Favorite BFBS Jersey

kw11333

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is your favorite BFBS jersey?

Also, do you miss the late 90's and early 2000's craze of black jerseys at all? Even a little? The later part of the 90's was pretty void of colour.

A lot of the BFBS jerseys in the 90's were just re-colourized jerseys the team currently had. Say what you want, I still prefer the Flyers wear a verision of these instead of wearing two orange jerseys.

In 1999 15/29 teams had a black or a very dark blue jersey. Today there are only 8

Philadelphia-Flyers-Black-Jersey-1997-20

The Flyers' black jerseys from the late 1990s were pretty good. I wouldn't call it "BFBS," though, as black is one of their colors. Ideally I think they should have an orange jersey and a black jersey and wear both of them. I actually had no idea they had an orange jersey in the late-90s/early-aughts, because I never saw them wear it.

jordan-farmar-hollywood-nights.jpg

This.

It sucks Kobe never got to wear it.

Turrible, turrible. The uniform, not the fact that Kobe didn't wear it. Good for him.

The Flyers and Georgia uniforms aren't even BFBS, with those being team colors...

I was a fan of these believe it or not:

184239685.0.jpg

I liked those too, but I thought they looked even better in basketball than in football.

Also, do you miss the late 90's and early 2000's craze of black jerseys at all? Even a little? The later part of the 90's was pretty void of colour.

A lot of the BFBS jerseys in the 90's were just re-colourized jerseys the team currently had. Say what you want, I still prefer the Flyers wear a verision of these instead of wearing two orange jerseys.

In 1999 15/29 teams had a black or a very dark blue jersey. Today there are only 8

Okay, actually answering the questions posted by the OP:

My favorite BFBS is probably the Suns' 1990s jersey. There are a handful of others that look decent, but the majority of them look horrid.

Do I miss the massive BFBS trend? Not a bit. Frankly, I think it may actually have gotten worse with regard to college sports. Did you see the NCAA Tournament this year? Even Stephen F. Austin and Georgia State have gotten on board that long black train. (Pun intended.)

I was actually kind of fond of the black Kentucky basketball jerseys

ukblack.jpg

I'm sorry, but I hate it when Kentucky wears black because their wearing one of their arch-rival's colors (Louisville).

Yeah, that would make about as much sense as Louisville wearing blue. I'm glad UK dropped that. (They did, didn't they?)

I love that Flyers jersey as well, I grew up with it. Didn't realize it was out of the ordinary at the time. Would this technically be BFBS though? Since black is one of their primary colors

I love that jersey as well. Got a John LeClair one hanging in my closet. It wasn't out of the ordinary. This jersey started out as an alt but eventually replaced the orange jersey as the primary colored jersey.

The black uniforms were great, as an alternate. I remember when they came out in 1997-'98, and it was so cool to see the black jerseys once in a while.

Then they started wearing them on the road in the playoffs (a few teams did this in the late '90s/ early 2000's, the Flyers, Sharks, Senators and Stars all wore their alternates as road jerseys in the playoffs at once point, back when you had to designate a home and road for the playoffs, but could use any jersey as such). Then they got rid of the orange roads for a while, then started wearing the "3D" logo'd orange jerseys.

I am glad they wear orange now, but I wouldn't mind a black alternate for OCCASIONAL use.

I love that Flyers jersey as well, I grew up with it. Didn't realize it was out of the ordinary at the time. Would this technically be BFBS though? Since black is one of their primary colors

I love that jersey as well. Got a John LeClair one hanging in my closet. It wasn't out of the ordinary. This jersey started out as an alt but eventually replaced the orange jersey as the primary colored jersey.

The black uniforms were great, as an alternate. I remember when they came out in 1997-'98, and it was so cool to see the black jerseys once in a while.

Then they started wearing them on the road in the playoffs (a few teams did this in the late '90s/ early 2000's, the Flyers, Sharks, Senators and Stars all wore their alternates as road jerseys in the playoffs at once point, back when you had to designate a home and road for the playoffs, but could use any jersey as such). Then they got rid of the orange roads for a while, then started wearing the "3D" logo'd orange jerseys.

I am glad they wear orange now, but I wouldn't mind a black alternate for OCCASIONAL use.

My thoughts exactly.

Gonna go with the uniforms that started the trend... at least in hockey anyways

Bm1KNTm.jpg

Team color?

north-stars-dave-gagner.jpg

Only because they randomly made it a team color in the 80's, so the bottom pic is actually BFBS.

And it is one of the best examples of BFBS done right.

Terry-Baker-Montreal-Alouettes-2002-2.jp

In this picture with the fence in the background it looks like a high school game...

The Alouettes play their home games at Percival Molson Memorial Stadium on the McGill university campus. Holds 25 000, and as a season ticket holder it's a really nice stadium especially after the upgrades in 2010. The fence you see is a cast iron fence now and fits with the whole Ivy league vibe the rest of McGill is going for.

Before:

5879929.jpg

After:

08-10-10-PMolsonStadium_south.jpg

Full stadium now:

montreal_molson1.jpg

Also my pick:

image-1.jpg

Alouettes part Deux

c.jpg

Of the Alouettes the one on the right is better.

275px-CFL_MTL_Jersey_2005.png

zyyMk1d.png

Archived