LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In context, the underlines of the wordmark make sense. The font is kind of "eh," but it's not horrible.

As a standalone, the ball logo is actually a pretty strong logo.

And seriously people, stop saying that this is the worst logo ever. JUST. STOP. It's not. It's many orders of magnitude better than the Thunder logo which I'm pretty sure inspired Jeffrey Loria to create that monstrosity in center field of his ballpark. The hyperbole that you people keep throwing out here is just plain tedious.

VmWIn6B.png

"The stacked LA takes the shape of a basketball court." A rectangle? I love the explanations they write.

The uniforms look like something from a basketball video game that doesn't have NBA licensing rights and strays as far away as possible from what a uniform looks like to avoid a lawsuit.

God bless Clipper fans. Hope this doesn't stick for their sake.

PJU85JF.png

Strangest rebrand I've ever seen. The whole thing has just been one big amateur mess. He 'unveiled' the logo on Conan while wearing the polo the entire interview which was odd. They try to make the LA graphic a court? Why because it's a rectangle? The silver lining explanation? Seriously. It's so generic. And then to stick with the same jersey template instead of literally starting over is just strange. Now it just feels like a Chinese knockoff instead of a whole new look. Unveiling the unis via a photoshopped graphic and a Funny or die video? The whole thing as others have stated is just... Laughably bad. You have the Sixers rebrand which has been very well thought out and then there's this. Yikes.

In context, the underlines of the wordmark make sense. The font is kind of "eh," but it's not horrible.

As a standalone, the ball logo ps actually a pretty strong logo.

And seriously people, stop saying that this is the worst logo ever. JUST. STOP. It's not. It's many orders of magnitude better than the Thunder logo which I'm pretty sure inspired Jeffrey Loria to create that monstrosity in center field of his ballpark. The hyperbole that you people keep throwing out here is just plain tedious.

It's bland as hell, cheap-looking, and the uniforms are lazy, but it's the astonishingly absurd, over-the-top brandspeak that offends me the most. Stop talking. Stop gushing about how you're reinventing the wheel when everything you're showing, including the uniform mockups, says "15 minutes in MSPaint."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The curved lines in the primary Clippers wordmark symbolize the horizon of the ocean as seen from the bridge of a Clipper ship alluding to the teams nautical theme roots.

Well there you go. The new logo *is* a ship.

It's a piece of ship, that's for sure!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Not sure how a the "CLA" logo constitutes as Embracing Los Angeles -- but it makes for a good laugh, nonetheless!

CHwHyEkUcAAtkpr.jpg

"the shape of a basketball court" I'm sorry but that's just a stretch. The court is A FREAKING RECTANGLE nothing special.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

This isn't dumpster fire bad...

toilet-fire.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The thing is, the "CLA" inside the basketball doesn't read at all. The shapes are too close together and the "LA" melts into itself. So you get this red-blue blob-thing inside a black and white basketball, which screams "we ripped this concept straight from the Brooklyn Nets".

Ballmer paid over $2 Billion (BILLION!) for this franchise; he couldn't afford to at least update the jersey frames?

Not sure how a the "CLA" logo constitutes as Embracing Los Angeles -- but it makes for a good laugh, nonetheless!

CHwHyEkUcAAtkpr.jpg

"the shape of a basketball court" I'm sorry but that's just a stretch. The court is A FREAKING RECTANGLE nothing special.

The court used in the graphic even uses the old college 3-point line!

Definitely some BS they just slapped together to dupe a few more Lakers fanwagoners over to their side.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived