LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think the designer realized that his/her idea for the red jersey goes right to hell if a player wears a single-digit number, or a two-digit number with a "1" in it?

please explain?
2nd that. .im lost too.

I think he meant that since the logo will be printed on the stock jerseys, either the single-digit number must be set next to the logo or away from the logo. Actually, after a quick mock-up, the number spaced away from a logo doesn't look half bad, IMO.

It doesn't look half good either. Nor any amount of good at all.

This logo and branding is a total...

train-wreck.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Do you think the designer realized that his/her idea for the red jersey goes right to hell if a player wears a single-digit number, or a two-digit number with a "1" in it?

please explain?
2nd that. .im lost too.

I think he meant that since the logo will be printed on the stock jerseys, either the single-digit number must be set next to the logo or away from the logo. Actually, after a quick mock-up, the number spaced away from a logo doesn't look half bad, IMO.

Clips_zpsiwzrhspx.jpg

Thanks makes more sense.

The more I see the red unis the more I see the Spurs alt.

spurs-third-jerseys.jpg

shado_logo.gif

Is there still time to protest against the use of these logos and uniforms, enough that management realizes everyone hates them and they get scrapped before they're released?

There are 8-10 NBA teams that could use new uniforms at the moment. The Clippers aren't one of them.

I just hope they win the title so they can end this uniform era on a good note.

If they win the title do they decide to keep their uni's? Other than the Rams I can't think of a team changing uniforms after a title.

If they win the title do they decide to keep their uni's? Other than the Rams I can't think of a team changing uniforms after a title.

Houston Rockets in 1995.

bSLCtu2.png

Houston Rockets in 1995.

The Penguins won back to back cups in 90/91 and 91/92, then changed to the Robo Pigeon the year after in 92/93.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/24/Pittsburgh_Penguins/

please explain?
2nd that. .im lost too.

Clips_zpsiwzrhspx.jpg

The number spaced away looks definitely better and like something that could work, though not in place of the current unis.

Just a random thought... According to the supposed league rule that all primary logos must include the city name... isn't this "new" Clippers logo against the rules?

Nope, because the logo above the wordmark says LA. That counts, just look at the Thunder's logo.

If we had only known what would come after that Thunder logo... (thinking of Nets, Bucks, Raptors and now Clippers...) I mean, compared to the Nets' and the Clippers' new logos, that looks like a masterpiece. Fortunately, for every one of those there's a Wizards and a Hornets.

You can throw any hope of these new logos not happening right out of the window as the NBA Store accidentally posted it which basically confirms that this is 100% official as of the NBA Draft.

niNlf73.png

Just look at how bad it looks in comparison with the rest of the league.

bSLCtu2.png

You can throw any hope of these new logos not happening right out of the window as the NBA Store accidentally posted it which basically confirms that this is 100% official as of the NBA Draft.

niNlf73.png

Just look at how bad it looks in comparison with the rest of the league.

Good spot.

And yep, as of this moment it's still up there

http://store.nba.com/

90758391980.gif

Archived