, right?

The Leafs would probably be contenders now (or soon) if they did what they were supposed to do and started a patient rebuild six years ago. While there's no way of knowing who/where they would've picked in 2011, Seguin would've been theirs for sure. At the end of the day, we got six years of good production from Kessel, which unfortunately doesn't mean much since we made the playoffs only once in that span anyways. We effectively got two mid-firsts and a second from Pittsburgh, which is what Burke thought he was giving up when he made that deal (the 1st Pittsburgh gave up in the deal is lottery protected...I wonder what made them think to do that?).

So, in essence, Boston gave up a gifted young star for two, and then gave them both away within a few years. Toronto overpaid for said young star, watched him waste away his prime years, and then traded him for much less than they initially gave up. Somewhere, Brad Treliving and Jim Rutherford snicker.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah, going to have to agree with Hedley.

I would trade Wayne Gretzky for Robin Bigsnake if it won me the Cup.

Really excited to see how Calgary will do this year, Burkie's doing great stuff there.

Archived