2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tacky with a capital 'T'

Don't worry, you'll never have to see a Vancouver Canuck sully his body with one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tacky with a capital 'T'

Don't worry, you'll never have to see a Vancouver Canuck sully his body with one.

You are one piece of work... It was a comment on the design of the tattoo, not the team.

Dave Nonis is back in Anaheim! Hopefully he can bring some of that winning attitude and positive culture he fostered in Toronto back to the Ducks.

The one time Nonis made the playoffs in Toronto was The Collapse against the Bruins. Ducks gonna duck. Hey... that actually made a sentence!

"As is club policy, terms were not disclosed."

It's not just the Blue Jackets that do this, but it's remarkably dumb. It's public knowledge soon thereafter. Is there a single guy in the league whose salary we don't know?

Timothy Leif Oshie has one 20-goal season, one 60-point season, and disappears every year right around the time the shootout rule does. He's somehow seen as more than that because of #thatshootoutmove and his participation in the strange trend of the NHL's second-tier players getting more national endorsement deals than the league's superstars. Troy Brouwer's about an even trade for him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On a serious note, yes Oshie has the tendency to disappear, but the two things the Caps have needed sorely for a while is veteran leadership and a top line winger for Ovi and Backstrom. While we lose veteran presence with Brouwer, we recoupe it with Williams. And T.J. Oshie is he closest thing to a top line winger the Caps have had in a long time.

spacer.png

Sabres sign O'Reilly for 7 years, $7.5M per. He'll earn a salary of only $1M per year; the rest is paid out in signing bonuses (since buyouts apply to only the player's salary, it's effectively buyout-proof).

Great signing for a rebuilding team.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A prospective buyer for the #NHL Carolina Hurricanes is in Raleigh North Carolina today. #TSN

WiB and I are both prospective buyer's for the Hurricanes, and I for one have been in Raleigh for 21 years now. Karmanos just won't accept WiB's offer of a used Buffalo Sabres jersey or mine of the license to WKRP and a discount coupon good at any participating Arby's.

nav-logo.png

Give it time, Mac. Keep playing the long game. That Arby's coupon's only gonna keep going up in value.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

...and Chevy is doing his usual job of signing marginal players from terrible teams. I'm just gonna hope that some of the kids are ready to make the jump (Ehlers, Morrissey, Petan)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

What can you do when someone like Antoine Vermette would rather leave money on the table to play in comfort for last-place Phoenix than take good money to play on a contender in Winnipeg? Hockey players, man, I don't get 'em sometimes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Don't read too much into it. I'm sure Ellis will spend most of his time in ze land of chocolate. That said, if they don't, whatever, it's only Braden Holtby, the answer to the question "we have to have a decent Canadian goalie other than Price, right?"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Don't read too much into it. I'm sure Ellis will spend most of his time in ze land of chocolate. That said, if they don't, whatever, it's only Braden Holtby, the answer to the question "we have to have a decent Canadian goalie other than Price, right?"

"Only Braden Holtby"? I know that on the surface this statement seems accurate, but if you watched the playoffs this year, you can see why I think he is our goalie of the future.

spacer.png

Caps signed Dan Ellis

http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/2015/07/04/capitals-sign-dan-ellis

OK, now I'm starting to worry about if we're going to resign Holtby.... Stop dragging!

Dan Ellis is a marquee, franchise player, game changing piece that is going to put the Capitals over the top. You can put him back there in net and you will not have to worry if he is going to cost you games. He is going to give you a chance to win, every single night. If I was a fan of the Capitals, I would feel better today with the signing of Dan Ellis, than I did yesterday. Now they are the odds on favorite to win the Stanley Cup.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived