In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

Even in a series loss, this should be lauded as one of the best personal finals performances in a long time. If the Cavs come back and win, it will go down in history as probably the best individual performance ever.

I don't think the idea of the Cavs winning this series is really even occurring to anyone by now. Either way, though, it's been incredible. And if I am a Cavs fan, I really am thinking about what may have been if not for the injuries.

This is Cleveland... all we think about is the "what ifs".

I can't help but dream of what the Cavs could have accomplished with Love and Irving. Who knows if the Cavs, or any other Cleveland team, will be that close to a championship ever again. As far as I'm concerned the Warriors have already won the series. I felt like it was over after game 4.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And look who is working tonight...

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Scott Foster

Road teams have won his last 11 games.

See, this is a fact/stat that really shouldn't be worth anything. But, thanks to Donaghy, NBA refs now have win/loss stats and the number of fouls they call per game seemingly readily available....in addition to the cloud of doubt of officiating legitimacy that hangs over the NBA....

And look who is working tonight...

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Scott Foster

Road teams have won his last 11 games.

See, this is a fact/stat that really shouldn't be worth anything. But, thanks to Donaghy, NBA refs now have win/loss stats and the number of fouls they call per game seemingly readily available....in addition to the cloud of doubt of officiating legitimacy that hangs over the NBA....
Those stats are readily available since bettors post them on sites like covers.com.

Plus, one of the few items which Adam Silver actually talks about following his banning of Donald Sterling has been gambling, including his NYT op-ed on gambling in November.

If LBJ keeps playing the way he has so far and if the Cavs manage to take this thing 7 games but lose, I think you gotta give him the MVP. Let's be honest here, it's kind of a miracle that this Cavs team has managed to win two games in this series. Curry has been pretty good but at no point has he dominated in this series. Just my opinion, but right now I think Iguodala is the Warriors MVP.

If LeBron had drove for the basket instead of shooting it, they'd have been 3-0. That's INSANE. And it would've had the curious implication of Irving potentially not getting injured in overtime and him in fact still being in this series.

That seems like a silly way to phrase it. He drove in Game 2 and it rimmed out. If he hit that jumper, or if Shump had hit the follow up, the Cavs would have been up 1-0 and we have no way of knowing how GS would have responded in the following games.

Unfortunately for the Warriors if they win the title, ESPN and most sports news outlets will treat it as an afterthought after only a few days. On the other hand if Cleveland wins it will be talked about most likely all the way until next season starts. More storylines for the Cavs I suppose. The Warriors are not the Lakers and that's the problem. I'm looking at you ESPN.

Unfortunately for the Warriors if they win the title, ESPN and most sports news outlets will treat it as an afterthought after only a few days. On the other hand if Cleveland wins it will be talked about most likely all the way until next season starts. More storylines for the Cavs I suppose. The Warriors are not the Lakers and that's the problem. I'm looking at you ESPN.

And it's not even a small-market team for crying out loud! You're talking about a team that, with this championship, will be able to capitalize on the 6th largest television market in the nation (and one that's loaded with venture capitalists that have nothing better to do than spend money on the newest, shiniest thing).

East Coast bias can stuff it (and yes, Cleveland isn't on the East Coast but it seems to have gotten the benefit of the doubt that many Eastern teams have).

GR30a5H.png

Is ESPN the only sports media outlet you're allowed to view?

If LBJ keeps playing the way he has so far and if the Cavs manage to take this thing 7 games but lose, I think you gotta give him the MVP. Let's be honest here, it's kind of a miracle that this Cavs team has managed to win two games in this series. Curry has been pretty good but at no point has he dominated in this series. Just my opinion, but right now I think Iguodala is the Warriors MVP.

If LeBron had drove for the basket instead of shooting it, they'd have been 3-0. That's INSANE. And it would've had the curious implication of Irving potentially not getting injured in overtime and him in fact still being in this series.

Considering the way Kyrie went down, I think it would've happened regardless. No contact and no weird cut or anything like that. The knee just went out. If not that game, it may have been the next unfortunately.

No, it didn't. Klay hit him with his.

Please show the video where your "boy" got hit by Klay's knee. Speaking of your boys... how are the Cavs feeling tonight? How was team dinner last night? What did you guys have?

I am 99% certain it was a non-contact injury. If there was contact, it was minimal at best... not enough to cause a fractured knee cap.

https://youtu.be/N2pgrulqvvU

I'm sure you could've done this yourself.

And for you to settle down with your obsession with my "boys", here's a previous reply to you of mine that you seem to have missed:

I was congratulating my fellow fans, you know, you among them, actually. Because, ya know... the Cavs' players follow these forums.

I love that you're complaining about media reaction that hasn't happened yet to a title your team didn't win.

The Warriors have been the story of the season. Steph Curry was the league's MVP. I'm not sure what more you want.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You're kidding, right? ESPN has been riding the Warriors hype-train 24/7 all season long.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Maybe not. LeBron's peak is running out. They need to jump on the next guy. Curry will do.

Bold choice by the Cavs to wear the white uniform.

Let's see if this strategy works.

Finally. They've chosen their ugliest sets all Finals.

PJU85JF.png

I love that you're complaining about media reaction that hasn't happened yet to a title your team didn't win.

The Warriors have been the story of the season. Steph Curry was the league's MVP. I'm not sure what more you want.

I said if not when. I'm sorry you lost your Sonics and you're still mad that Seattle didn't steal the Kings but have a nice day.

You're kidding, right? ESPN has been riding the Warriors hype-train 24/7 all season long.
Huh? ESPN out west is pretty much Clipper nation.

The white looks a lot better for Cleveland.

Got to love NBA officiating. A player sets an illegal screen, flops on the contact, and they call a foul on the other guy.

Also... just be happy your team is in a position to win the Finals. Who gives a crap how much of a story you think it will be perceived to be? I never understood that mindset.

IUe6Hvh.png

I said if not when. I'm sorry you lost your Sonics and you're still mad that Seattle didn't steal the Kings but have a nice day.

You get to choose what kind of sport fan to be. The angry one is never a good look for anyone.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived