BigRed's MLB and More (Brooklyn Added, Series Complete!)

BigRed618

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DETROIT TIGERS

det_Tigers.png

Like the Yankees, the Tigers are stubbornly resistant to change. As I said before, however, nothing is untouchable to me. The home set I mostly left alone, except I used a new D, the same one the Tigers used in the '70s, that I thought would look good on both the jersey and the hat. The road jersey gets a redesign as I bring back colored button panels on the jerseys, an element that was widely popular in the early 20th century, but rarely seen today.

Just like the Bronx Bombers, I also cook up a couple of alternate uniforms that defy the status quo. Since you guys like the Tigers in monochrome so much, I thought I'd make a uniform similar to their home duds, but only in orange! The road alt features their current tiger head logo, which serves as the primary here.

Nice work on the Tigers. I for one really like the thick placket on the road gray. Only complaints are that the orange home alternate might be a bit *too* orange (I'd find a way to work some blue in there, at least in the cap) and the "Tigers" script as the sleeve patch on the navy alternate doesn't do much for me. I think a simple "D" logo would be far more effective.

Dodgers look pretty much the same save for the new sleeve patch. I expected some sort of alternate.

DETROIT TIGERS

det_Tigers.png

Like the Yankees, the Tigers are stubbornly resistant to change. As I said before, however, nothing is untouchable to me. The home set I mostly left alone, except I used a new D, the same one the Tigers used in the '70s, that I thought would look good on both the jersey and the hat. The road jersey gets a redesign as I bring back colored button panels on the jerseys, an element that was widely popular in the early 20th century, but rarely seen today.

Just like the Bronx Bombers, I also cook up a couple of alternate uniforms that defy the status quo. Since you guys like the Tigers in monochrome so much, I thought I'd make a uniform similar to their home duds, but only in orange! The road alt features their current tiger head logo, which serves as the primary here.

I like the concept. I think the current home should not be touched, but a home alt would be great. The road is a great idea, even as a fauxback. The blue Alt has never worked for some reason (superstition or other wise), but an over all good concept

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

METS UPDATE

nym_Unis.png

Nothing major. I just added an alternate jersey, bringing back the classic script "New York." I'm also trying to get a pattern going to where I do an NL team, then an AL team, then back to NL, etc. Since the last team I did was the Yankees, I'm doing the Cubs next. I'm working on a new primary for them, but I need your help with this. Which of these look better?

cubs_Logos.png

I'm leaning toward the red letters personally since it relates to the C better. What do you think?

The Mets need pinstripes.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

HOUSTON ASTROS

hou_Astros.png

I think I made more concepts for these guys than for any other team. Could you blame me? They are only a couple seasons removed from what most say was the worst look the team ever had, which meant miles of room for improvement. Anyway, here's my newest Astros concept. In the past, I tried out ways to incorporate their famous Tequila Sunrise look from the 80s into a modernized form. These produced mixed feedback. Now that the Astros have returned to blue and orange glory, I thought this time around I'd just change a few things and add some things I felt were missing, including a shooting star above both wordmarks, and a modernized Orbit Rings logo.

Astros are good but a few things could be changed. I think the orbit rings logo would look better with no circle and no wordmark. You could make the star bigger and center it between the rings. With the star, you could put a blue or orange outline around it but keep it white. Then you could add the same wordmark underneath it. I like everything else though.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Good update for the 'Stros. Better than what they currently wear.

Can I ask how you determine for this series which teams get a full-on reimagining (i.e. Colorado and Minnesota) and which get only a minor tweak (such as Houston)?

The bright tones on the Marlins and Rockies roads look a little odd to me, but I do love the Marlins new colors, and that cap logo for the Rockies is very nice. I like the way you set it apart from the Cubs with the motion lines. I also want to mention that I love the desert scheme for the DBacks and the sleeve pattern on the Indians. It's miles over the boring set Cleveland has right now.

• 2 weeks later...

MILWAUKEE BREWERS

mil_Brewers.png

Sorry about the long wait. Work's been keeping me busy. My Brewers concept revives the Ball 'n' Glove, as well as their wordmarks from 1990. Some are saying that the Brew Crew should not go back to this old logo, and that the past is a good place to visit, but not to live.

I say, a good idea doesn't care when it was had, and making a baseball mit look like an M and B is far from a bad one.

KANSAS CITY ROYALS

kc_Royals.png

With the Royals done, the whole AL Cental Division is finished. This is a repost of an earlier Royals concept I made, with a few tweaks. I created a new primary, inspired by a heart-shaped alternate logo worn by the old Negro Leagues' KC Monarchs. I also experiment with a few new design elements, including thin stripes across the chest and a crown above the player number.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX Version 2

chi_Sox2.png

My second favorite White Sox logo is the Batterman emblem used between 1976 and 1990. It had a sleek, futuristic style, a promise of better times to come. We thought they were setting a trend. We thought this is how the uniform of tomorrow would look.

For my concept, I try to capture that "best is yet to come" optimism and present it in a new way. Bauhaus-style wordmarks, a new cap logo, shoulder stripes, colored road jerseys, I did everything but bring back the pullover.

These last few concepts are some of the best you've done yet. How did you choose that wordmark for the Sox concept?

I was going for something that complimented the Batterman better, with the red spot. I might have also gotten the idea from the HBO logo. :P

• 2 weeks later...

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

phi_Phillies.png

I posted this before, but I made a few updates since then. The main theme behind this concept is similar to the one that inspired my red/blue ChiSox concept, remembering the future. The Phils have always had a unique style, and I wanted to keep as much of that as possible as I predict the next step in their evolution. I create a new wordmark, with a P inspired by their famous cap logo from the 70s and 80s. The primary brings back William Penn as he slides onto a base. I also give them blue caps for the road.

I'm a Phillies fan and can say I like the jerseys, just not the p or wordmark. We like the current wordmark as a city. I just don't like the p really. Great work on everything. I love how the league has a retro feel. Only suggestions are to darken the purple on the Rockies, make the royals wordmarks larger, drop the Tigers white with orange (or just add blue outine and hat) and go with the older batter man white sox. I applaud your work. I'm impressed. I like what you did for the Braves, Brewers, Astros, and especially the twins. Excellent

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived