2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that means he's guilty and he is indeed a douchebag.

It doesn't look good for Kane, and he probably is a douchebag based on his history, but there's good reason for even an innocent person in his situation to do that. He's got an $84M contract; if he goes to jail or has the contract terminated, that's a Scrooge McDuck vault of money that disappears. A payoff here is like buying an insurance policy to protect that $84M. People will assume he's guilty for doing it, but people would have assumed he's guilty even if it went to trial and he was acquitted.

In non-Kane news, I found this article from the AHL's site pretty interesting. I'm surprised they end up using a big board though, rather than just a bunch of algorithms that could churn something out in a few minutes. Pretty neat.

https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/631830169364340737/photo/1

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Ducks sign Mike Santorelli to 1y/875k.

I don't know where he'll fit on the team, but I like the signing.

He's a really solid player who can help in all aspects of the game. Really likes him here in Toronto last year.

untitled-6.jpg

I like the looks of it, but I'm not entire sold on the seats in the hockey rink not going all the way around the top.

And potentially stupid question. Are the roofs intended to be clear or is that just for the renderings to see inside?

Ken King says he visited Minneapolis and saw US Bank Stadium and loves the clear roof, he says it'd be cool to have it for the Football Stadium/Fieldhouse, but it's not a necessity. So probably just renderings.

Supposedly the true renderings will be released in the coming weeks, this is just something to go by right now.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So, anyone know what the phases actually mean?

It's in the article, but since you're lazy:

Phase 1: Apply for expansion, league accepts bids

Phase 2: Applicants' arena plans and market viability examined

I had read the article but I missed that, when I read it again it seemed awkwardly worded and spaced out.

So thanks, I guess.

Daly referred to the third stage as "the last formal phase," but added, "it does not necessarily constitute the end of the process."

Phase 4: examining whether you are not Quebec City

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Daly referred to the third stage as "the last formal phase," but added, "it does not necessarily constitute the end of the process."

Phase 4: examining whether you are not Quebec City

Tabernac!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived