Derschwigg's Soccer Kit Templates - NEW Collared Version

derschwigg

Did you see my High School Rebrand project? I'm pretty proud of it. You should go take a look.

In any case, that project was also my first foray into Photorealistic Templates. Specifically PSDs. I think they just look better - no offense to vector work - from a presentation standpoint.

My soccer kits were presented like this:

mg4ypce.jpg

And now - you can use MY template! http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7a90gry5103sdy/SoccerTemplate.psd

ONE FINAL TIP

The best way to make it look like your work is realistically on the jersey is the use of 1) warp/free distortion and 2) the Displacement filter. Free distortion is, I feel, self explanatory. However, displacement is a tricky beast.

In the file, I did my best to color code/name layers appropriately. Yellow layers, you fill the layer with your color and you're set. There is a Blue layer in the Texture folder. Select all in that layer, copy/paste into a new document. Now, you're gonna want to blur it. Filter > Gaussian Blur. I find 2-5 pixels works best here. Save it as a new .psd file. Call it something like SoccerDisplace.psd. Something easy to remember/find. Now, go back to the actual template. Lets say you're working on a set that has stripes (ahem my high school kits ahem). Don't worry about bending. Just draw straight lines/shapes. (if you're working on it as a group, just duplicate the group and then flatten it. this is called "non-destructive editing.") Once you're happy with it on one layer, go to Filter > Distort > Displace. A new window pops up. I find smaller values work well here - 4-10 on both scales. Make sure Stretch to Fit and Repeat Edge pixels are selected. Hit ok. It'll then ask you for a displacement map. CHOOSE THAT SOCCERDISPLACE.PSD FILE. Voila! Photoshop will distort accordingly and it looks realistic. You can still tweak it, but that's the gist.

Holler if you need anything more!

Jordan

As referenced in Requests, this is what I was looking for: something that shows how the doc is set up. It all seems so easy, and yet I haven't been able to pull it off.

All that to say: Thank you.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Bravo - I don't do many soccer concepts, but this is certainly a template I'd use the heck out of! We need more photorealistic templates out there, thanks for contributing something of great use to the community.

Bravo - I don't do many soccer concepts, but this is certainly a template I'd use the heck out of! We need more photorealistic templates out there, thanks for contributing something of great use to the community.

Absolutely true.

This is a beautiful template, Jordan! Great job!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! These boards have given me so much, I felt I should start giving something tangible back.

can you make an xcf version for gimp?

I'll try, but I'm extremely unfamiliar with Gimp. I googled it and the forums say Gimp should open most .PSDs that you can then Save As into an .xcf

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! These boards have given me so much, I felt I should start giving something tangible back.

I'll try, but I'm extremely unfamiliar with Gimp. I googled it and the forums say Gimp should open most .PSDs that you can then Save As into an .xcf

Thank you very very much. I appreciate you trying because when I opened up to the color layers and the Nike swooshes, the all loaded on the pant leg and I couldn't do anything.

Once again, Gracias.

Jordan,

Is there any way that we can make the cuffs and color not as dark? I realize on the Man City template these are darker colors, but it it extremely difficult for me to get one single color on the entire uniform. Thanks.

I can open it with GIMP, but it doesnt work right. It doesnt allow you to fill in specific areas of the uniform, it only colors the entire uniform.

fumk51.jpg

It does that a lot unfortunately. The truth is, the only templates that are reliable are GIMP are .xcf.

Thank you very very much. I appreciate you trying because when I opened up to the color layers and the Nike swooshes, the all loaded on the pant leg and I couldn't do anything.

Once again, Gracias.

I've scoured the internet looking for the best ways to do it, and I'm not finding a very good solution. It might be worth your time to download Photoshop CS2? I think that one's free now...Sorry!

Jordan,

Is there any way that we can make the cuffs and color not as dark? I realize on the Man City template these are darker colors, but it it extremely difficult for me to get one single color on the entire uniform. Thanks.

The best way to do that would be to replace the main/source image with a different kit. I can't imagine the wrinkles would be very far off. You're welcome to try to do it yourself - I'm a little swamped at work at the moment, otherwise, I'd crank it out.

You can find all sorts of high-res kits on this presentation here.

Hi,

I'm from Brazil and i've started an page on Facebook called Palmeiras Concept. Palmeiras is the biggest club here, and i'll post some concepts that we dream about our club, and this template 'll be the first kit that i'll draw, because he is awesome.

Thank you! And sorry for my poor english.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived