In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

Hacking DeAndre has had mixed results for Pop, and I'm almost getting sympathetic watching him.

However, he really should work on his free throws. Eventually people stopped fouling Shaq.

While it's not super fun to watch, you have to appreciate Pop sticking to his plan. There's a Belichik comparison out there, except I think Popovich is 100% above board and only out to exploit fair advantages.

EDIT: Finally someone puts Blake on his ass.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing game in Los Angeles tonight, and a terrible loss for the Clippers. Blake has been coming up huge, but San Antonio is winning with a combination of luck and experience. That's going to hurt for a while.

I feel like this series has been a west coast special. I can't imagine staying up until 2 in the morning on the east coast to watch this game. Sorry suckers!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't know what just happened there. Heartbreaking.

Yeah....I've been harsh on the Clips, but that was a brutal way to lose a game -- the worst loss I've seen since the Super Bowl. We've been really lucky to see this series as basketball fans, but both of these teams are too good for one of them to have to leave in the first round.

EDIT: Which is more likely: Ballmer gives Jordan 5 years/$120 million, or Chris Paul kills him first?

I don't know what just happened there. Heartbreaking.

Yeah....I've been harsh on the Clips, but that was a brutal way to lose a game -- the worst loss I've seen since the Super Bowl. We've been really lucky to see this series as basketball fans, but both of these teams are too good for one of them to have to leave in the first round.

EDIT: Which is more likely: Ballmer gives Jordan 5 years/$120 million, or Chris Paul kills him first?

Yeah this is pretty brutal. I've looked at that replay 4 times now and the ball looks like it's above the rim, but not touching it which isn't interference. Maybe my homer goggles are foggy.

This series deserves a seventh game.

It just wouldn't feel right if basketball interference effectively decides this series.

It's just so sickeningly predictable- the Spurs always winning these games.

Man, the NBA was more fun and unpredictable when the Spurs were chokers instead of Conquering Unbeatable Clutch Champions.

Guessing that intern was fired, based on subsequent apologetic tweets.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There wasn't a team in these playoffs that I straightforward disliked, but the Rockets just might've put a target on their back to me:

Rockets.0.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/12783830/houston-rockets-apologize-dallas-mavericks-harsh-tweet

Maybe I'm an ass, but I don't see an issue with this. I get there is tension with gun violence in America... but I just don't see this as so incredibly offensive. As long as it wasn't a gun to someone's head...

I didn't realize we were so sensitive. Would it have been as bad if the series was flipped and the Mavericks posted a rocket ship with an explosion after it? I actually laughed a little when I saw that tweet. Probably not something an NBA franchise wants to broadcast to everyone, but I'm not sure it should have caused a sh!t-storm.

There wasn't a team in these playoffs that I straightforward disliked, but the Rockets just might've put a target on their back to me:

Rockets.0.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/12783830/houston-rockets-apologize-dallas-mavericks-harsh-tweet

Maybe I'm an ass, but I don't see an issue with this. I get there is tension with gun violence in America... but I just don't see this as so incredibly offensive. As long as it wasn't a gun to someone's head...

I didn't realize we were so sensitive. Would it have been as bad if the series was flipped and the Mavericks posted a rocket ship with an explosion after it? I actually laughed a little when I saw that tweet. Probably not something an NBA franchise wants to broadcast to everyone, but I'm not sure it should have caused a :censored:-storm.

The gun is just part of it. The tweet is very cocky and classless.

I didn't realize we were so sensitive. Would it have been as bad if the series was flipped and the Mavericks posted a rocket ship with an explosion after it? I actually laughed a little when I saw that tweet. Probably not something an NBA franchise wants to broadcast to everyone, but I'm not sure it should have caused a :censored:-storm.

Yes. I get that players talk trash on the floor. But organizations should not do that. It probably was an over-zealous intern but to the viewers it looks like the Rockets front office is taunting. Not professional.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Rockets.0.jpg

Yes. I get that players talk trash on the floor. But organizations should not do that. It probably was an over-zealous intern but to the viewers it looks like the Rockets front office is taunting. Not professional.

Yeah, but it was clearly done as a joke... they were using emoticons or emojis or whatever. I just don't see why its so egregious. Its sports, they are playing a "child's game" so why not have some childish fun with it? Its not like they made reference to people's families or they took jabs at specific players. Had the Celtics tweeted something with like an arm and a popping symbol and captioned it like "Can't raise your swords (Cavs logo) today!" I think that would be a little different because you are talking about a bush league play, where you injured a player.

It was in Texas, against 2 Texas teams, where Texas was known for cowboys, and in the past, they would shoot horse in the head to put them out of their misery or when they were on the verge of dying to end the suffering. I don't know. I still think it was funny.

That tweet is perfect, why apologize for it? Mark Cuban took shots at the Rockets before the series started, and now he looks like a complete dork for it because they knocked out his team in 5 games. I think Cubey-poo can handle having his own :censored: thrown back in his face (or maybe he can't, since he's an insufferable twit).

Remember when drumming up interest in the league took precedence over "looking professional"? I do.

Have we been wussified that much?

Seriously its just sports nothing life of death its one team mocking a rival on twitter, isn't that what twitter is for?

Besides this is Texas guns don't offend people there and Mavs fans just need a thicker skin if they are offended, and if Mark Cuban complains which I dont think he will than he will look like a hyporcit because he can dish it out as good as anyone.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That tweet was arrogant, classless, and great. I don't usually watch much basketball until after the All Star break, but you can bet I will be tuned in every single time these two teams play next year.

I'm definitely rooting for the Clips to knock off the Spurs now. I can't imagine Gregg Popovich cares at all about something on the team's twitter account, the Spurs will play whoever they play the same way ten times out of ten. But if the arrogance from the tweet can translate to the court, plus more cocky stuff like Jason Terry wearing all black to the Mavs' funeral, and that goes against the Clippers? Throw Chris Paul into that mix and Rockets/Clips becomes a great, competitive, chippy, seven game series. Throw the Spurs in there and it's not nearly as much fun, from a spectator's viewpoint.

Archived