Padres #bringbackthebrown concept

Ray Lankford

I feel like this would look best if you take the last concept you posted, and ditch the orange altogether. I think the orange looks very forced.

Maybe reserve the orange trim for an alternate? I've always felt that alternate jerseys are good for cramming in an extra color, but that primary (white) jerseys should be simple and clean, and not look forced.

I think you're right. I looked around the league to see how other teams incorporated third colors but outside of a bunch of gold/yellow/tan trim, no one really has a third color. So with that in mind, I'm saving the orange for alternate jerseys and going with this as the main look:

bbtbhomedraft3.png

Road jersey to follow.

Actually, before I get to the road jersey, here's what I'm calling the Friday night alt. There's a lot of love in Padresville for the late 80s pinstripes, particularly the roads with the SD on the chest, so I've tweaked them and brought them back as an alternate jersey.

bbtbfridayalt.png

(I didn't do the back but it's pretty straightforward.)

And removing the orange from the home jerseys helped with these, because there was no way to include orange without looking even more arbitrary.

And now, the thrilling conclusion.

First, the road jersey. It's pretty straight forward - same color scheme, font and hat as the home jersey:

newhotnessroad.png

Next, the main alternate jersey. Here's where I'm putting the orange, doing something of a modern spin on the 84 era road jerseys. I've also brought back the bell hat:

NEWHOTNESSALT.png

And finally, the batting practice jerseys. Again, I've looked to the 84 era look for inspiration and basically ripped off their BP jersey. I've also put the Friar (the Cherub Friar, who I prefer to the old/new one) on the hat, since it's a BP hat and it's not so gauche there:

newhotnessbp.png

Archived