LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the roundel? This cannot be allowed to stand without a roundel.

*Sarcasm

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

How bad are these? So bad that nobody's even complaining about how much most of us hate 'em.

The home jersey would be OK if "Clippers" was red or blue. The black just does not fit in there. The road jersey is immediately the worst jersey in the NBA and a legitimate contender for the worst in the "big 4" sports.

I have always liked the general look of the Clippers...the R/W/B, which really is not over-used in the NBA and the scripts were nice. The logo was garbage, of course, but from a uniform perspective, the Clips have always been at least top-half of the NBA.

Many people wanted 'em gone...careful what you wish for.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Hopefully, the Sixers don't disappoint (I literally laughed at me saying this, as they almost always disappoint) and they deliver something that makes us forget these monstrosities...at least for tonight.

The owner is a former Microsoft executive, and I think the logo reflects his background. It looks sterile, something better suited for a company letterhead than a sports franchise.

You may have a point. In that Funny or Die video he mocked up a Clippers logo that looked like the current Microsoft logo. The players pointed that out and his response was "old habit."

Hopefully, the Sixers don't disappoint (I literally laughed at me saying this, as they almost always disappoint) and they deliver something that makes us forget these monstrosities...at least for tonight.

Don't worry, I am sure they'll draft someone with a chronic injury problem.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Don't worry, I am sure they'll draft someone with a chronic injury problem.

Or someone overseas that won't be NBA ready until 2025. Either/or...

Here's a rant I typed up late last night.

The Los Angeles Clippers have always been a secondary team in LA to the Lakers. I always knew that. Even growing up I figured it out that the Clippers were trying to be like the Lakers with the basketball with text over it logo. By the way those are the worst logos in the NBA before THIS happened. The Lakers' one is iconic but more boring than watching grass grow. It's a freakin basketball with text on it. The logo designing process for that had to go like.

Laker Logo Guy #1 (Quincy): We need a logo for this franchise what should it be.
Laker Logo Guy #2 (Bill): What sport do we play?
Quincy: Basketball
Bill: What are the team name and colors of our franchise?
Quincy: Our franchise is called the Los Angeles Lakers and our colors are purple and yellow.
Bill: let's slap the team name on a team colored basketball.
Quincy: why the heck did I not think of that.
And worst of all the Clippers decide to Copy that. They had a good but not great clipper sails logo and ditched for the lakers logo with more boring colors and fonts. Way to go LAC. So I've always thought that the Clippers needed some new logos. So you could see why I was very open to them rebranding. Until I saw the logos. Holy butts those are bad. It takes one of the worst fonts I've ever seen, semi-bevels it and throws some random freaking lines under it to show a nautical theme or whatever bull crap Steve Ballmer & Co. want us to believe. And it takes a fine looking LaC secondary mark rearranges it to say CLA throws an ugly font on it and slaps it into a clip art wheel. Because nautical. The uniforms before the rebrand weren't great but weren't awful. There were some flaws that should've been easily fixed like the number size and colors and I thought it was in the bottom half of the league. These new home uniforms just slap on that hideous wordmark on a not that good template and throw in some BFBS on the homes. And to light the mountain of horse crap on fire the away jerseys cram the number font and the hideous LaC logo all in the upper space and to add more fuel to the horsecrap Fire they are adding a BFBS uniform as an alt. Instantly worst in the league.
1.5/10

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

358dkwx.jpg

So... You have all sans serif and block based logos throughout, but then your numbers are serifed and angular. Then you have a black wordmark, and no black anywhere else on the jersey (besides the number outline). Did nobody review this design? I mean seriously, how freaking bad are your design sensibilities to think that this looks good?

Also, the Clippers new slogan should be: "Giving LA a biiiiiiiiig hug."

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived