new Nike - UNC logos unis?

pagan696

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the block numbers custom? Is there a PDF link to them? They look really nice.

I'm hoping the full font is released. I would definitely say they are custom. They look much wider than a standard block font. Hopefully Conrad will work his magic.

Every time I see a concept for UNC on the boards it includes argyle. If not every time than 99 percent. Every time I see it I think "is there anything more cliche than argyle on a UNC football uniform?" I usually don't like it. It's usually over done. Here, it feels like the perfect amount. Not in your face. Looks like a uniform I've grown up with even though its not. It just has a familiar quality to it. I think thats what people mean who say instant classic. I think that's true about these. Hope these stay around a while.

I agree with this. Its nice to see some subtly on the uniform. It reminds me a lot of Florida State's collar pattern. I'm glad they reduced the argyle to just the collar and then down the pants. It reminds of the old basketball uniforms that UNC would wear, where only the shorts would have argyle on them.

Still no excuse for black instead of navy.

Are the block numbers custom? Is there a PDF link to them? They look really nice.

I'm hoping the full font is released. I would definitely say they are custom. They look much wider than a standard block font. Hopefully Conrad will work his magic.

Every time I see a concept for UNC on the boards it includes argyle. If not every time than 99 percent. Every time I see it I think "is there anything more cliche than argyle on a UNC football uniform?" I usually don't like it. It's usually over done. Here, it feels like the perfect amount. Not in your face. Looks like a uniform I've grown up with even though its not. It just has a familiar quality to it. I think thats what people mean who say instant classic. I think that's true about these. Hope these stay around a while.

I agree with this. Its nice to see some subtly on the uniform. It reminds me a lot of Florida State's collar pattern. I'm glad they reduced the argyle to just the collar and then down the pants. It reminds of the old basketball uniforms that UNC would wear, where only the shorts would have argyle on them.

The font called "Carolina Bold" is in the style guide PDF that UNC released: http://goheels.com/fls/3350/15athgen/CarolinaAthletics_BrandingGuidelines-Final.pdf

They are wider than the usual block font. They look a little like the alt font the LA Kings use, which is also wider than your typical block font. But that font doesn't have a serifed "4," while UNC's lacks a serifed "2."

The font called "Carolina Bold" is in the style guide PDF that UNC released: http://goheels.com/fls/3350/15athgen/CarolinaAthletics_BrandingGuidelines-Final.pdf

Weirdly, one of Nike's first shirts with the new designs violates the permissible color variations for the primary word mark in the PDF.

Extracted the block numbers from that PDF. Scaled up, I noticed they are much more rounded than I expected. And also not quite as wide as I would have liked. But I really do like the consistency that UNC has going for them.

The argyle helmet stripe makes my pants feel tighter.

Since it's probably lasted longer than 4 hours, you might wanna consult a doctor.
I did. He prescribed 15 seconds of TCU's new unis. It went away fast.

You should switch doctor. That is way too harsh...

Since it's probably lasted longer than 4 hours, you might wanna consult a doctor.

Yeah now he probably has an anti-boner that's going into his stomach and rupturing vital organs

Yeah now he probably has an anti-boner that's going into his stomach and rupturing vital organs

Ok... let's all take a minute to regroup...

The font is either a reproduction of the worthy era hoops unis (pre-argyle) or a tweaked version of said font. With that being said I don't think there's much proprietary design behind it as it's more of a vintage stock font. From what I can remember nike has used that font occasionally for either promotional purposes or made it available in their team catalogs. Either way I think it looks great for football and basketball.

i wouldve preferred the helmet stripe to match the pant stripe of corresponding color (white helmet match white pant, blue match blue) by either adding the panel with outlines on the pants (which wouldve not only matched the helmet, but also the basketball uni's), or remove the panel and outline (helmet stripes) on the helmet in favor of just the argyle running front to back.. another option would be to only include the argyle pattern on white background, which woulve left the white pants and blue helmet as-is, but add the white panel with navy outline to the blue pants and remove the blue panel and navy outline stripes from the white helmet... but that's enough complaining from me, because these are beautiful.. i was very unahappy with the last change which nixed the navy in favor of black and chrome nonsense.. but this is near perfection and a gorgeous set for a classic looking program, and i love the continuity they added by borrowing the most notable design element from their most notable program and branding it as their own.

Archived