2015 NFL Uni Re-Designs -- Series Complete -- Week 1 Matchups (added 7/14/15)

Philly's Phinest

Ooooh, I see what you're trying to do for that Jets set but you're not quite there. I think you have to decide how the jet slash mark relates to its adjascent stripe. On the shoulders, the tail is on the outside, away from the extra stripe. on the pants the tail is up against the extra stripe.

Maybe put the jet facing forward on the jersey next to the sleeve cap on both home and away. For the pants, put the jet on the frontward stripe with the tail leaking onto the top of the thigh.

Regarding the helmets, both look great just move the NY on the first helmet from the front bumper to the rear.

Sort of like this on the pants?cTB5gFe.png

Close. Extend both stripes all the way to the bottom. The bottom cuff should have the regular stripe and the point of the fin touching. Imagine that the traditional stripe is like the top end of the "S" on the logo. You could maybe truncate it slightly, angling it just like the "S."

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooh, I see what you're trying to do for that Jets set but you're not quite there. I think you have to decide how the jet slash mark relates to its adjascent stripe. On the shoulders, the tail is on the outside, away from the extra stripe. on the pants the tail is up against the extra stripe.

Maybe put the jet facing forward on the jersey next to the sleeve cap on both home and away. For the pants, put the jet on the frontward stripe with the tail leaking onto the top of the thigh.

Regarding the helmets, both look great just move the NY on the first helmet from the front bumper to the rear.

Sort of like this on the pants?cTB5gFe.png

Close. Extend both stripes all the way to the bottom. The bottom cuff should have the regular stripe and the point of the fin touching. Imagine that the traditional stripe is like the top end of the "S" on the logo. You could maybe truncate it slightly, angling it just like the "S."

I'll try this again lol...how about this?

BlGYGyf.png

How do i post photos

Alright so you have a few options. Basically what I do is fairly simple. First, sign up for a site such as imgur. Once you do that, you can post all of your saved work from your computer to there. Once you have them on the site, you simply copy and paste it into a thread.

I really thought about this one last night and played around with my design. I decided to switch gears a bit. I started to think that I was trying to use the jet stream on curved stripes while all along I wanted to focus on sharpness and rigidness. That being said, I switched up the striping a bit and I also made it so it matched the original pant design. The new striping starts at the edge of the sleeve and carries onto the chest pointing towards the Jets wordmark. I continued the striping onto the back of the jersey, but not too far to where it looks out of place.They can always be removed though. Let me know what you guys think about this one...

WECohP4.png

Its a good look. I like the new stripes. Are the helmet logos on different sides of the same helmet? Also, what name/number template are you using? I'm assuming based on your template you're using MS Paint.

Thanks. The logos are not different on each side. I was just showing the primary and alternate helmet...however, I actually kind of like that idea. Jersey, pants, and such are the MS Paint template that I found in the Paint User's Paradise thread. The fonts and numbers vary. Mostly all of them I use with a couple of exceptions come from Conrad's font templates. I save them into a paint file and re-size accordingly

18/32 -- Denver Broncos

Here we have the Denver Broncos. Denver has always had one of my favorite looks in the NFL. I loved the days of growing up watching John Elway, TD, and Shannon Sharpe. I'm not a big fan of their current orange set, however, I tried to do it some justice and make it a little less bright haha. With that being said, here we go.

3 helmet options for the Broncos. First is the main blue on blue. No change except for Denver is now written on the bumper in orange. Second is sort of a modern/retro for an alternate set. The only difference is that it utilizes the lighter blue used in the past. The last is a white helmet with a dark blue facemask. The 3 stripes are still present however alternating in color.

eIp2wsa.png

Home Set:

Some people may like the orange for the Broncos at home, however I decided to go back to the navy blue jerseys. This can always be changed depending on the comments I get. Jersey is predominantly the dark blue. Font is matched to that of the wordmark and is carried throughout the look. The numbers on the body are white with an orange outline and the tv numbers are blue with an orange outline. The striping used to come up from the side panels and onto the chest. For my new look, I've removed the side panels completely and have pushed the arc of the striping out onto the sleeve. The shape of the arc is similar to that of the neck muscles on the Bronco in the logo. It's carried from the sleeve to the collar creating a yoke above. The striping is carried to the back with a thin orange outline to separate the white from the blue. The NOB is a solid blue and in the wordmark font. The main pant set is white and utilizes the same striping as the helmet for consistency. Two sock options are available (orange and blue).

xUxinjZ.png

Away Set:

Nothing too different from the home here as white now is the primary with the blue pants. White on white look is also available. Striping still stays orange and the yoke now becomes the dark blue.

P1IJYD6.png

Alternate Set:

Even though I list this as the alternate set, I may consider it as the primary depending on how people receive it. Basically this is the same as the other two sets except it is predominantly orange. Striping becomes dark blue with a white yoke.

t1NUaoT.png

Modern/Retro Set:

Last but not least...for those of you who would like to see what this set would look like with throwback colors, here you go. Not too sure how I feel about this one as I think it has more of a Boise State feel as opposed to Denver Broncos. Either way, that is that and C&C is always appreciated. Thanks for all of the comments along the way of this series and I hope you're all enjoying what I have to share.

9ExK3vg.png

Fortune favors the bold and you sir are bold. Great design for the Broncos. I like ideas that are outside the box without overloading.

Thanks a lot! That's my goal with all of my designs (for the most part).

Bills are on deck if anyone is interested

19/32 -- Buffalo Bills

Second concept of the day. I've worked on this one on and off for quite some time trying to get it to where I liked everything. I wanted to keep the Bills very traditional and not go too crazy on them. They're such a classic team so I wanted to give them that sort of look. Helmet is predominantly white with a blue facemask. Also noted is the shade of red and blue. Both are a hint lighter than what Buffalo currently uses. And lastly, the Bills wordmark can be found in red on the bumper.

xp0U8JE.png

Home Set:

The home unis are primarily blue. Sleeve striping is off balance with white being the top color followed by blue, red, blue. Numbers are white with a red outline. The NOB and wordmark on the chest are both solid white. I've only added one pant option at home for the Bills and that is white. If I added the monochrome blue look, it would be a disaster. If I added red pants, I feel like it would look like they should be a part of the circus. That being said, classic white. Also, I chose to go with just an enlarged logo on the hip with no striping. Keeps it classy and in line with no stripe on the helmet.

qUbvakf.png

Away Set:

The away set actually does have blue pants as an option, but however is not the primary look. White on white is the primary for the road unis. Again, I really wanted a clean, simple look here. The blue pants feature the logo in white as opposed to blue. I didn't want to use an outline on the logo as I wanted to keep it very simple and consistent with the overall look. Numbers are now blue with a red outline. The NOB is solid blue while the wordmark on the chest is red.

tVtvQLE.png

13/32 -- San Francisco 49ers

Next up is the 49ers. Not too much change here. Just a few subtle and modern elements. As with previous concepts, I've made 3 helmet concepts. One gold, one black and one white. Striping is different on each.

dahWlHU.png

Home Set:

Alright so for starters, the primary color is red with the pants being gold. Helmet is basically unchanged as is the sleeve striping. The only difference is that I moved the stripes up to fix the current problem they have now where some are not visible. The biggest different is the number style. I originally started with just the drop shadow, but then I added in the gold outline. I feel like it's a modern take on their late 90's unis. Also shown is the set with white pants as another option.

a0e4ECU.png

Away Set:

Very much like the home set, except white becomes the primary.

OtYcsx8.png

Alternate Set:

I'm not the biggest fan of the Niners wearing all black, but here's my take. Striping is still the same except the middle stripe becomes gold on the sleeve. The pants are black with only the logo on the hip, nothing else. The helmet is primarily black as well without a stripe to match the pants. Numbers are similar to the other sets, except I removed the outline. I really wanted that minimalistic sort of look.

zMWKIGT.png

C&C Appreciated! Let me know what you think!

I feel like this design kind of got glossed over. IMO the black has always been out of place. I know they just introduced black alts to make matters worse, but would you consider ditching the black elements and making a gold alt?

I would also consider a slightly thicker number font.

I'm not a Niners fan or anything, but I have always thought that these uniforms have so much potential.

13/32 -- San Francisco 49ers

Next up is the 49ers. Not too much change here. Just a few subtle and modern elements. As with previous concepts, I've made 3 helmet concepts. One gold, one black and one white. Striping is different on each.

dahWlHU.png

Home Set:

Alright so for starters, the primary color is red with the pants being gold. Helmet is basically unchanged as is the sleeve striping. The only difference is that I moved the stripes up to fix the current problem they have now where some are not visible. The biggest different is the number style. I originally started with just the drop shadow, but then I added in the gold outline. I feel like it's a modern take on their late 90's unis. Also shown is the set with white pants as another option.

a0e4ECU.png

Away Set:

Very much like the home set, except white becomes the primary.

OtYcsx8.png

Alternate Set:

I'm not the biggest fan of the Niners wearing all black, but here's my take. Striping is still the same except the middle stripe becomes gold on the sleeve. The pants are black with only the logo on the hip, nothing else. The helmet is primarily black as well without a stripe to match the pants. Numbers are similar to the other sets, except I removed the outline. I really wanted that minimalistic sort of look.

zMWKIGT.png

C&C Appreciated! Let me know what you think!

I feel like this design kind of got glossed over. IMO the black has always been out of place. I know they just introduced black alts to make matters worse, but would you consider ditching the black elements and making a gold alt?

I would also consider a slightly thicker number font.

I'm not a Niners fan or anything, but I have always thought that these uniforms have so much potential.

I'm always open to anything. I'll give it a whirl and see how it turns out. Only reason I did the black was because I was trying to give my take on what they should have done

20/32 -- Carolina Panthers

I wanted to really evoke a fast and sleek look for the panthers. I love their color scheme and new font set. That being said, that played a big part of my inspiration for this set. 3 helmet options here with a black on black being the primary. Striping stays the same as their current helmets with the two stripes down the center. "Carolina" is now featured across all of the bumpers. Alternate helmets include both white and a silver.

r1ZCEbX.png

Home Set:

I've chosen to go with a black jersey as the primary for the Panthers home set. The sleeve striping is inspired by the "A" in the wordmark and also the whiskers in the panther logo. Numbers are white with a blue outline and the NOB is solid white. Also noted is the pants. Only two options of white and black with white being the primary look here. I've eliminated the silver pants and only used the silver as an accent color.

4mYosy4.png

Away Set:

As always, the away set is pretty much a mirror image of the home set. The primary look here will be the white jersey with black pants. The white pants are an option as well as I've been carrying that look throughout all of my away designs. Numbers are black with a blue outline and the NOB is solid black.

SjUL3Fl.png

Alternate Set:

Here is the blue alternate with everything still consistent with the home and away looks. White and black pants are the options. Personally I think both go really well so they could wear either interchangeably.

zzOAcVc.png

Blackout Alternate:

Lastly I made a blackout alternate set. I'm not too sure how this would translate to TV as I think the numbers may get lost. However I still wanted to post this. I think they would be great for marketing and fan jersey sales...kind of like the NHL smoked out jerseys.

9IOqD5B.png

Overall, this was one of my favorite designs I've done so far in the series. Hope you all enjoy as well! C&C always greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Archived