2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Cup schedule released.

Group A: Canada, USA, Czech Republic, & Rest of Europe.

Group B: Russia, Finland, Sweden, North American Youth.

Playoffs:

A1 v B2, etc.

Finals:

Best 2 of 3 game series. I like that.

It'll be interesting to see how much traction it all receives, having every single game being played at ACC in Toronto.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

It could work and I would welcome it as an early season starter every four years, but if they want this thing to be legitimate they absolutely have to play it every four years. 1996, 2004, and 2016 make it feel like they just have it whenever they feel like it (which is pretty much true) so it doesn't feel like there are any actual stakes involved.

I'm also not sold on the U23 team or the Eurotrash team, but maybe it'll work and will be more competitive than the Olympic field.

Also, that Frank Gehry trophy can't ever see the light of day again. That was a complete joke. They need something people actually want to win. I suggest the Avco Cup.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Also, that Frank Gehry trophy can't ever see the light of day again. That was a complete joke. They need something people actually want to win. I suggest the Avco Cup.

Oh holy crap I'd forgotten about that thing. That was really, really stupid.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

It could work and I would welcome it as an early season starter every four years, but if they want this thing to be legitimate they absolutely have to play it every four years. 1996, 2004, and 2016 make it feel like they just have it whenever they feel like it (which is pretty much true) so it doesn't feel like there are any actual stakes involved.

I'm also not sold on the U23 team or the Eurotrash team, but maybe it'll work and will be more competitive than the Olympic field.

Btw it starts Sept 17, finishes no later possible game #3 finals Oct 1st. Could get buried by football & baseball in America.

The 2 makeshift teams are because it was too late to plan qualifiers. The following WC will probably see 4 teams playing play-in games for those 2 spots... along the lines of Switzerland, Slovakia, Norway, Germany (or someone like Latvia if they have solid goaltending).

If there is no WC in 2020, it'll be a joke. Arbitrarily playing these tournaments erodes their significance.

Honestly, I'd love a full 20 team slate with single game elimination tournament tree. Invite some more Euro & Asian teams to make it a real World Cup. Or better yet, do like soccer & give an automatic berth to every region- I know there are African hockey feds out there.

That'd be sick.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Let's get to a point where Slovakia can maybe hold it together for two straight tournaments before we initiate the Global Sun Belt Strategy, okay?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

See, I think it would be a tremendous gag to stick a team from the Global South in this thing and then have the announcers send up the whole thing like "well, naturally, hockey fans in Indonesia are still loyal to the Netherlands from their days back home, but this isn't about making fans out of them, it's about making fans of their kids in twenty years. And really, when you think about it, they're better fans than Canadians, because they won't tolerate a loser. This is about the future, and you've gotta hand it to the provincial strongmen who burned down libraries in order to build hockey rinks. And you should see the size of Jakarta's rec league." This would probably be really bad for international relations, though, and also just purely mean!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I triex to lobby for an outdoor game in Indonesia, but I got shut down as soon as I said "Let me float this idea..."

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I triex to lobby for an outdoor game in Indonesia, but I got shut down as soon as I said "Let me float this idea..."

Well, the players would be floating, quite literally...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Patrick Kane grand jury is now expected to reconvene in about two weeks, right in the middle of preseason. Good luck juggling those chainsaws, WirtzCorp.

Well, the players would be floating, quite literally...

thatsthejoke.jpg

I know.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Love that meme :P It'll be interesting to see how this Kane debacle plays out. Should Chicago trade him, I wonder which teams would risk there reputation by having him one their roster... Guilty or not.

"Mr. Bowman, Dean Lombardi is somehow simultaneously on lines 1, 2, and 3 for you."

Archived