LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

Why do this? The franchise is enjoying a popularity never before enjoyed and they come out with this?

It's the Clippers.

They're not really used to capitalizing on success and popularity because... well, they haven't had much of it.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arcane had a fun idea that I put to paper, haha:

Los_Angeles_Cliparts_zpsbv0i8ph2.jpg

I got a fair way in to making my attempt was just frustrated spending 2 days on trying to find a font close enough to the exact thing. The font appeared to be so common but each close one was off in some way mainly the S or the R were well off.

This is where I got up to before telling you of the concept Conrad after searching 22,000+ fonts on my laptop and on other font sites.

Cliparts%20logo.jpg

First it was this...then last night happened

Oh Dear Basketball Gods, what did I ever do to insult you?

Oh me oh my has never been more applicable

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Oh please for the love of God, can NBA teams stop using a basketball in their logo? It's the most over-used, pathetic design element in sports: the ball. I want to put a constitutional amendment together that bans teams from using a ball in their identity (I'm looking at you too MLB).

That LAC logo is the first logo I want to literally punch in the face.

I saw these during a search, sorry for no credit (the source is the link)

Los-Angeles-Clippers-Redditor-Logo.png

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Los-Angeles-Clippers-Redditor-Logo.png

I love that nautical vibe, esp that bottom right one with the anchor.

This. Best clippers concept I've seen yet
Miles better
shado_logo.gif

That concept is not good at all.

1. It maintains the motion lines, which are too similar to the Lakers logo (people complain that the current logo is a rip-off, so why keep that aspect of it?)

2. The primary would never be able to be used in small formats, due to the ship and handles (or whatever those are.)

3. You have a basketball, a boat, water, a steering wheel, and a wordmark all together. Too many things.

The first alt (the wheel one) is realliy the only one that could realistically be a pro logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Los-Angeles-Clippers-Redditor-Logo.png

The light source on the handles is inconsistent and it does have a little too much going on as others have said, but take out some of that detail, or remove the ship all together or isolate it in a separate alt logo, and this would make for a unique, yet appropriate nba identity.

That being said, I've never hated the current Clipper logo with text over the ball, as uninspired as it is. Some logos try too hard and fail while the Clippers current logo doesn't try too hard to impress and is just a serviceable identity for the average fan who watches basketball for the game, not the logos. (Nothing says LA basketball like a word slapped over a ball).

This new bland LAC box we're seeing now is a case of both - not trying too hard to impress and also failing at that.

Arcane had a fun idea that I put to paper, haha:

Los_Angeles_Cliparts_zpsbv0i8ph2.jpg

"It looks like you're trying to make the worst visual identity in all of major league sports. Would you like me to help?"

bYhYmxh.png

I haven't commented on the quality of this redesign yet, firstly, because, well, everything has already been said, and, secondly, it's not worth commenting on. Try again, Clippers.

One thing I can't help noting, though, is that the CLA mark or whatever you call it, has been designed, compared to the Nets' primary logo.

If you removed the city name, simplified the Clippers font then slightly enlarged it and the ship, you'd have a really nice primary that works from a practical perspective as well.

Archived