Padres #bringbackthebrown concept

Ray Lankford

This is the first concept that I've posted on here, though I have been honing my Paint and Gimp-reliant craft for a while now.

Here I'm presenting the first of a six part (it's 2015, after all) series for the Padres, returning them to their brown glory. I've combined bits and pieces of each era in what I hope is a modern package. I'm only positing the home jerseys now because I want to get some notes before moving on to the rest, so any CC is greatly appreciated.

bringbackthebrownhomeconcept.png

And to give credit, I'm using a template from the "Paint users paradise" thread.

A little bit behind my thought process - Padres fans (or at least the "vocal minority") agree that they want the team to return to brown but can't really find a consensus on which era they prefer. There are four major brown looks (the original, the Winfields, the 84s and the pinstripes) and they all have their fans so I didn't want to lean too heavily in one direction. I also want to keep the orange limited just because that color is strongly associated with the Giants in San Diego and the Padres have enough trouble fending off Giants fans as is.

The orange numbers stick out too much, especially because their's no orange anywhere else on the jersey. Maybe if you outline the Padres script in orange, it will help.

Agree.

The orange numbers on front remind me of the Dodgers jersey--probably not what a division rival wants. Make them brown, and it's a good concept; I like the script.

award%20sig.png

As a die hard Padres fan, I hate the brown and yellow! I get it's part of the clubs history but my favorite color scheme of theirs was the blue and orange pinstripe uniforms. They were classic, clean and cool plus it was part of the club's best seasons in franchise history. If they drop the sand and exchange it for orange, the current uniforms would look a lot better! Especially the blue one, exchange the white piping for orange piping and it would look so cool!

I feel like this would look best if you take the last concept you posted, and ditch the orange altogether. I think the orange looks very forced.

Maybe reserve the orange trim for an alternate? I've always felt that alternate jerseys are good for cramming in an extra color, but that primary (white) jerseys should be simple and clean, and not look forced.

I feel like your edit of the uniform is much better than the original. The orange numbers felt a bit unnecessary on the uniform. Granted, I still feel like that the orange is a little unnecessary since there is no other orange other than the sleeve trim. I'm interested to see how this series goes.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Archived