2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the Wings cap situation.

They currently have 10 mil tied up in Weiss and Howard that are riding the pine and 8 key players up for RFA status over the next two seasons with limited space. This is not including Mrazek who will likely get a huge raise.

Could this lead to Babcock's departure?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Doughty, Karlsson, and Subban are Norris nominees.

Doughty has to win. While Subban and Karlsson are both great in their own rights they are simply less good Doughtys.

And Doughty is by far the most defensively responsible (not like that's worth anything, though).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Matt O'Connor signs his two year ELC in Ottawa.

The past three years of goalies has been insane for Ottawa: Anderson/Bishop/Hammond/Lehner/O'Connor, even Driedger who's still 21 and was tearing it up in the A when he got his chance (due to Hammond making the big league). Five years ago I thought that Emery/Gerber would be the best tandem this city would see for the next decade at least.

This either means that one of the NHL goalies will be moved before the draft, or the Sens will go a month or two into the season weighing their options (like they did for Andy/Lehner/Bishop.) Ottawa doesn't have a great track record in trading or trading for goalies, so I really hope Bryan Murray is sure in what he's doing before he makes a choice.

That's pretty wild that O'Connor would go to an organization that's so deep in goal. I had heard the Sabres were in the running for him... perhaps he didn't want to get shell-shocked so early in his career.

That's pretty wild that O'Connor would go to an organization that's so deep in goal. I had heard the Sabres were in the running for him... perhaps he didn't want to get shell-shocked so early in his career.

The other teams he was considering outside of the Sens were the Rangers, Canucks, and Oilers, I don't think the Sabres were seriously interested in him.

Anyway, he's still a college prospect and a likely couple years away from being NHL ready. He says he's willing to commit to his development in the AHL, and he's probably going to split time with Driedger, while Hogberg stays in Sweden or plays in the ECHL (or he could take a spot in the AHL and move Driedger back down to the ECHL, but I don't think that'll happen), that takes care of our goalie prospects nicely.

For the NHL Sens, a goalie was always going to be moved, no team can play a season successfully rotating three goalies. I'm not even speculating who'll be the odd man out because all goalies have their merits and drawbacks, and it's impossible to predict how each goalie leaving would affect the team at this point.

So that's two NHL goalies, two young dependable prospects developing in the AHL, and another prospect (but a big wild card) playing in the ECHL or Europe. It's likely as good or a better goalie situation than the other teams have, but it's not like O'Connor will be pushed down to the bottom of the depth chart to lament in the minors forever, he'll still get his chance when he's ready.

Ideally they trade Anderson. I was hoping he would be shipped out when Bishop was still in town. He has the highest value of any of the goalies and it's not going to get any higher. He could be the centerpiece of a deal to get another elite forward like Hall or Oshie. Lehner's injury situation worries me though. Lehner/Hammond in a 1A/1B situation might not get them to the playoffs in an improved Eastern conference next season.

I hope the Jets can flip 17 and 25 for a high pick. Carolina and New Jersey are pretty barren, IIRC. San Jose too, but they always are.

St. Louis should consider trading back into the first round inasmuch as they have no prospects and Backes and Oshie have no future with the organization. Oshie for 18 sounds good to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hope the Jets can flip 17 and 25 for a high pick. Carolina and New Jersey are pretty barren, IIRC. San Jose too, but they always are.

St. Louis should consider trading back into the first round inasmuch as they have no prospects and Backes and Oshie have no future with the organization. Oshie for 18 sounds good to me.

There's no point in getting prospects because the :censored: ing Wolves wouldn't give them ice time anyway.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hope the Jets can flip 17 and 25 for a high pick. Carolina and New Jersey are pretty barren, IIRC. San Jose too, but they always are.St. Louis should consider trading back into the first round inasmuch as they have no prospects and Backes and Oshie have no future with the organization. Oshie for 18 sounds good to me.

Bryan Murray is looking for a top 6 forward, but I don't think he touches his first rounder, except maybe to move up (last time the Sens held 18th they traded up to draft Karlsson)

To be honest, I think the Sens should focus on shedding the dead-weight and cap wasters from the team, we have $17 million sitting in the press box and valuable RFA's to sign. Leave room to call up some good prospects too like Wideman or Wikstrand on defense who don't have a shot at the roster right now because we have 4 defenseman in the bottom 2, one of whom seems to be able to play hockey.

Connor McDavid's season is done. Likely the next hockey he'll be playing is in the Oilers training camp come September. He finished the playoffs 2 points off of the OHL playoff scoring record.

Archived