2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The grand jury testimony scheduled to start today has been abruptly postponed. Patrick Kane is going to pay the woman he raped a lot of money to shut her up. This year's banner-raising ceremony on opening night on NBCSN is going to feature quite an unusually-high amount of tap dancing for something performed on ice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

“It does not happen often, but it does happen,” said Frank J. Clark, a career prosecutor, who served 12 years as Erie County district attorney before retiring in 2009. “As a matter of law, you cannot pay somebody money to stop them from testifying. That’s bribing a witness. But at the same time, two parties can reach a civil settlement. And sometimes, after that, the person who made the criminal allegation suddenly decides that he or she will no longer cooperate in the prosecution.
“It is a very murky area of the law, and it makes things very delicate and difficult for a prosecutor. No prosecutor wants to force a rape victim to get on the stand and testify against her will.”

This kind of explains it.

IbjBaeE.png

The grand jury testimony scheduled to start today has been abruptly postponed. Patrick Kane is going to pay the woman he raped a lot of money to shut her up. This year's banner-raising ceremony on opening night on NBCSN is going to feature quite an unusually-high amount of tap dancing for something performed on ice.

Ever-reliable twitterings say that settlement talks are not occurring, but I feel like that is an inevitability with the postponement.

Also based on your post, I think I can safely assume that I'm not the only one a little embarrassed to be a fan of this organization going into the 2015/16 season. It's incredibly uncomfortable juggling the possibility of the team I love housing a rapist after spending so long rebuilding the image of the franchise to the point where the league looks to them for precedent. I really hope they end this nightmare for themselves sooner rather than later, but chances are excellent they'll simply put Kane into this ambiguous zone of "he's a player on our team" and "he wears number 88" and "no comment." Banished from all promotional materials, exiled from all events and merely just a guy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And they have been out in full herp-a-derp strut today, believe me.

There's a great post on Committed Indian today about how this has taken away all the fun of a post-Cup offseason, ruined any anticipation for the upcoming season, and how it's forced some unsettling realities about this team's fanbase to come to light. I am genuinely going to hate this organization if they bring Kane back and act like this is normal, keeping it all contained under the trademarked McDonough PR omerta. If Kane still skates for the Hawks, as long as he does, I may revert to the position I held during the last decade of Dollar Bill's reign: actively rooting for failure. Or maybe this is all me blustering and I'll get giddy again when I see him clown a goalie. Who knows. This whole situation has made me feel like even more of an idiot than usual.

All because you had to get your dick wet exactly when and where you wanted to, you drunken buffoon.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And they have been out in full herp-a-derp strut today, believe me.

There's a great post on Committed Indian today about how this has taken away all the fun of a post-Cup offseason, ruined any anticipation for the upcoming season, and how it's forced some unsettling realities about this team's fanbase to come to light. I am genuinely going to hate this organization if they bring Kane back and act like this is normal, keeping it all contained under the trademarked McDonough PR omerta. If Kane still skates for the Hawks, as long as he does, I may revert to the position I held during the last decade of Dollar Bill's reign: actively rooting for failure. Or maybe this is all me blustering and I'll get giddy again when I see him clown a goalie. Who knows. This whole situation has made me feel like even more of an idiot than usual.

All because you had to get your dick wet exactly when and where you wanted to, you drunken buffoon.

It was a tremendous post, and the last part of the article I think summed it up for a lot of fans.

On a theoretical level for fans… well, that’s even harder. Personally, I don’t want it. I don’t want Kane to ever play a game in the United Center again. And that includes any possible trade and coming in with a different uniform on. I don’t want it. I don’t want to have to question who I am or what I am every time the Hawks take the ice. I don’t want to watch a large section of fans give him a standing ovation on his first step onto the ice on Madison, whatever he’s wearing, and have to wonder if I’m the same as them. I don’t want watching hockey to turn into some moral referendum in my own head. It was easy to scoff at others, Steelers fans or Lakers fans or Kings fans. And now it’s here with us. I don’t want it. Also, maybe even more so, I don’t want it because I know with time it gets easier and easier to compartmentalize and acquiesce. It gets easier to stop asking yourself those questions. It gets easier to cheer the goals and assists and let all of this fade into the background.

http://thecommittedindian.com/endgame-maybe/

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm angry that I won't be able to get any enjoyment out of watching the most exciting player on the team (I generally don't get excited about conscientious two-way play), but I'd rather lose that than lose what's left of my soul by pretending that nothing happened. That the Blackhawks won a Stanley Cup basically by rope-a-doping the whole league and waiting for everyone else to trip on their own dicks had already sort of discouraged me from bothering with Gamecenter and the emotional rollercoaster of a full season. All the unpleasant business of this summer has just driven it home. It feels like the era is over, it was a great one, but now the Blackhawks are going to occupy a smaller portion of my life. Call it growing up. I've been avoiding it for so long, too!

As for the fanbase, I don't think Blackhawks fans are any different from other sports fans -- people who like the Blackhawks like other teams in town, and if they lived somewhere else, they'd like those teams instead. With a few exceptions of extreme loutishness or echo-chambered sanctimony, people are people. There's nothing new under the sun; it's the same cross-section of willfully ignorant hoi polloi and principled self-loathers that we saw with Kobe and Roethlisberger and anyone else who's done inexcusable things.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, no talk of hockey players being awful humans would be complete without the Kings, so get a load of this "overcoming adversity" velvet handjob from Pierre LeBrun, in which 8-ball pool parties and bloodying women can be traced back to irresponsible social media usage, or something.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/39448/kings-players-stay-focused-on-game-amidst-off-ice-issues

Well, no talk of hockey players being awful humans would be complete without the Kings, so get a load of this "overcoming adversity" velvet handjob from Pierre LeBrun, in which 8-ball pool parties and bloodying women can be traced back to irresponsible social media usage, or something.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/39448/kings-players-stay-focused-on-game-amidst-off-ice-issues

*writes down 'velvet handjob' in list of potential band names*

"Definitely, many lessons learned, especially with all the social media nowadays," said Doughty. "You have to be so careful. Whether it’s having a beer in a public place, they can turn that into anything in a matter of seconds, really. So it’s definitely been a learning thing for everyone on our team and a learning thing for everyone in the league, for that matter.

"It’s not a good thing it happened, but it’s a good thing we all learned from it, and not allow it to happen again."

What a goddamn disgrace.

twitter

Hey, remember when Drew Doughty paid away a rape allegation? He and the league are pretty sure you don't!

Hey, remember when Drew Doughty paid away a rape allegation? He and the league are pretty sure you don't!

Well, having a beer in Hermosa Beach and someone tweeting a photo of it is worse, I guess.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I'll be willing to host a seminar on "supporting your team when one of its best players is a felonious scumbag." I can give you all kinds of pointers after the Leonard Little experience.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*writes down 'velvet handjob' in list of potential band names*

"Definitely, many lessons learned, especially with all the social media nowadays," said Doughty. "You have to be so careful. Whether it’s having a beer in a public place, they can turn that into anything in a matter of seconds, really. So it’s definitely been a learning thing for everyone on our team and a learning thing for everyone in the league, for that matter.

"It’s not a good thing it happened, but it’s a good thing we all learned from it, and not allow it to happen again."

What a goddamn disgrace.

Impressive how he made beating your wife sound like a damned TMZ wardrobe malfunction.

"Yeah, when you ram your wife's forehead into the corner of your flatscreen and send blood gushing all over your bedroom, don't Instagram that ish, brah. Maaaaaaaajor party foul."

Archived