new Nike - UNC logos unis?

pagan696

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. So glad they finally added argyle to the department-wide identity, and I like the font choices a lot. The wider number font reminds me of classic basketball numbers, which is fitting. While the unnecessary black drops this look by 2 points and the inconsistent background for the argyle on the football unis drops it another, the rest of the identity is a 12 out of 10. So overall I give it a 9.

Bravo, Nike. Bravo.

These football uniforms are EXACTLY how UNC Tar Heel football should look. The helmet with the classic logo and argyle stripe. Perfect. The jerseys with argyle collar. Perfect. The pants with argyle stripe. Perfect. Top tier cfb look. This is how Nike should design uniforms. This is what Nike can do. If they do this more often instead of what they do with the bucs and tcu id be a Nike fanboy.

10/10 if no stupid alts. Really.

8,5/10 then. Dang it.

Agreed. This is exactly how I picture UNC looking.

IUe6Hvh.png

Nike could have really gone overkill with the argyle but in showing some considered restraint, have produced the best uniforms I've seen for a long time.

My only criticism is the secondary pallett. I think the football uniform would have looked so much better in Navy then the Black Out look.

Overall I'd say 9/10.

2yyw0wk.jpg

24nlbn4.jpg

4gkqo5.jpg

dwq98j.jpg

kbwy6b.jpg

That football uni combo of the blue helmet, blue jersey, and white pants looks perfect. Really digging the white jersey with the blue pants. I would love to see how the blue jersey and white pants would look with the white helmet.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I went to State. As much as I am physically able to hate another school, I hate Carolina.

So let me say... This is a beautiful package. And I mean a complete package (i.e. now the football team and basketball team don't look like they belong to different schools with kinda similar colors). When word started leaking out about argyle on the football unis, I was worried they would overdo it. But (shockingly) Nike used a light touch and I think it works incredibly well. Carolina just went from being one of the worst dressed football teams in the ACC to one of the best. I'd be happier if the black alternate (and all the black/navy nonsense) didn't exist, but I'm also enough of a realist to know that we've crossed that bridge now in Nike's designs and they're going to happen.

Great look, 9.8/10.

[edit] I also think the tweaks to the logo are very effective.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived