2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

I like the powder facemask best; it looks like it connects the flame to it. I think this might be an instance where continuing the pattern and the colors from the helmet directly to the facemask would be a good idea, especially if you're going for an Oregon inspired look.

On to New Orleans, I like the white pants a lot, and I absolutely love the idea of a city pride uniform. I've always thought that of all the teams in the NFL, New Orleans should be the team to have one! One question though - did you leave out the helmet stripe on purpose? I ask because I didn't read anything about it one way or the other in your post.

Thanks a lot! I may try extending the design on the mask like I did with Cleveland. And yes, I purposely left out the stripe on the Saints. I just felt it gave the helmet a cleaner feel.

Why don't you try a black alternate on the Colts I know you said it's a classic but I want to see how it looks

Any certain things you'd like to see? Blue numbers? White numbers? Let me know what you'd like and I'll do my best

ILike the powder face mask as well

Seems like the powder facemask is fairly popular. I think that's what I may roll with on this design for the Titans and try extending the flame onto the facemask

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Light Blue

2. Navy

3. White

4. Red

973. Gray

I actually like the red a lot, and the Oilers made it look incredible, but the point of the redesign is to help the Titans establish their own identity, so I'm shying away from looking like the Oilers again.

I really miss the Oilers.

87Redskins.png

12/32 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Next up is the Tampa Bay Bucs. Aesthetically speaking, Tampa has always had one of my favorite looks in the NFL and contrary to most opinions, there are a lot of elements in their new unis that I actually like. I kinda went overboard on this one and really went all out making a bunch of options and combos. That being said...here we go.

The logo and new wordmark are carried over from the previous design. The main "pewter" helmet stays and is unchanged as well. I actually really like the over-sized logo and the chrome grill (not very well represented since I'm using paint). I've also added a black and white alternate helmet for fun since it has been turning out quite popular. Again, those are fairly similar and straight forward as well.

r0zfqdT.png

Home Set:

So for the home set, I used red as the primary. The most glaring difference is the font change. I don't think too many people liked the "alarm clock style" numbers and neither did I. It was just too much and really didn't look good in any form. I used a font that reflected the wordmark and is used in both the numbers and the NOB. Similar to their design before the overhaul, I've added the ship on each shoulder. I think it's great to have this on the unis as it's such a big part of the Bucs (plus it's a really cool logo). The numbers are primarily white with the silver from the logo as an outline. The pewter yoke stays (I like it) and it carried through all of the sets. Also, the little orange horns stay separating the red from pewter. There are 3 pant options for the home. Pewter (primary), white and black. The striping on the pants represents a sword. As cliche as it may be, I've always thought that would be a cool idea for a Bucs concept. Lastly, I added "Buccaneers" in white to the chest.

PCylAGG.png

Away Set:

Next up is the away sets. White becomes the primary as usual. Numbers are red outlined in the silver. Red pants are added because...why not?

9X5vKMr.png

Alternate "Creamsicle" Set:

Who can forget the Bucs creamsicle sets?! Sheesh. Let's just say they were "bright". Anywho, I've decided to put a modern spin on them and blend them with their new look I've created. Really just a replica of the home set except orange becomes the primary. Numbers are white outlined in red. White pants would be the primary with the look, but I've also added the pewter and black just for fun to see what it would look like.

K0x6bj9.png

Black Alternate Set:

Remember the black Bucs jerseys back from the Mike Alstott and Warren Sapp days? Yeah, they never wore those. However, I had a black Alstott jersey and I thought they were awesome. So here's a black alternate set. Again, red pants are added just because.

ZjNG6uG.png

Extra Bonus Idea:

Not sure if anyone can chime in here or knows about the subject, but as we all know, NFL is not like college where we see a bunch of different helmet styles. However, after making a bunch of concepts, I realized that a lot of teams actually look good with different colored facemasks. What if teams had interchangeable grills? Is there a rule against this? If so, I'm not aware. So I decided to show the three original helmet options I gave the Bucs along with different options for facemasks. In order, from left to right, you see Chrome, Red, Black, Orange, Pewter and White. Again, it was just an idea I had. I'd love to hear some opinions on this and any other comments. As always, thanks for checking these out and C&C is greatly appreciated!!

qvhhsI9.png

Nice job on the Bucs. I don't go for the sword pants stripe but thats just a personal preference. Really good job simplifying the numbers. Switching to a plain outline allows you to keep it the same for the front and shoulders.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I debated the whole sword thing. I liked it, but am open to suggestions on changing it to something else if people have ideas.

That orange jersey is great.

My favorite helmet is the white with orange facemask, followed by the pewter and orange. I don't really like any of the black options.

Thanks! Looking at it, I may pair that one with the orange alternates

I don't like any of the black uniform options helmet pants jerseys all of it. You already have pewter which is a good lighter shade of black it looks weird with other heavy black elements. Now those white helmets and pants are gorgeous great work on those

I don't like any of the black uniform options helmet pants jerseys all of it. You already have pewter which is a good lighter shade of black it looks weird with other heavy black elements. Now those white helmets and pants are gorgeous great work on those

I completely agree; the white looks good, but the black clashes with the pewter. They are too close visually, so the black pants clash with the pewter shoulders.

award%20sig.png

I completely agree; the white looks good, but the black clashes with the pewter. They are too close visually, so the black pants clash with the pewter shoulders.

Looking at it now, I can see your points. I just wanted to add that option to see how it turned out. I appreciate the opinions so I can weed out the good designs from the bad. I'll likely just scrap the black set entirely and use the orange as the alternate.

I also prefer the white helmet/orange facemask for the Bucs.

Creamsicle alternate is a lot better than the black one ! ;)

The use of the sword as stripes looks great, especially on the red pants !

And the number font is a very good update !

Thanks! I'm just wondering if the white with the orange helmet is the consensus for all of the sets or just the alternate?

Also, if anyone has any requests of what they'd like to see next, I'm open for suggestions. Everything that I have posted so far is what I had done in the past and now I'm about to start new designs to finish out the series.

13/32 -- San Francisco 49ers

Next up is the 49ers. Not too much change here. Just a few subtle and modern elements. As with previous concepts, I've made 3 helmet concepts. One gold, one black and one white. Striping is different on each.

dahWlHU.png

Home Set:

Alright so for starters, the primary color is red with the pants being gold. Helmet is basically unchanged as is the sleeve striping. The only difference is that I moved the stripes up to fix the current problem they have now where some are not visible. The biggest different is the number style. I originally started with just the drop shadow, but then I added in the gold outline. I feel like it's a modern take on their late 90's unis. Also shown is the set with white pants as another option.

a0e4ECU.png

Away Set:

Very much like the home set, except white becomes the primary.

OtYcsx8.png

Alternate Set:

I'm not the biggest fan of the Niners wearing all black, but here's my take. Striping is still the same except the middle stripe becomes gold on the sleeve. The pants are black with only the logo on the hip, nothing else. The helmet is primarily black as well without a stripe to match the pants. Numbers are similar to the other sets, except I removed the outline. I really wanted that minimalistic sort of look.

zMWKIGT.png

C&C Appreciated! Let me know what you think!

Archived