LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

I must be the only person on these boards who thinks they need to run from the nautical theme and play up LA. Clippers worked when they were in San Diego, doesn't now and wouldn't mesh with their LA image.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing up Los Angeles is pointless because, in my biased opinion, the Lakers own Los Angeles. Why even bother with it? I've never been a fan of two teams sharing the same building. They should have been located in Anaheim as of the mid-90's but Sterling was clueless.

bSLCtu2.png

And "LA" doesn't have anything to do with the water?

It's weird to say, but I don't associate LA and sailing. San Diego, sure. The initials LA are more evocative for Los Angeles and should be stressed.

Playing up Los Angeles is pointless because, in my biased opinion, the Lakers own Los Angeles. Why even bother with it? I've never been a fan of two teams sharing the same building. They should have been located in Anaheim as of the mid-90's but Sterling was clueless.

they make a ton of money renting staples center

Sterling was actually right on that

Moving would be idiotic

Why couldn't they build an arena between San Diego and LA and call themselves the Southern California Clippers. Some SoCal city pride jerseys would be nice. I just don't get why the Warriors are the only team to have done the non city name. They initially did it "to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California." Reality is they just represent the bay area and to an extent, NorCal. There are tons of people in Southern California who want nothing to do with the city of Los Angeles. Clippers could be their team. There's tons of money everywhere in SoCal and i think they would have one of the best crowds.

But, yeah, i'm pretty sure everyone in the NBA would love a team in or near San Diego. I want to move back there so badly. San Diego is my fave city in the US.

And "LA" doesn't have anything to do with the water?

It's weird to say, but I don't associate LA and sailing. San Diego, sure. The initials LA are more evocative for Los Angeles and should be stressed.

Maybe you don't, but with 70 miles of coastline I think many people in Los Angeles do.

Why couldn't they build an arena between San Diego and LA and call themselves the Southern California Clippers. Some SoCal city pride jerseys would be nice. I just don't get why the Warriors are the only team to have done the non city name. They initially did it "to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California." Reality is they just represent the bay area and to an extent, NorCal. There are tons of people in Southern California who want nothing to do with the city of Los Angeles. Clippers could be their team. There's tons of money everywhere in SoCal and i think they would have one of the best crowds.

But, yeah, i'm pretty sure everyone in the NBA would love a team in or near San Diego. I want to move back there so badly. San Diego is my fave city in the US.

San Diego - great city, not a great sports city

San Diego - great city, not a great sports city

Didn't Ron Burgundy say that? :D

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Why couldn't they build an arena between San Diego and LA and call themselves the Southern California Clippers.

They're not leaving Staples Centre. They make money hand over fist simply by existing to fill dates. They'd be stupid to move out in favour of Anaheim, San Diego, or anywhere else.

As for this suggestion? I'd prefer they didn't. Teams should represent actual communities. Not vague geographic areas with arenas located in the middle of nowhere.

Why couldn't they build an arena between San Diego and LA and call themselves the Southern California Clippers.

They're not leaving Staples Centre. They make money hand over fist simply by existing to fill dates. They'd be stupid to move out in favour of Anaheim, San Diego, or anywhere else.

As for this suggestion? I'd prefer they didn't. Teams should represent actual communities. Not vague geographic areas with arenas located in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah I'm not sure a whole bunch of fans would want to drive a good hour or more each way to get to an arena in between cities.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There's a lot of things you can call Sterling "clueless" for, but refusing to downgrade from the #2 media market in the nation to Anaheim is not one of them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Agreed. It'd probably work for football with only 10 home dates + playoffs, but not basketball.

Anyone think there's any hope of a full scale fan revolt over the new logo/jerseys? Something like what the 49ers experienced. I'd like to hope Clippers fans would reject the new identity, by r I think the best case scenario would be a return to the classic logo after 4 or 5 seasons of terrible sales.

But if they win a title...

Anyone think there's any hope of a full scale fan revolt over the new logo/jerseys? Something like what the 49ers experienced. I'd like to hope Clippers fans would reject the new identity, by r I think the best case scenario would be a return to the classic logo after 4 or 5 seasons of terrible sales.

But if they win a title...

Really depends if they're as bad as the crap that was floating around a few months back. If it is, I could see a revolt occurring.

Archived