In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shame is that if Golden State wins, how will this be remembered for LeBron in 10 years? That he did not get it done. And that's it.

Yeah and that sucks. I blame First Take. We live in Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith's world now where either you win it all and you're elite and you're on the Mount Rushmore of ____________ or you're human garbage wasting all of our time. There's no space for appreciating performances like this one from James.

I find it so funny that Skip so often talks about the legacies of certain athletes when he's tarnished his own so beyond repair.

Let's not pretend like Skip actually has a legacy to begin with. Nobody will remember that clown when he retires.

Before he became a clown on ESPN, Bayless was actually a pretty damn good journalist and well-respected writer in Dallas. For those of us that knew Bayless before his ESPN days, many are so disappointed at what he's become because of what he was before.

Didn't he spread fake gay rumors about Troy Aikman to sell a book during his time in Dallas?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Looks like all those columns that said the Cavs would be tired were right. The Cavs look tired.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The five the Cavaliers put out to start the fourth with LeBron on the bench was just one awful, awful lineup. There can't be too many rotations in Finals history worse than that one, can there be? Maybe the Sixers when Iverson was on the bench?

IUe6Hvh.png

The five the Cavaliers put out to start the fourth with LeBron on the bench was just one awful, awful lineup. There can't be too many rotations in Finals history worse than that one, can there be? Maybe the Sixers when Iverson was on the bench?

Third-worst supporting cast (since 1985). Only ones worse were the 2007 Cavs and the 1999 Knicks. (Iverson's Sixers were 54th out of 62).

PJU85JF.png

1999 Knicks? That's interesting. Other than Grandmama (who they consider the one with the supporting cast), I know they had Ewing, who was old but he was still capable, wasn't he? Sprewell, Allan Houston. It doesn't sound terrible, but I was young and I'm not sure where they all were at with their careers.

I just know having Delly, JR Smith, James Jones, Mozgov, and Shumpert out there was pretty terrible. I'm not sure where you're expecting the offense to come from unless Smith gets into one of his grooves. And then you've got James Jones on the other end defending Curry or Thompson, which was a complete mess.

IUe6Hvh.png

Methinks it might be time to take Steph Curry off the MISSING milk carton and replace him with JR Smith.

You can't even like something without hating something else. Yours is a feal gift.

EDIT: Ewing was injured in the 99 playoffs, so he missed the Finals.

Iirc, their starting five was some combo of Chris Childs, Charlie Ward, Alan Houston, Sprewell, and Larry Johnson. Marcus Camby and Chris Dudley were around there too.

However, people weren't quite ready for how good Duncan was yet.

It was a 5-game series, but a little more competitive than you'd think.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Methinks it might be time to take Steph Curry off the MISSING milk carton and replace him with JR Smith.

You can't even like something without hating something else. Yours is a feal gift.

EDIT: Ewing was injured in the 99 playoffs, so he missed the Finals.

Iirc, their starting five was some combo of Chris Childs, Charlie Ward, Alan Houston, Sprewell, and Larry Johnson. Marcus Camby and Chris Dudley were around there too.

However, people weren't quite ready for how good Duncan was yet.

It was a 5-game series, but a little more competitive than you'd think.

Oh, that makes sense. I just remember Ewing retired in the early 00's, so I assumed he was around and healthy for the Finals run.

I really only remember one thing from that years playoffs (aside from the image of Larry Johnson doing the celebration he did with his arms) and that was Sean Elliott hitting a game winner vs. Portland. Which I just looked up and was reminded of the Spurs court back then, which was great.

IUe6Hvh.png

That camera lens shaped gash in LeBron's head was nasty, and the glue job was even worse. They really couldn't afford to just let him sit a minute could they? Geez.

Did you see the start of the fourth? Nope, they couldn't.

Seeing LeBron's penis was a bit odd. It kind of looked like Joey Crawford in penis form, but then again what penis doesn't?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Third-worst supporting cast (since 1985). Only ones worse were the 2007 Cavs and the 1999 Knicks. (Iverson's Sixers were 54th out of 62).

I have a hard time believing any team was worse than the 2007 Cavs. We are talking Eric Snow, Ira Newble, Daniele Gibson, Damon Jones, Donyelle Marshall, Scott Pollard, and Sasha Pavlovich. The only players worth anything worth Ilgauskas, Gooden, Larry Hughes, and Anderson Varejao - and those guys have varying degrees of "worth anything."

I have a hard time believing any team was worse than the 2007 Cavs. We are talking Eric Snow, Ira Newble, Daniele Gibson, Damon Jones, Donyelle Marshall, Scott Pollard, and Sasha Pavlovich. The only players worth anything worth Ilgauskas, Gooden, Larry Hughes, and Anderson Varejao - and those guys have varying degrees of "worth anything."

198b968cebd2ed226d5fc6ba7d620bf53e8059c4

sig.png

The ABC censors did not have a good night. I did not see the aforementioned flash, but Twitter was all over it. I'll pass on that replay, thanks.

Then when LeBron jumped into the cameraman for dramatic effect, some guy on the sideline cussed the cameraman out in close mic range, and the censor was late on the button.

Then -- for the first time I can remember -- they tried to mute the bullsh#% crowd chant... and missed every one.

Steve Kerr needs to be appreciated for lying to the media about starting Bogut.

Credit: CBS Sports

"We made the decision this morning. When I was asked today — I think Tim Kawakami [of the San Jose Mercury News] asked me if Bogut was starting — I lied.

No, I did. I mean, I lied. I figured I have two press conferences on the day of the game, so I'm asked a lot of strategic questions, so my options were tell the truth — and I was asked both at shootaround before the game — so if I tell the truth it's the equivalent of me knocking on David Blatt's door and saying, ‘Hey, this is what we're going to do.'

I could evade the question which would start this Twitter phenomenon: ‘Who's going to start for the Warriors?' Or I could lie. So I lied. Sorry. But I don't think they hand you the trophy based on morality. They give it to you if you win. So, sorry about that."

Archived