2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

And also missed the playoffs every other year since 2009-2010.

Lamerilleo was a very good GM at one point. But the league has moved on and he has not done well.

got anymore meaningless cliche's like "the league has moved on"?

He's something actually meaningful, the Devils circumstances have changed, new ownership hasn't been as helpful.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...are there 2x NHL threads? I post in here because there's fewer/more recent pages...

?

NHL Golf Thread: off-season signings and news.

NHL Anti-Thread: expansion/relocation speculation and discussion. Occasional play-by-play of Glendale city council hearings.

To be precise, anti-threads are for chronicling the ignominy, failure, and scumminess of their respective leagues. It just so happens that all those words describe NHL expansion.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would be worries as a Devils fan if Lou Lamerello made a right decision in the last decade, but as the Kovalcheck fiasco, nine million coaches, no decent draft picks, failing to sign Zach Parise and chasing Marty away show he has lost his fast ball. This has Leafs failure written all over it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ultimately, between Shanahan and Babcock (and Hunter and Dubas), Lou will have far less influence than most GMs. The Leafs seem content GMing by committee, so he's basically just another member of the panel. You all act as if he's been granted Brian Burke power.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

And also missed the playoffs every other year since 2009-2010.

Lamerilleo was a very good GM at one point. But the league has moved on and he has not done well.

got anymore meaningless cliche's like "the league has moved on"?

He's something actually meaningful, the Devils circumstances have changed, new ownership hasn't been as helpful.

I would offer up the list of the team's results, but I'm sure you can wiki as well as anyone else. I was wrong, I thought he was only 70, he's 72. Who gives a 72 a three year contract?

The one way I do see value in this hire is his connections and ins with the NHL old-boys network, which if he uses his time to introduce the younger executives might be worthwhile. But then again, the NHL pimp-slapped him pretty badly for the kovalchuk contract, so how much do they really like him?

I just wouldn't let him make any real decisions.

Well, you've sold me. I see no way that having a bunch of type-A personalities making decisions by committee can possibly go wrong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, you've sold me. I see no way that having a bunch of type-A personalities making decisions by committee can possibly go wrong.

Their idea is to treat the Maple Leafs like Team Canada.

They've tried everything else for 47 years to no avail, might as well try something different.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Penguins send Brandon Sutter and a 3rd to Vancouver. Bonino and Clendening to Pit.

Penguins also sign Erik Fehr

Nick Bonino, Adam Clendening, 2nd rd pick

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Didn't think Bonino would be moved by the Canucks so soon. Perhaps with all the Kesler to Pens rumours, (prior to his trade) Sutter was the target Vancouver wanted? After last season too the Pens more willing to move him.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived