Wisconsin Badgers Switching To Under Armour

TVIXX

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, the mountains look rather silly, especially when stuffed into a sleeve cap. But it's a neat design element that they'll hopefully improve upon.

Most of us around here prefer the mountain silhouette that UA puts on the compression shirts and socks (if forced to pick between one hokey design element or another).

1385074.jpg

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Kinda funny that a huge factor in 5 star big man Diamond Stone picking Maryland a couple weeks ago (when Wisconsin was a heavy favorite) was Under Armour.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• 5 months later...

Yessssss, more teams with Thigh Stripes

I wouldn't mind Wisconsin adding a bit more excitement to their uniform set, maybe as a one off set, but otherwise I see them going the Auburn/Notre Dame route and remaining pretty traditional. Hopefully no thigh stripes.

Despite changing manufacturers, I don't see Wisconsin overhauling their look. It's a great look for them, and it has lasted through Apex, Reebok, and Adidas. I doubt UA will have a major influence aside from a few one-off alternates.

Apex in 1994

5239159-gmti_photoj1998q4m12t29h23262100

Reebok

635035199454347855_gmti_photoj1998q4m10t

Adidas

e8f889c780b8b515f90e6a706700c01e_0.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'd tend to agree, although they've already experimented with a couple different red helmets, which I had hoped not to see.

185381385.0_standard_783.0.jpg

What I do expect from Under Armor is more of the one-offs adidas has been playing with.

wisconsin-badgers.jpg

Picture something like that for one game every season.

I don't think he's entirely correct about what shade Cardinal is; his graphic looks too claret. The Badgers should use a darker red than Nebraska, but it should still be red. (And red jerseys over red pants? Ew.)

Myself, I would darken the jerseys to match the color they use on the helmet logo.

ap-unlv-wisconsin-football(3).jpg

joel-stave-wisconsin-badgers.jpg

Jared-Abbrederis-2012-Wisconsin-Badgers.

Archived