LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

Boy that picture really sums it up Huh. The NBA is a disaster ... There's only like 8-10 logos I don't hate in a league of 30 teams. Many of them have better partial/alternate logos like the Nets, Jazz, Rockets, Suns, TWolves, on and on. But the NBA insists that THESE Are the primary logos we have to go off of them -- and they all suck out loud.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want someone to do the NBA logo hub page on this site, but with all of the logos the teams actually use or want to use. No workmarks, just how the NFL and NHL pages are. Then we could see just how good it could look. I would but I'm lazy and should be working...

Just a random thought... According to the supposed league rule that all primary logos must include the city name... isn't this "new" Clippers logo against the rules?

The new Clippers logo should be against the rules but sadly they are no rules in design against ugly...

You can throw any hope of these new logos not happening right out of the window as the NBA Store accidentally posted it which basically confirms that this is 100% official as of the NBA Draft.

niNlf73.png

Just look at how bad it looks in comparison with the rest of the league.

"LA Cuppers."

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

You can throw any hope of these new logos not happening right out of the window as the NBA Store accidentally posted it which basically confirms that this is 100% official as of the NBA Draft.

niNlf73.png

The 3 new roundel logos in a row!

spacer.png

niNlf73.png

The 3 new roundel logos in a row!
76ers logo looks NOTHING like Washington's...Cliopers is awful...no new Hawk logo yet...

Boy that picture really sums it up Huh. The NBA is a disaster ... There's only like 8-10 logos I don't hate in a league of 30 teams. Many of them have better partial/alternate logos like the Nets, Jazz, Rockets, Suns, TWolves, on and on. But the NBA insists that THESE Are the primary logos we have to go off of them -- and they all suck out loud.

You've got that backwards about the Nets. Their primary shield logo is much better than their silly alternate B-ball logo. Yet they insist on using the alternate logo inappropriately as though it were the primary, such as at centre court.

For this reason it is nicer to see the Nets on national television, where the networks know enough to use the primary shield logo, rather than on their own broadcasts, where they misuse the alternate logo.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I really want someone to do the NBA logo hub page on this site, but with all of the logos the teams actually use or want to use. No workmarks, just how the NFL and NHL pages are. Then we could see just how good it could look. I would but I'm lazy and should be working...

qI7dUAr.png

PJU85JF.png

qI7dUAr.png

That would look too awkward. Some of these logos look out of place to me compared with the other logos. Either the entire league should use wordmark logos or they shouldn't.

qI7dUAr.png

Most of these don't work at all and look really incomplete.

bSLCtu2.png

qI7dUAr.png

Most of these don't work at all and look really incomplete.

I don't think this is accurately what he was looking for. A lot of these teams like the Knicks actually use their "primary". This is just a list of alternate or partial logos. I think what he wants is a list of the teams primary use logos- whether it be their "primary" (knicks) partial (76ers) or alt (jazz)

Best starting off point probably would be just grab their center court logos

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

You've got that backwards about the Nets. Their primary shield logo is much better than their silly alternate B-ball logo.

But the secondary shield-minus-city is better than both of them.

You've got that backwards about the Nets. Their primary shield logo is much better than their silly alternate B-ball logo.

But the secondary shield-minus-city is better than both of them.

Ah, yes. I definitely agree that the shield alone is the best logo. But I don't think that that's what we mean when we refer to the Nets' "secondary logo". That's just a version of the primary; I think that references to "the alternate logo" in the Nets' context will mean the B-ball logo. And it is the shield alone (a version of the primary logo) which is used by the TV networks for Nets games.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I cringe every time I watch a LAC playoff game, knowing that their most successful season ever - possibly a championship run - will be followed up with this generic train wreck. As others have pointed out, WHY? At least the cursive font had character to it. Why go to something so bland and uninspired? (Undoing a brutal franchise history and starting over is understandable, but if love to know what the other proposed designs were).

Archived