In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

Well, I believe we can say "case closed" on whether Dellavedova is a dirty player, now. He is. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/did-matthew-dellavedova-take-a-cheap-shot-at-draymond-greens-knees

When something happens in four different occasions in roughly a 4-5 week span, it's called a trend. If he keeps this up, some player is eventually going to retaliate and slam this pissant to the ground.

Please, that wasn't dirty at all. Green flopped.

Are we ignoring the shoulder shiver that Green gave Delly? In the Taj Gibson, Al Horford, and Draymund Green plays... Delly was retaliatory (I am omitting the Korver play, because it was a freak accident and nothing dirty about it). People only post the end of the gifs with Delly giving it back to the guys who just seconds before, drag him down, push him in the back, or give him a cheap shot. It reminds me of our political system - pick and choose what helps you, discredit anything to the contrary.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every team has them. Even Cleveland. As much as Joakim Noah annoys me, you don't throw beer and food at him or Taj Gibson when they're kicked out of the game. I'm sure expecting things to go her way played a part. I've had the same issue with soccer coaches on the other teams we play against. Not throwing stuff fortunately, just the swearing and puffing the chest at my players.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What Cleveland is doing against Golden State is effectively the guy who always blocks attacks in Street Fighter against the guy that knows every technical and super, then proceeds to only use grapples. It's annoying as hell but it's honestly the only way that you can beat someone like that. They're looking for an opening and if you don't give one, then you have a shot. And these guys are doing exactly that.

One of the more perplexing Finals I've ever seen.

GR30a5H.png

The shame is that if Golden State wins, how will this be remembered for LeBron in 10 years? That he did not get it done. And that's it.

Yeah and that sucks. I blame First Take. We live in Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith's world now where either you win it all and you're elite and you're on the Mount Rushmore of ____________ or you're human garbage wasting all of our time. There's no space for appreciating performances like this one from James.

I find it so funny that Skip so often talks about the legacies of certain athletes when he's tarnished his own so beyond repair.

Let's not pretend like Skip actually has a legacy to begin with. Nobody will remember that clown when he retires.

Before he became a clown on ESPN, Bayless was actually a pretty damn good journalist and well-respected writer in Dallas. For those of us that knew Bayless before his ESPN days, many are so disappointed at what he's become because of what he was before.

I think it's worse that he was actually once a respected journalist and has chosen to become what he's turned into. It's like an accomplished chef choosing to work at TGI Friday's yet still barking about what an accomplished chef he is. Skip will have a legacy when he retires, but it'll be that he helped set sports discussion back 20 years.

When Darrell Revis signed his contract this offseason with the Jets Bayless tweeted "Revis chose money over legacy" which is an absurd stance to take to begin with, but also because Skip Bayless is very much choosing money over legacy himself.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The shame is that if Golden State wins, how will this be remembered for LeBron in 10 years? That he did not get it done. And that's it.

Yeah and that sucks. I blame First Take. We live in Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith's world now where either you win it all and you're elite and you're on the Mount Rushmore of ____________ or you're human garbage wasting all of our time. There's no space for appreciating performances like this one from James.

I find it so funny that Skip so often talks about the legacies of certain athletes when he's tarnished his own so beyond repair.

Let's not pretend like Skip actually has a legacy to begin with. Nobody will remember that clown when he retires.

Before he became a clown on ESPN, Bayless was actually a pretty damn good journalist and well-respected writer in Dallas. For those of us that knew Bayless before his ESPN days, many are so disappointed at what he's become because of what he was before.

I think it's worse that he was actually once a respected journalist and has chosen to become what he's turned into. It's like an accomplished chef choosing to work at TGI Friday's yet still barking about what an accomplished chef he is. Skip will have a legacy when he retires, but it'll be that he helped set sports discussion back 20 years.

When Darrell Revis signed his contract this offseason with the Jets Bayless tweeted "Revis chose money over legacy" which is an absurd stance to take to begin with, but also because Skip Bayless is very much choosing money over legacy himself.

Cooking references with Skip are poor since his brother is Rick Bayless, of Frontera Grill and PBS fame.

Cooking references with Skip are poor since his brother is Rick Bayless, of Frontera Grill and PBS fame.

I'd argue that makes it a more appropriate analogy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Warriors fans will all cringe.

Wife material

What Cleveland is doing against Golden State is effectively the guy who always blocks attacks in Street Fighter against the guy that knows every technical and super, then proceeds to only use grapples.

B)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That 1st quarter exemplified what I hate about the NBA. Inconsistent officiating in that they're now calling fouls that they weren't just last game, and then seeing players (mainly LeBron) flop more extravagantly in an attempt to get fouls called.

The officiating needs to be consistent every game.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

That 1st quarter exemplified what I hate about the NBA. Inconsistent officiating in that they're now calling fouls that they weren't just last game, and then seeing players (mainly LeBron) flop more extravagantly in an attempt to get fouls called.

It's been rough this game, but not as rough as Cleveland's shooting. Yikes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They could accomplish this by using the same crew for every game. But, as others have pointed out, certain crews/refs have tendencies that unfairly and consistently benefit home teams, road teams, or even particular teams.

EDIT: Welp. The NBA's placement of photographers might be about to change. Was that blood on LeBron's hand?

PJU85JF.png

They could accomplish this by using the same crew for every game. As others have pointed out, certain crews/refs have tendencies that unfairly and consistently benefit home teams, road teams, or even particular teams.

EDIT: Welp. The NBA's placement of photographers might be about the change. Was that blood on LeBron's hand?

Yep. I love Cleveland rent-a-cops telling TV cameras "no cameras." Why do they think everyone's in the damn building?

I also liked "it is your fault" guy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived