LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

I want to give them a chance, even if the logo on its own is absolutely ridiculous (and lol @ justifying the LAC by claiming it looks like a basketball court). The home uniform seems alright to me, except that putting CLIPPERS in black makes it stick out like a sore thumb to me in a uni otherwise devoid of black. The away uniform is unique I guess, but I think the logo on the front of the jersey is going to appear muddied in that sea of red with only some thin white outlines. I welcome the return of wordmark logos on jerseys, but not when the logos look like these.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we take it one step further...

UCLAclippers.png

So that's enclosed by a football field now, right?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The rebrand is brutal and I've already voiced that, but I'll give LAC credit for this: their #GearUpLA campaign is brilliant - going to schools, airports, restaurants, etc and decking everything out with new gear is a really cool idea. People love free stuff and that small goodwill can go a long way towards winning people over. That said, it appears that they put 120% more energy into the campaign then the actual rebrand.

I actually agree with this. Between the coordinated giveaways around the city, the social-media stream, even the custom cupcakes, the rollout might be the most impressive I've seen from a sports team. Unfortunately, it's all wasted on a decidedly mediocre new look.

I'll give the team props for being aggressive enough to go all around greater L.A. and promoting the new look. The president of business operations was at L.A. Union Station during early-morning rush hour giving out shirts, and several ex-Clippers are out and about giving out free shirts too.

I honestly think that this branding was the idea of the president of business ops, since marketing and the such falls under her purview, and she convinced Ballmer that this was the way to go. I have to say that the LAC Ball logo is growing on me, but the rest of the identity is total dreck. I just can't believe that they're this oblivious to all of the backlash that the new look is getting, and are still justifying the new look to everyone else (and to quote Mike Wilbon, the morning hosts on the Clips' flagship radio station were "slurping-up" Ballmer when he appeared this morning). I don't see this new look sticking around beyond 2017.

Arash MarkaziVerified account ‏@ArashMarkazi

I just talked to Steve Ballmer. He said it took about two months to create the new Clippers logo. Started in November, completed in January.

Looks like someone milked the job for almost 2 months and came up with this in the 2 hours leading up to the presentation meeting.

Or the boss comes up with an awful idea and nobody has the guts to tell him it sucks.

CHvzxZbVAAEgse1.png

Words cannot describe how generic and awful that shirt is. Looks like it belongs on a cartoon

EDIT: also reminds me of thing 1 and thing 2

And Ballmer.., black hasn't been cool since I was three. It's not a fresh new color.

UCLAclippers.png

So that's enclosed by a football field now, right?

"The yellow 'C' represents the shape of the Rose Bowl, and the negative space represents the press box. The 'U' symbolizes the tailgating atmosphere in our parking lots, which surround the Rose Bowl on three sides."

UCLAclippers.png

(golf claps) :notworthy:

That honestly wouldn't be a bad logo for UCLA.

Agreed. It works for UCLA because it reads in the right direction . . . U.C.L.A. The Clippers' version reads C.L.A.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

(and to quote Mike Wilbon, the morning hosts on the Clips' flagship radio station were "slurping-up" Ballmer when he appeared this morning).

Well, if anyone would know slurping, it would be the guy who cashed radio checks from the Redskins while maintaining his independence as a Washington Post sportswriter. I defer to Mr. Wilbon's expertise.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Don't tell me that this :censored: is real. Don't tell me this :censored: is real.

This may be the most disliked sports logo in history. Even with the roundels situation.

I am never watching basketball again because of this :censored:.

Jersey review:

-1,000,000,000/10

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Archived