adidas F--KS up. MSU AD has to apologize

gdu

"STARKVILLE Mississippi State revealed commemorative Adidas warmups after Thursday's baseball practice. It included a message for Ole Miss.

The neon dots on the shirts line up to create phrases. One of the phrases, in orange, spells "F--K The School Up North." ..."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2015/04/16/msu-reveals-new-viva-starkvegas-warmups/25898295/

Pretty classless, not to mention how god awful ugly those things are. Is Adidas that desperate for attention? They probably already know it's just a matter of time before UA moves ahead of them in the North American market.

Pretty classless, not to mention how god awful ugly those things are. Is Adidas that desperate for attention? They probably already know it's just a matter of time before UA moves ahead of them in the North American market.

I sure hope they do, that happened six months ago.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Well huh. I'm mostly confused on how that managed to slip by people. No one noticed/thought it was of bad taste? Someone's definitely getting fired, and I wouldn't be surprised if the school tried to pull out of its contract with them prematurely (speaking of anyone know when their contract ends?). At the very least it's an ugly jersey so at least it's gone. But I'm curious about something - schools usually have a person that approves of these one-offs and such, right? Then how'd it get past them? One way or another, I feel like Adidas will be in more hot water than the guy who checks these things, as it's very possible it was an oversight on the school's part. Regardless, who thought this was a good idea?

It sure would be nice if this mistake would allow MSU to drop them on the spot and go with another athletic company like Under Armour.

You're assuming it wasn't someone at State's idea.

It could be, but that would mean that Adidas would have agreed to put it in regardless. Adidas gets some portion of the blame either way,

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Mississippi State signed a seven year contract with Adidas (who has accepted full responsibility for the incident) last year. Seeing as how Mississippi State is one of Adidas' top schools now and receives more $$$ from them than they would from any other supplier, I don't see the two parting ways over this.

I thought it was funny when I first saw it, but the negative publicity from this has quickly changed my reaction.

We just went from UA to Adidas, and I can tell you it's not even close.. We went from full custom UA uniforms to stock Adidas uniforms and the inexpensive stock Adidas informs absolutely blow the top-dollar top-of-the-line fully-custom UA uniforms out of the water.. The kids like them more, the fit is better, the company took care of us better.. It's been absolutely night and day.. People hate on Adidas A LOT on these boards, but I can tell you first hand, I don't know that I'd go with any other supplier after this experience.. Sure they have the "tire tread" and no belts, but those things get blown WAY out of proportion here.. Adidas has really put massive effort into rejoining the elite in the past year or so, and they'll remain a major presence if they continue.. We're just a small D2 college, and got treated pretty well.. I can only imagine if we were a big D1 school.. Sure, they've lost a couple big programs, but Miami and ASU were huge pickups.. If they can keep Michigan with Harbaugh around and add another big name in the next year as contacts expire, they'll be right back in the mix.. Their stuff is truly awesome.. (I'm still in my mid 20's and in great shape, and I've even tried them on, and they really are nice and have a great fit, so I'm not just relaying what the kids said).. The "cut" can look a bit awkward on some players, but the fit and flexibility is great and we got a set of alternates free, which got the kids even more exited.. Honestly, I'm firmly on the Adidas bandwagon now.. Never thought I'd say that

I find it hard to believe that no one at State knew about this before it came out. I don't think there is a chance adidas, a company known world wide who has no reason to even include something so specific without at least the suggestion from someone out to Starkville, just pulled something like that on their own.

jajtww.jpg

I find it hard to believe that no one at State knew about this before it came out. I don't think there is a chance adidas, a company known world wide who has no reason to even include something so specific without at least the suggestion from someone out to Starkville, just pulled something like that on their own.

Of course they didn't. Adidas isn't randomly putting "the school up north" on State's jerseys. There was definitely someone at the school involved.

Of course they didn't. Adidas isn't randomly putting "the school up north" on State's jerseys. There was definitely someone at the school involved.

Playing Devil's Advocate - I assume people know that State refers to Ole Miss as 'the school up north'. I'm not from that area, but am fully aware that tOSU refers to Michigan by the same name. It's possible that this is the same thing, and the school wasn't involved.

It's where I sit.

We just went from UA to Adidas, and I can tell you it's not even close.. We went from full custom UA uniforms to stock Adidas uniforms and the inexpensive stock Adidas informs absolutely blow the top-dollar top-of-the-line fully-custom UA uniforms out of the water.. The kids like them more, the fit is better, the company took care of us better.. It's been absolutely night and day.. People hate on Adidas A LOT on these boards, but I can tell you first hand, I don't know that I'd go with any other supplier after this experience.. Sure they have the "tire tread" and no belts, but those things get blown WAY out of proportion here.. Adidas has really put massive effort into rejoining the elite in the past year or so, and they'll remain a major presence if they continue.. We're just a small D2 college, and got treated pretty well.. I can only imagine if we were a big D1 school.. Sure, they've lost a couple big programs, but Miami and ASU were huge pickups.. If they can keep Michigan with Harbaugh around and add another big name in the next year as contacts expire, they'll be right back in the mix.. Their stuff is truly awesome.. (I'm still in my mid 20's and in great shape, and I've even tried them on, and they really are nice and have a great fit, so I'm not just relaying what the kids said).. The "cut" can look a bit awkward on some players, but the fit and flexibility is great and we got a set of alternates free, which got the kids even more exited.. Honestly, I'm firmly on the Adidas bandwagon now.. Never thought I'd say that

Interesting view. Glad they are comfortable. But this is a board about uniform aesthetics. And that is the hottest of trendy garbage.

Interesting view. Glad they are comfortable. But this is a board about uniform aesthetics. And that is the hottest of trendy garbage.

they also look good

How dumb can adidas be to actually send a product like that out? Did some ballsy designer slip it past the rest of the team unnoticed or did a group actually sign off on this? This looks really bad on adidas...extremely classless.

Someone at MSU would have had to approve the graphic before it was produced. My guess is this was intentional on all parties and they thought no one would notice and it would be a good inside joke.

It sure would be nice if this mistake would allow MSU to drop them on the spot and go with another athletic company like Under Armour.

You're assuming it wasn't someone at State's idea.

No one in their right mind would allow this to leave the concept table from MSU. If that is the case, I hope this person is fired today.

spacer.png

Archived