BigBubba

2015 NHL Golf Thread

Did we get that invested in sports when we were 5? Thought we were too busy playing outside and you know, doing things.

Maybe in the other 2,629,745 minutes in her life that aren't on that video, just maybe, she found some time to play outside.

So Keith is currently talking about divorce. And I'm sure Sharp is happy that he isn't in Chicago now.

So Keith is currently talking about divorce. And I'm sure Sharp is happy that he isn't in Chicago now.

Same Trib interview had Keith clearing Sharp's name, for what it's worth. I don't think that particular rumor adds up. The weather girl thing on the other hand...

EDIT:

Whoops wrong thread....

Edited by rvrdgsfn

I feel as if Lou is there to mentor Dubas for a few years until he's ready to take over.

Does Canada have an April Fool's Day on July 23rd? Like how Canadian Thanksgiving is in October?

I'm not sure why they couldn't just give Dubas or Hunter the GM title? Is Lou going to be a ceremonial GM?

Shanahan loves the guy, apparently. So probably not. Unfortunately.

People love crapping on the Leafs. Describing what the Leafs have done this off season as "dumb" is ridiculous.

I'm not sure why they couldn't just give Dubas or Hunter the GM title? Is Lou going to be a ceremonial GM?

Because they have zero experience being a GM in the NHL, And little NHL front office experience period. So why not bring in someone with a wealth of experience? Is there anyone else in the game you would want Kyle Dubas to learn from? And Mark Hunter can't go see a player in Sweden or Russia when he has responsibilities as GM.

Lou seems to be as patient a guy as there was on market. It'll be some interesting media pressers with him here.

My perception is he's pretty able with player agents... that's not a bad thing.

Anyways, the point of the matter is he's here for 3yrs to show 28yr old Ass't GM Kyle Dubas the ropes.

The bigger story might be are the Devils back on Mickey Mouse watch pun not intended? Lou was the NJ franchise since 1987.

Maybe they can move to Toronto also zing.

Because they have zero experience being a GM in the NHL, And little NHL front office experience period. So why not bring in someone with a wealth of experience? Is there anyone else in the game you would want Kyle Dubas to learn from? And Mark Hunter can't go see a player in Sweden or Russia when he has responsibilities as GM.

Yeah, I'd want them to learn from anyone whose team has not been awful for years, and someone who wasn't responsible for the ridiculous series of blunders involved with Kovalchuk's tenure with the Devils.

Just like with PK Subban, the Alex Galchenyuk negociations are making headlines because of difficulties trying to make a deal.

Yeah, I'd want them to learn from anyone whose team has not been awful for years, and someone who wasn't responsible for the ridiculous series of blunders involved with Kovalchuk's tenure with the Devils.

"awful for years" the Devils were in the cup finals 3 seasons ago. Then they lost Zach Parise in free agency and Kovalchuk left for Russia. Of course they took a turn for the worse. But I guess after being so consistently good for a decade and half you aren't allowed any down period at all. Everyone else held to such high standards?

And also missed the playoffs every other year since 2009-2010.

Lamerilleo was a very good GM at one point. But the league has moved on and he has not done well.