LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are tons of people in Southern California who want nothing to do with the city of Los Angeles.

Yes, racists, and the Clippers have had enough of one to last a lifetime.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As a standalone, the ball logo ps actually a pretty strong logo.

And seriously people, stop saying that this is the worst logo ever. JUST. STOP. It's not. It's many orders of magnitude better than the Thunder logo

Agreed. Doesn't even come close to dethroning that as the worst logo in major league sports.

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but I love this rebrand by the Clippers. I don't care if it looks like MS Paint or crayon. I love the simplicity of all of it and especially the red jersey. The Clippers and Nets are by far my favorite recent rebrands in the NBA (and the Hornets current logo).

*I know this opinion will get bashed on here, so this is all I will say about on this thread as I understand this belongs in the Unpopular Opinion thread.

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but I love this rebrand by the Clippers. I don't care if it looks like MS Paint or crayon. I love the simplicity of all of it and especially the red jersey. The Clippers and Nets are by far my favorite recent rebrands in the NBA (and the Hornets current logo).

*I know this opinion will get bashed on here, so this is all I will say about on this thread as I understand this belongs in the Unpopular Opinion thread.

The Nets and Clips rebrands are not comparable in my book. Other than maybe the LAC logo (as an alternate) the addition of black, word marks and unis are a train wreck. Not one part of the Nets' rebrand was a train wreck.

Not sure how a the "CLA" logo constitutes as Embracing Los Angeles -- but it makes for a good laugh, nonetheless!

CHwHyEkUcAAtkpr.jpg

That is clearly two giant blue arms wrapping themselves around an LA in the shape of a basketball court. :)

And the "standing on a ship looking at the water" primary? It's all genius in its simplicity. :)

Again, I like it because it finally ditches the Lakers logo. That's about it. The red LA might work really nice if they set it apart like on that wordmark.

But now that the Clippers have come out of the Lakers shadow, they can start to evolve. And OKC is still the worst logo. The first step is the hardest.

(Also, I love that EA called them out on the NBA Live '06 similarity.)

This is part of Ballmer's or whatever the hell his name is plan to move the Clippers. That's literally the only explanation I can think of. I've got a new description for my views on this logo: suspiciously bad.

And yes, this IS the worst pro logo because there's literally nothing half way professional looking about the design. The wordmark is something you'd see a law firm use, and along with being poorly though out the new logos uses the most basic shapes and imagery possible. Not to mention it is incredibly awkward looking to boot.

The Thunder logo may be horrendous, but it at least looks like they gave a real designer their terrible idea for a logo and rendered it to the point where it looked half way real.

There's no way in hell if I was a Clipper fan I'd stay after this. What a kick to the teeth to the fanbase, some fat bald billionaire can't pay a couple hundred dollars for an actual logo. I could never look at that corporate abomination every game.

And what's funny is that those road uniforms are several hundred times worse than everything else, so everything I just said about everything else, multiple my negativity several hundred fold for it.

Not sure how a the "CLA" logo constitutes as Embracing Los Angeles -- but it makes for a good laugh, nonetheless!

CHwHyEkUcAAtkpr.jpg

Wow....they are REALLY stretching with the nautical theme...I laughed so hard at this.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

From the leaks over a month before to the funny or die release video, it feels like this has to be a prank. But it is the Clippers so who knows.

Feel bad for Blake, having to take credit for this

Archived