LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

From Twitter. Awesome.

CHwLJO4WwAEA5JT.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can definitely tell Ballmer has no idea what he's doing with a sports franchise as he basically took away any real identity the team had and replaced it with generic, corporate-style logos with absolutely no artistic thought in mind. Then to stick them on the same uniform template as last year and call it new is also really amateur. Plus, the red jersey looks awful with the logo and number on the same level as there is now a ton of blank space in the torso area.

Yup. Still hate it.

The ball logo is the only thing half decent about this. Everything else? Kill it with fire.

We Clippers fans gave Ballmer an inch and dude takes a freaking mile. My favorite team looks like crap now, but at least the owner doesn't hate when I come to games, so there's that. Sigh.

Guys, this is a prank most probably. This Ballmer dude comes off as a prankster. I mean, the quality of the logos, slapping the wordmark on the old jerseys, the whole thing leaking long ago, the silly explanations of the logos, unveiling the logo on Conan while wearing a shirt with the logo from the start, and Conan being all excited about it, then that Funny Or Die clip... Think about it. There's a chance there's a decent full-scale new identity coming up.

Why bother, you would ask. I dunno. The dude is very rich and just paid 2 billion for the club, and like I said, comes off as a prankster. I'm not sold on this. (Or, he has a very bad taste.)

You know, I guess I can get why they wanted to change the logo after the donald sterling incident but they could've taken the time and thought it out instead of just take whatever and slap it on the same jerseys.

These look horrible, I'd rather them have the lakers ripoff logo anyday.

I think the funny part of this, if you watch the video on their website, is they rely heavily on the ship and sails (by God, an actual CLIPPER SHIP) and water in the video, yet the logo doesn't even faintly evoke anything that would make me think of a ship or the water, despite what their asinine description of the "horizon" says.

I actually think the Funny or Die video (I voted "die") shows another problem with this. In the video, the joke is Ballmer putting "Clippers" into already established corporate logos. But that's exactly what this new logo is. Bland and corporate. If they didn't have the partial basketball lines on the circle, this wouldn't qualify as a sports logo. Hell, EA Sports pointed it out.

This is bad and the justifications of it are worse.

Oh, and the jerseys, especially describing them as "legacy elements", might be the biggest joke of this whole thing.

Say it with me everybody:

"Clippers gonna Clip"

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived