LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this has to be a joke. That logo is AWFUL. I seriously hope that isn't legit.

Seriously, though. If they're gonna rebrand, they have to do a better job than this. It's even more generic than their current logo, and why include black? It completely muddies the look. A full-time BFBS. If I were the Clippers, and I was going to rebrand, I would make a logo that actually incorporates a Clipper ship. Don't replace generic with even MORE generic.

Given that this is the secondary logo, I don't think we can assume that there isn't a ship logo yet.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhh.

That is horrid.

(To be fair, the lone LAC logo would work for a team in like, the 1970's...)

More like the Pistons from the 80's, but yeah. Take that mark and throw it on the UNCW Seahawks new logo, replace the UNCW with Clippers (which is black if I recall) and you basically have their new primary logo.

Doesn't sound like there's a ship.

Remember when you were in fourth grade, and the teacher wheeled in the TV, and everyone got excited because they thought we were gonna watch The Land Before Time, but instead were just forced to watch some shlock about saying no to drugs and peer pressure? That's what this logo is from. Either that or Santa Fe is having its 1991 Book Fair again.

No. Even in the 1990s Santa Fe art is more tasteful than that.

Also there would be a lot more vaginas.

OMG what is this???

How are so many teams allowed to add black? The Rockets were denied black several seasons ago because there were too many black uniforms already yet it seems every team is starting to add black. What does a clipper(a very fast sailing ship) have to do with the color black? This has to be a joke right? Is the back of the uniform going to say "I Can't Breathe." UGH.

To be fair, most Clippers had black hulls.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The LAC logo looks like an 8-bit Cubs logo.

I thought something similar.

I guess this logo wouldn't be too hard to tag a wall with. Perhaps that's what they meant by appealing to the youth.

Does anyone know if the Crips are up for a minor name change?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

what is this "City of Los Angeles rather than Los Angeles" bit about?

There is a need to differentiate between the city and the county of Los Angeles because :censored: them, they are bigger posers than Orange County.

Today, we are all otaku.

i really like the concept of pairing the number and logo next to each other on the chest, or even a logo front center with number underneath like the black jersey. everything outside of that isn't ready for an NBA court, but i dig the original ideas for a BBall jersey.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Cubs used to have a C like that, only rectangular to fit the UBS.

Now... I like it for a single reason: It eliminates the Lakers knockoff logo (right?). But it's OKC bad.

The first step is the hardest. Here's hoping the next redsign is a little more... designed.

My tastes skew traditional and simple, but someone needs to get crazy, and it might as well be the Clippers. Just like I wish the Rockies kept road pinstripes (or even purple sleeves under black vests) -- someone has to be off-center so we know where center is.

Plus:

#CLA

[LA

-----

|LA

-----

It's so Twitter-ready. :) And square. So Web 6.0 or whatever we're on. /smirk

The joke will become the marketing gimmick. Like B1G.

If these things, by some twisted chance, turn out to be real....then they will take the title from the OKC Thunder for the worst logo and uniforms in the NBA.

Something I never even thought possible, until now.

If this is real,I shall never see a basketball game again.

I mean,the current look is classic.Irreplaceable.But if thus takes over,there are gonna be some problems.

THE LAKERS RIPOFF IS A CLASSIC?

Would love to see something along these lines as the primary:

zWaSSFh.png

(Ship silhouette from here, but you get the idea.)

It never seizes to amaze me how someone on a sports logo forum can create beautiful logos for a pro team in minutes and a whole marketing/design firm can give us such crappy logos after months and months of research.

Bravo Lights Out, Bravo.

Archived