BigRed's MLB and More (Brooklyn Added, Series Complete!)

BigRed618

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Marlins fan, and I'd love to see them in those teal jerseys. I do like the black they have now, but the light teal gives it a beachy feel; something the Marlins should have. I also love the logo. It just feels very... smooth? Fantastic job.I would buy it.

Maybe a new jersey/logo would inspire them to win...

1z2hv0n.jpg

Athletics need gray!

The Nats need a better font. The hat font is so heneric and boring. Pinstripes is an iffy concepts for a team so young

*generic

No offense, but do you ever have anything positive to say about these concepts? It seems like you only post in this thread to pick apart what you don't like and to point out what "needs" to be changed.

Thanks for everyone's input. I might do a second Nats concept later with the curly W, since so many of you like it.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

bal_Orioles.png

Again, there wasn't much I could do here, since the O's look near perfect as they are, especially since bringing back the toon bird cap logo. All I did here was create a new primary to match the rest of the set. It's their classic roundel, with the orange circle changed to match that of their sleeve patch. I also came up with a new alternate cap that's like the home primary but with the colors reversed.

C&C appreciated. Angels are next.

Like you said, there's not much you can do with the Orioles, whose current identity is pretty much perfect. I like the "B" logo on the cap, but I'm not sure about the inverted coloring.

Looking forward to the Halos.

What about Baltimore for home and Orioles for away?

Why? The fans at home would know where the team is from, and want to see the team name. And the away fans care more about where the team is from not who they are.

Besides that would also be throwing out 100+ years of tradition. You just don't do that like you just don't change Baltimore's colors to purple and green.

I think he should go TATC-esque and put the 80's logo front and center and the numbers on the left side of the neck.

That doesn't sound anything like what he made (his are more traditional with scripts and numbers on the back and front left or front right) so if you want to see that maybe you should make your own concept for the bird (no offense, but I just don't see him doing that with the way his concepts have looked).

For the concept I'm not sure about the reverse pinwheel cap, but that black jersey with "Baltimore" on it is really good. I also like the move to a cartoon bird primary.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Athletics need gray!

The Nats need a better font. The hat font is so heneric and boring. Pinstripes is an iffy concepts for a team so young

*generic

No offense, but do you ever have anything positive to say about these concepts? It seems like you only post in this thread to pick apart what you don't like and to point out what "needs" to be changed.

I wouldn't say I am being negative. I get what you are saying how I am not positive and I don't want to fight. However, I would like to clarify that I am just pointing things out that I don't find aesthetically pleasing. I just like the "normal uniforms" the MLB teams have built through the years. I would never intentionally bring someone down over the internet. I in fact hope that the creator of all this will not change his ways of making uniforms.

LOS ANGELES ANGELS

la_Angels.png

The Halos get a new color scheme, the blue being replaced with gold. I also try out a new jersey design with pinstripes on the sleeves only. The alternate/BP jersey features an updated version of an old Angels logo used in the '70s and early '80s.

C&C appreciated. Cardinals are next.

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

stl_Cards.png

Sorry about the wait. The Redbirds are my home team, you see, so I wanted to do something extra special for them. For these guys, I remade everything. New bird, new bat, new wordmark, new everything. This was mostly inspired by some of my favorite logos from the Cardinals' past, seen on the lower left corner. The wordmark is inspired by the famous script logo worn from 1922 to '48. The Bird on Bat is based on the first version of the Bird from '22, as well as the Sluggerbird from '56. The font used for the wordmark and the new cap logo is closely related to the one used for the 1982 World Series, one of the finest moments in Cardinals history.

So there you have it. I've done every team in MLB, but the fun's not over yet. I still have my Extra League to do, plus I want to an All-Star concept as well. Look forward to it!

The Redbirds look great! This set feels like a modernized update of the Cards' classic look, but you achieved it using vintage/retro elements.

Of the 30 MLB teams, I'd have to say your Royals, Rockies, White Sox, Twins and A's were my favorites.

Looking forward to your fantasy/defunct team concepts. We've already seen a few of them with the Browns and Mexican MLB concepts you've posted in the past. I hope you provide some insight into your ideas for the newly created teams.

Archived