BigBubba

2015 NHL Golf Thread

EA Sports removed Patrick Kane from the NHL cover today. It's just Toews now:

11866416_10153572576310996_7508406340287

Brutal. I'll never unsee the wiped away rapist from that cover.

Maybe EA will put Jon Dowd on skates for the Hawks.

So that means he's guilty and he is indeed a douchebag.

It doesn't look good for Kane, and he probably is a douchebag based on his history, but there's good reason for even an innocent person in his situation to do that. He's got an $84M contract; if he goes to jail or has the contract terminated, that's a Scrooge McDuck vault of money that disappears. A payoff here is like buying an insurance policy to protect that $84M. People will assume he's guilty for doing it, but people would have assumed he's guilty even if it went to trial and he was acquitted.

Ducks sign Mike Santorelli to 1y/875k.

I don't know where he'll fit on the team, but I like the signing.

He's a really solid player who can help in all aspects of the game. Really likes him here in Toronto last year.

Flames unveiled a new Arena/Stadium complex. Looks awesome, and this city needs it.

Here

I like the looks of it, but I'm not entire sold on the seats in the hockey rink not going all the way around the top.

And potentially stupid question. Are the roofs intended to be clear or is that just for the renderings to see inside?

I like the looks of it, but I'm not entire sold on the seats in the hockey rink not going all the way around the top.

And potentially stupid question. Are the roofs intended to be clear or is that just for the renderings to see inside?

Ken King says he visited Minneapolis and saw US Bank Stadium and loves the clear roof, he says it'd be cool to have it for the Football Stadium/Fieldhouse, but it's not a necessity. So probably just renderings.

Supposedly the true renderings will be released in the coming weeks, this is just something to go by right now.

So, anyone know what the phases actually mean?

It's in the article. But since you're lazy:

Phase 1: Apply for expansion, league accepts bids

Phase 2: Applicants' arena plans and market viability examined

It's in the article, but since you're lazy:

Phase 1: Apply for expansion, league accepts bids

Phase 2: Applicants' arena plans and market viability examined

I had read the article but I missed that, when I read it again it seemed awkwardly worded and spaced out.

So thanks, I guess.

Daly referred to the third stage as "the last formal phase," but added, "it does not necessarily constitute the end of the process."

Phase 4: examining whether you are not Quebec City

Daly referred to the third stage as "the last formal phase," but added, "it does not necessarily constitute the end of the process."

Phase 4: examining whether you are not Quebec City

Tabernac!

It means after they go through the pile of paperwork that (hopefully) it gets stamped with the word "Approved". Don't know for sure about Vegas' possible issues, but I think Quebec's got it this time.

My thoughts exactly when I saw the notification