Colors that have gone away that really need to come back

MCM0313

Red, white, and blue. You know, the colors of the American flag.US-Soccer-2015-Home-2.png

I so agree. I hate international competitions (Olympics, World Cups, etc.) where the U.S. or any country for that matter isn't readily recognizable. I don't consider myself overly nationalistic, but I think national sports teams should have recognized brands.

Yup. And preferably, Team USA should look like they came out of the 80s: fresh from kicking communism in the ballsack and watching a marathon of Top Gun and Walker re-runs on TNT.

WalkerTitle.jpg

tumblr_m15782dNyy1r1qml6o1_500.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown and navy? That would look awful. Too dark, too similar in grayscale. And I think the absolute last thing they need to do is combine eras. Every time we've seen a team do that it ended up a flaming pile of crap (Chargers, former Bills, Buccaneers, Sabres)

I agree that combining eras has sometimes been a disaster but brown does go well with many shades of blue.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Brown and navy together might look decent on a striped polo shirt, but I can't imagine them looking any better than horrible for a sports team.

if you must combine Pads eras, Brown and Orange is the way to go, which was done and done well (though, I prefer brown and yellow gold)

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Just want to point out that we're 4 pages in, and no one has suggested they want brown back. Lends credence to the idea that people don't want the Padres to wear brown because they like it, but simply because it's unique for uniqueness sake. It's still ugly as sin.

Your position may be the majority, but I respond to this post today wearing brown and with some powder blue accents. I think brown is a great color, particular matched with light blue or navy.

I wish the Padres would pair brown and navy for a uniform that looks good, connects to multiple eras of the franchise, and Is truly unique.

I also wish sports teams would bring back powder blue and other light blues hues. I miss the looks of the Houston Oilers, the San Diego Clippers, and U.C.L.A of the 60s and 70s.

Brown and navy? That would look awful. Too dark, too similar in grayscale. And I think the absolute last thing they need to do is combine eras. Every time we've seen a team do that it ended up a flaming pile of crap (Chargers, former Bills, Buccaneers, Sabres)

Brown and non-sky blue can work together if there's a lighter third color to mitigate. Allow me to post my own work to demonstrate, lol:

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2406205696:1383797061

• 3 weeks later...

But that wouldn't work together in practice. Royal blue doesn't work with black, it's not going to work with brown. From any distance that jersey would be a cluttered mess and the blue would disappear.

Well, yes, the jersey would be a cluttered mess if the blue and brown were directly juxtaposed. With light metallic gold separating them, it would just be a matter of ensuring that the two darker colors were different enough to not appear the same in different spots. I dunno. Somebody with NCAA Football should download the team and upload some screen caps playing with them.

Archived