Colors that have gone away that really need to come back

MCM0313

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss seeing yellow/gold as the primary light colour in NHL uniforms. This is not counting Nashville, who uses it as a home dark with navy helmets.

It was always cool seeing non-white teams vs teams in different colours, ie. Canucks vs Flames: yellow vs red or Kings vs North Stars: gold vs kelly green.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk12geYkan1qi5qu5o1_500.jpg

http://www.sportsjerseypedia.com/pictures/Los-Angeles-Kings-Throwback-Retro-Yellow-Jersey-1980-88.jpg

This uniform is top-5 all time for me. The more-often-thrown-back-to 1970s version is a bit plain. This one is awesome, as was its road counterpart.

This is part of why I like white at home; the idea that a team or two could wear yellow at home. I don't think the Kings and Canucks of this era would have bothered with a yellow "light" road jersey.

I suppose it does not matter because no yellow jersey would ever touch the awesomeness of this one anyway.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not a color, but since we will quickly run out of those I'll say it. The Rays' plaid hats were gorgeous. I don't care what anyone says. Haters gonna hate

5038983970_c84069efca_z.jpg

What about haters gonna be right. This is not freaking short season A ball...

Not a color, but since we will quickly run out of those I'll say it. The Rays' plaid hats were gorgeous. I don't care what anyone says. Haters gonna hate

5038983970_c84069efca_z.jpg

Hideous. Looks like a hideous fashion cap...for nerds, and old geezers who wear matching shorts.

87Redskins.png

I miss Sharks & Marlins teal. I don't miss the actual teal for teal's sake era.

San Jose should burn its black unis. 3x NHL teams in Cali... all sporting black... terrific.

Well they do still wear the teal jersey. But yeah I wish they'd retire the black. Though given the alternative I'd rather they keep black if they must have a third over using the orange as an alt.

Just want to point out that we're 4 pages in, and no one has suggested they want brown back. Lends credence to the idea that people don't want the Padres to wear brown because they like it, but simply because it's unique for uniqueness sake. It's still ugly as sin.

Red, white, and blue. You know, the colors of the American flag.US-Soccer-2015-Home-2.png

I so agree. I hate international competitions (Olympics, World Cups, etc.) where the U.S. or any country for that matter isn't readily recognizable. I don't consider myself overly nationalistic, but I think national sports teams should have recognized brands.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Just want to point out that we're 4 pages in, and no one has suggested they want brown back. Lends credence to the idea that people don't want the Padres to wear brown because they like it, but simply because it's unique for uniqueness sake. It's still ugly as sin.

Your position may be the majority, but I respond to this post today wearing brown and with some powder blue accents. I think brown is a great color, particular matched with light blue or navy.

I wish the Padres would pair brown and navy for a uniform that looks good, connects to multiple eras of the franchise, and Is truly unique.

I also wish sports teams would bring back powder blue and other light blues hues. I miss the looks of the Houston Oilers, the San Diego Clippers, and U.C.L.A of the 60s and 70s.

The Browns wear it so it's not really "gone". That's why I did not mention it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Your position may be the majority, but I respond to this post today wearing brown and with some powder blue accents. I think brown is a great color, particular matched with light blue or navy.

I wish the Padres would pair brown and navy for a uniform that looks good, connects to multiple eras of the franchise, and Is truly unique.

I also wish sports teams would bring back powder blue and other light blues hues. I miss the looks of the Houston Oilers, the San Diego Clippers, and U.C.L.A of the 60s and 70s.

Brown and navy? That would look awful. Too dark, too similar in grayscale. And I think the absolute last thing they need to do is combine eras. Every time we've seen a team do that it ended up a flaming pile of crap (Chargers, former Bills, Buccaneers, Sabres)

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Brown and navy? That would look awful. Too dark, too similar in grayscale. And I think the absolute last thing they need to do is combine eras. Every time we've seen a team do that it ended up a flaming pile of crap (Chargers, former Bills, Buccaneers, Sabres)

I agree that combining eras has sometimes been a disaster but brown does go well with many shades of blue.

I agree that combining eras has sometimes been a disaster but brown does go well with many shades of blue.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Brown and navy together might look decent on a striped polo shirt, but I can't imagine them looking any better than horrible for a sports team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Unless Baylor darkened their green they still wear that green. I too hate how much people use navy instead of royal blue, the Bill's recent rebrand was step in the right direction for them.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Red, white, and blue. You know, the colors of the American flag.US-Soccer-2015-Home-2.png

I so agree. I hate international competitions (Olympics, World Cups, etc.) where the U.S. or any country for that matter isn't readily recognizable. I don't consider myself overly nationalistic, but I think national sports teams should have recognized brands.

Yup. And preferably, Team USA should look like they came out of the 80s: fresh from kicking communism in the ballsack and watching a marathon of Top Gun and Walker re-runs on TNT.

hulk-hogan-america-fuck-yeah-e1352238972WalkerTitle.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived