drakexedge's NFL Re-Design Thread (Steelers Added)

drakexedge

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the bridge design for the Steelers, but I agree that the colors could be changed. I would go with yellow instead of grey. It would add some much needed yellow to the jerseys and match the actual bridge that inspired it. I'd also make the sleeve caps black on the white jersey. The thin black lines, while matching the current look, looks weak IMO. Lastly, I would go with a thick single stripe in the pants to match the helmet. The bridge design is a little too much for the pants.

I was waiting for someone to suggest the bridge to be yellow. In my head that's sort of what I wanted to do with it, but at the same time I wanted to integrate more "steel gray" to keep everyone happy. I'll toy around with your ideas, and post the results.

One last question...what do you mean by "sleeve caps"?

If you're wanting to reflect their history in a throwback, the bridge is not the way to go. The reason they have those bumblebee stripes is too show what they used to have. I would go with option 1

I hear what you're saying here, but the idea was to make a "faux-back" as some people call it. Basically taking inspiration from an old design, and giving it a modern twist. The modern twist in this case would be integrating the bridge from the rest of the uniform set into the alternate.

I really like the bridge design for the Steelers, but I agree that the colors could be changed. I would go with yellow instead of grey. It would add some much needed yellow to the jerseys and match the actual bridge that inspired it. I'd also make the sleeve caps black on the white jersey. The thin black lines, while matching the current look, looks weak IMO. Lastly, I would go with a thick single stripe in the pants to match the helmet. The bridge design is a little too much for the pants.

I was waiting for someone to suggest the bridge to be yellow. In my head that's sort of what I wanted to do with it, but at the same time I wanted to integrate more "steel gray" to keep everyone happy. I'll toy around with your ideas, and post the results.

One last question...what do you mean by "sleeve caps"?

The "sleeve caps" are just another term for the sleeves. People are calling them "caps" now because football jerseys don't really have sleeves anymore. So when I say to make them black think the Jaguars' jerseys, but with the stripes added.

robinson-denard-102314-getty-ftr_ggvfjfr

Love the bridge design, not loving the grey mask.. I really like the new number font, but I'd miss the italics.. I may be the only person here who prefers the italic numbers for the Steelers, but I'd like to see you try to incorporate them

Archived