2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the advice on the Niners. I'll go back and revise without the drop shadow just to see what it would look like...however, last night I did finish the Raiders, so here we go.

14/32 -- Oakland Raiders

The Raiders have always had very bland uniforms, but they're also one of the most recognizable. I wanted to keep that tradition rolling and not stray too far or crazy from what they have now. I have 3 helmet concepts again. The main helmet is silver with a widened black stripe. At the back of the stripe I placed the number of the player in silver. I thought it was a nice touch. The second is a white version of the main helmet. And last, but not least, I have an all black helmet for a special "blackout" uniform. There is no side logo, however you do see the crossed swords inverted with the player's number in between in silver. I feel this is a little modern and may spice things up a bit.

Fci8aDb.png

Home Set

The home set is very similar to what the Raiders wear now. The main difference is the striping on the helmet which is wider and also a wider stripe on the pants. Nothing too shocking here. Pants still stay silver and the primary home jersey stays black with silver numbers. The font is a minor change to a different style block. Also different is the sock set. They're now all black for a sleek consistent look with the overall set.

GJXCIVl.png

Away Set:

Keeping with consistency here, the away set is a mirror image of the home, just in white. Also noticed here...there is no silver outline on the numbers as I chose not to put an outline on the home either. Minor adjustment to their current looks. Again, we see a wider stripe on the helmet and pants.

3wChyXo.png

Alternate Sets:

Here's where the fun begins (a little). Below are 4 different alternate combos. The first is the blackout concept I described earlier. Jersey, pants and socks are all black. Numbers and striping is silver and also, we see the blackout helmet for the first time as well. I also pictured this with white pants as another option. Truthfully, I like the addition of white pants to the set and could be mixed elsewhere as well. The third you see is an all white look. As this seems to be becoming a new trend in the NFL, I also paired this set with the white helmet to match. Lastly, there is the white road jersey with the black pants.

CQN6rOT.png

Overall, I stayed pretty conservative on this look (as I think it should) and tried to stay true to the Raider heritage. Hopefully I did this team justice. C&C is appreciated as always! Thanks!

With the number in the stripe on the helmet, it appears that the stripe isn't wide enough to accommodate a 2-digit number.

Yeah, the numbers will be modified if it's a two digit.

Big fan of the Raiders set, especially the black helmet. I am a big fan of the silver numbers on the white set though, but what you did looks great.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you like it. I was thinking about the silver numbers on the white as well. I'm planning on doing one throwback uniform for each team when this series is complete and that is going to be my Raiders throwback.

15/32 -- Washington Redskins

Here is my take on the Washington Redskins. First noticeable change is the primary helmet. I've always liked the spear helmets of old so I made an updated version that matched their current color scheme. As I do with most of my concepts, I've also made 2 other helmet options. The maroon is practically identical to what they have now and then there is a white helmet with a maroon facemask. All helmets have a "W" on the front bumper representing Washington.

6dXpKf7.png

Home Set:

First up, we have the home set. The jersey color is primarily maroon. The numbers are white with a yellow outline. The sleeve design is a simple zig-zag type of deal, however if viewed from the side, forms a "W". Once again, another nod to the city. The team name is represented across the chest in yellow. I actually took a bit of a risk on the pants, but I feel it works pretty well. Each pant design has an enlarged feather that looks like it's attached to the hip. This was my very first idea for the pants. My second draft of the pant design was just a solid color with no design or striping. Then, I switched it to having the number on the hip. I really couldn't make up my mind and didn't like the second or third that much, so as they say, I went with my gut and my first design.

UjqCz6Z.png

Away Set:

For the away set, I've changed the pants color from their current yellow, back to maroon (just a personal preference). Numbers are maroon with a yellow outline. Also, the "W" is still a feature on the sleeves. Redskins also appears on the chest, but now in maroon.

aQydW2B.png

Alternate Combos:

I don't really have a true alternate jersey like I do for most teams, but it was just one of those things where some teams actually don't have alternates. The first combo is an all white look with the addition of white pants. The second has yellow pants, like their current away set. The last two are just combinations using the second and third helmets pictured from above for comparison just in case anyone is partial to their current lids with the striping.

WoA8Zjb.png

Thanks for checking these out. I'd love any feedback on how I could improve the look or just some comments on what you think in general!

It appears that your burgandys on the helmets/socks don't match the jersey/pants

Yeah, that was my mistake. I posted the wrong iteration. These were my first go about and then I darkened the colors. I've updated it now to the darker as it should be.

Did you think about putting the feather from the pants onto the helmet for an alt?

I actually didn't, however, I'll work on that when I have some time today. Thanks for the suggestion.

I love the pants but i'd flip the feathers so they face the other direction. And maybe use a different pattern on the sleeves like Florida State.

I was trying to differentiate from FSU as much as I could since I was putting the spear on the helmet, but let me see what I can do here.

16/32 -- Pittsburgh Steelers

Alright, so I've officially hit the halfway mark with the series. Here we have the Steelers. Pittsburgh has always had such a strong and classic brand. They're one of those teams that you really don't want to change too too much, so that being said, here's my attempt.

3 Helmet options as usual. The first is basically identical to what they currently wear. You'll notice that the number font has switched to a block font. The second helmet is a gunmetal steel color for an alternate set and lastly it's the classic retro with a gray facemask. Helmet remains virtually unchanged with the logo still only being on the right side.

hSxiWVl.png

Home Set:

Again, I really didn't change too much here. First noticeable difference is the font which is now a block style going back to the days of old. The sleeve striping stays classic. Helmet and pant striping stay solid as well. Another difference would be the stars on the side of the pants. Just a little bit of a modern touch that I think works nicely with the set. Also different is the removal of the logo on the front of the jersey. I think it was just too much and cluttered the look. White pants now become an option as well.

yHbw8aW.png

Away Set:

Here we have the away set which is an exact replica of the home, but in white. All elements still carry over from the home and you also see the all white "stormtrooper" option.

jVB7Rat.png

Alternate Sets:

Lastly, I have two alternate options. The first is an all gunmetal steel color paired with the steel alternate helmet. The second set is a tribute to their late 60's squad. I actually prefer these over their bumblebee look. However, I do know some folks that like that look and I will be adding those as their throwback at the end of the series.

i2FdA1r.png

17/32 -- New York Jets

A few changes for the Jets here. I've changed the primary helmet logo back to what they previously wore. Not sure how everyone else feels, but this is just a personal preference of mine. The helmet striping starts very wide in the front and comes to a point in the back stressing the sharp edges of the overall design. Also, since New York is such a well known and proud city, I wanted to represent that by putting "NY" right on the front, just above the bumper. Also noted that the facemask remains green. The second helmet is a secondary that's fairly plain with no striping and just their NY logo on the side.

RVu3L4c.png

Home Set:

The primary home set is green with white pants. There are a few different stylistic elements that I incorporated here. First off is the font. I've changed it from their current block style to a more sleek font. Also new is the collar design. It's just a simple sharp v shape to stress the sharpness of the design. I also really wanted to stress the jet streak found in the logo. I kept the double striping on the shoulders, but I added the "jet" on the inside stripe. The numbers are on the sleeves and in green. Keeping with consistency, you see the double striping on the pants as well. Another new element is the revival of the gray pants as an option. Lastly, double striping is placed on the socks as well.

g6gpiS9.png

Away Set:

The away set mimics the home as usual. I really think all 3 of the pant combos work for the road set, however, the green will be the primary away look. Noted on that set, the socks now change to white to break up the green pants.

qfVcIg1.png

Personally, I really don't care for the drop shadow. It doesn't fit with the 49ers. And yes, I know their logo has a drop shadow, but it doesn't fit with numbers. It just looks tacky to me, but then again, that's just me. And I'm a page late. Other than that, maybe use something other than the feather on the pants. Good idea, just it should have some type of placement instead of looking like it was kind of an afterthought.

:P

Ooooh, I see what you're trying to do for that Jets set but you're not quite there. I think you have to decide how the jet slash mark relates to its adjascent stripe. On the shoulders, the tail is on the outside, away from the extra stripe. on the pants the tail is up against the extra stripe.

Maybe put the jet facing forward on the jersey next to the sleeve cap on both home and away. For the pants, put the jet on the frontward stripe with the tail leaking onto the top of the thigh.

Regarding the helmets, both look great just move the NY on the first helmet from the front bumper to the rear.

I like the direction you're taking with the Jets, keeping the classic look but giving it a dimension of speed. I really don't like the gray pants though. As far as helmet goes, the top works the best. On the green set, I would ditch the white stripe between the white sleeve and jet stripe, and again thicken the jet stripe. On the white jersey, just thicken up that jet stripe to make it pop a little more. Part of it could be that the template seam lines muddy up the white a bit, so it may look better if those weren't there (nothing you can do about that). You're close, but it could use some tweaks. LOVE those green pants though. They are perfect.

Ooooh, I see what you're trying to do for that Jets set but you're not quite there. I think you have to decide how the jet slash mark relates to its adjascent stripe. On the shoulders, the tail is on the outside, away from the extra stripe. on the pants the tail is up against the extra stripe.

Maybe put the jet facing forward on the jersey next to the sleeve cap on both home and away. For the pants, put the jet on the frontward stripe with the tail leaking onto the top of the thigh.

Regarding the helmets, both look great just move the NY on the first helmet from the front bumper to the rear.

Sort of like this on the pants?cTB5gFe.png

I like the direction you're taking with the Jets, keeping the classic look but giving it a dimension of speed. I really don't like the gray pants though. As far as helmet goes, the top works the best. On the green set, I would ditch the white stripe between the white sleeve and jet stripe, and again thicken the jet stripe. On the white jersey, just thicken up that jet stripe to make it pop a little more. Part of it could be that the template seam lines muddy up the white a bit, so it may look better if those weren't there (nothing you can do about that). You're close, but it could use some tweaks. LOVE those green pants though. They are perfect.

Thanks, and yeah I know what the overall goal of the design is that I want, I'm just trying to figure out how to blend it all. Glad I got some comments on possible solutions. I'm going to work on this and see what I can come up with

Archived