Soccer sigs- starting with MLS

ablecain

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First I want to say thank you to everyone for all of the kind words and feedback! Also, I'm very open to critiques and any other thoughts/ideas you may have, so feel free to let me know if you have anything to add. I played around with some of these designs A LOT and I'm still not 100% satisfied with some of them, so there will definitely be some updates coming down the line.

Okay, so first off we have Columbus. This one shows up differently on certain monitors- on my laptop the checker pattern is fairly pronounced but on my work computer, you can't see the pattern at all. Also, it was tough finding a way to simplify their new home crest in a way that looked somewhat appealing. I even experimented with using the hardhat dudes from the club's old crest, but I scrapped that one pretty quick.

AChvO6V.png

Next up is Seattle. The left side of the sig is based on the club's old wordmark/crest, and the right side uses that cross-hatch stripe that they've used on some of their recent kits, although on the shirts it has been a vertical stripe. I'm probably going to mess with this one some more because I'd like there to be more blue. Anyway, let me know what you all think.

sfPNE3B.png

And the last one I have for now is Kansas City. There were a lot of options for this one because KC has used a lot of different designs and patterns over the years, but I really struggled to make them look attractive. In particular I wanted to use the checker pattern that's on their current home shirt, but it never looked right. I'll keep playing with it, and in the mean time, comments and criticisms are welcome as always.

pE42aCh.png

I'm gonna work on some requests next, so Liverpool, Philadelphia, Bayern and New England are next on the slate. Again, thanks so much for all the kind words and ideas!

kGFTWyb.png

I had one or two Liverpool requests so here's what I put together. I might have to make some changes to the shades of red and yellow, but first I'd like to know what y'all think. The red side is based on next year's home kit, and I figured I'd use pin stripes for the grey portion as an homage to Liverpool's classic pin striped kits from the 80s. Or was it the 70's?

AyO4Umk.png

kGFTWyb.png

I like the way you've used next years kit for the Liverpool one. I agree that the gold colour could be a more yellow shade, and maybe have a little less contrast in the red pattern?

The pinstripes were definitely a prominent feature in the 80s, although our last Adidas away kit was charcoal with silver pinstripes too!

I had one or two Liverpool requests so here's what I put together. I might have to make some changes to the shades of red and yellow, but first I'd like to know what y'all think. The red side is based on next year's home kit, and I figured I'd use pin stripes for the grey portion as an homage to Liverpool's classic pin striped kits from the 80s. Or was it the 70's?

AyO4Umk.png

I dig it!

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

Not really a fan of the Crew logo used. I know you were going for simple, and all of their logos are fairly complex. The only suggestion I'd have is ditch the logo and just use the new Columbus Crew SC wordmark.

Also, if you are doing EPL, I'd love to see Tottenham.

Ā 

spacer.png

Balo's goal was NOT offside...

Cry me a river. ;)

I'm not crying, instead I just want to point out the fact, that rarely anyone is talking about. Around the last 5 minutes of the game, Balo got a through ball which he shot directly in the net. The Assistant Ref, called him offside, which was a complete horrible decision. Since he wasn't.

Yes I'm disappointed, because my team played horribly and should of won with ease, but that's soccer. It's intense and mistakes happen which make it even crazier, which is why I love watching it.

EDIT: As for Liverpool I think it looks good. The Red side, I like it, but also don't since I hate what Warrior is putting out, and next year's chequered is like our rival's old United jersey, but it seems to go well with it. It would be neat to have the red side have gold pinstripes, and somethign else for the black, since Liverpool's iconic Gold Pinstriped home jerseys are extremely popular.

But I think the idea is very smart, showing the past and future of an iconic club. Very well done, mostly (I'm guessing) for a Man. United fan!

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Thecargeek, let me know what you think of this Liverpool redesign. I tried a couple of different designs based on classic away shirts but this was the only one that I like. In fact, the others are mostly awful...

77QSUj8.png

Definitely want to get your opinion on this one.

How do you get these so that when you post it shows at the bottom?

You put them in your signature. Go to your personal settings page and you can insert up to 4 images (I think it's 4) that'll appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

Not really a fan of the Crew logo used. I know you were going for simple, and all of their logos are fairly complex. The only suggestion I'd have is ditch the logo and just use the new Columbus Crew SC wordmark.

Also, if you are doing EPL, I'd love to see Tottenham.

I'll give your crew suggestion a try. Also, I'll put Tottenham on my to-do list.

kGFTWyb.png

Hoo boy, this Revolution one was a pain in the ass. Definitely need some opinions and advice on this one. I'm pretty satisfied with it considering how many ideas I scrapped before coming to this, but still I feel like it could be better. What do you think??

hLgqOyp.png

kGFTWyb.png

Archived