BigRed's MLB and More (Brooklyn Added, Series Complete!)

BigRed618

Which White Sox did you like more, if you don't mind me asking? Black/silver or blue/red?

I preferred your second version because it was a complete redesign. As you can probably tell my favorite concepts of yours were the ones where you really diverged from the team's real life look.

I just went back and re-read your first post in this thread and noticed you've split the fifteen fantasy teams into three divisions. This should be interesting.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST. LOUIS BROWNS

slb_Unis.png

I've posted Browns concepts before, but this is the most complete version yet. The primary is the same one they've used for most of their history. The sleeve patch is a modernized version of their Brownie logo introduced in 1952. It was used for only two seasons before they moved to Baltimore. The emblem on the home uniform also got a facelift, a drop shadow to match the one on the wordmark. This is basically my idea of how the team would look today if they never left St. Louis.

LOUISVILLE GRAYS

lou_Greys.png

The Louisville Grays existed for only two seasons in the 1870s, before ceasing operations due to a gambling scandal, but what if they survived? The Grays was an interesting challenge. Almost every baseball team wears this color, but mainly on their road jerseys. Wouldn't it be interesting if there were a team that used gray as one of their main colors?

The primary is based on the shape of a breast pocket that would appear on an old-time baseball jersey. No, it's not really a pocket, just a logo. Although the original Grays wore blue with their gray, I thought yellow would help them stand out a little better, plus I was using the fleur-de-lis in their identity, and I can't imagine those in any other color.

C&C, please and thank you.

Browns look great. Brown, orange and cream is such a perfect colorway. My only issue is that the spacing between "BRO" and "WNS" is awkward. Fix that and the set will be perfect.

The Grays are equally well done. They look like a college baseball team but in a very classy, old school sort of way. Is it just my computer or is the gray really more of a blue-gray? Either way I really dig it.

One thing I forgot to add in my last post--I love the white script on gray uniform for the Grays' road top. That's one of my favorite quirky little design cues.

I thought about making it yellow, but I figured since the gray was so dark, it would look better in white.

MONTREAL EXPOS

mtl_Expos.png

The Expos were named to commemorate the 1967 World's Fair in Montreal. The World's Fair was almost always about bringing futuristic ideas to the present. Name just about any modern technological marvel, the television, touch screens, solar energy, etc., and odds are they had their beginnings at an Expo. This is sort of the theme behind my Expos concept, moving things forward.

You'll notice I created a new version of the Expos' famous eMb monogram. I redesigned the whole thing so the different components of the logo are more visible, and the viewer won't have to take 20 years to relize what the heck it means. Instead of eMb, my logo reads as cMb, Club du Montreal Baseball. I thought it looked better than an "e" for Expos or equipe (team.) Hope you like.

You'll notice I created a new version of the Expos' famous eMb monogram. I redesigned the whole thing so the different components of the logo are more visible, and the viewer won't have to take 20 years to relize what the heck it means. Instead of eMb, my logo reads as cMb, Club du Montreal Baseball. I thought it looked better than an "e" for Expos or equipe (team.) Hope you like.

Hmm, I'm not with you on this one. In the original logo, I am clearly able to see the e, M, and b; in yours...not so much. I still can't find the b. Even the M is a stretch; it looks more like a handlebar mustache or a couple of uneaten spaghetti noodles than an M.

award%20sig.png

Hmm, I'm not with you on this one. In the original logo, I am clearly able to see the e, M, and b; in yours...not so much. I still can't find the b. Even the M is a stretch; it looks more like a handlebar mustache or a couple of uneaten spaghetti noodles than an M.
Same, I see a J and an N.

I love the general direction of the Expos uniform, but the only reason I can find an e and b in that new logo is because I know to look for it. But I don't think you need to tweak it that much more to make them clear.

rATMcmK.png

EXPOS UPDATE

mtl_Expos.png

In this version, I fixed the logo a little so it matches the wordmark a little better. I also try out some new ideas, moving the wordmark onto the pants and just having the number on the front. The colors, the hat, and the sleeve should be enough to tell you what team they are.

VANCOUVER MAROONS/MOUNTIES

van_Maroons.png

I prefer Maroons myself, but since the team name does not appear on either of these uniforms, you could go either way. C&C appreciated.

The Maroons/Mounties look great. Really classy logo.

For the Expos, I think the logo is improved, but it's not there just yet. The red part still doesn't quite look like an "e."

It's not supposed to be an e. It's a c. You did read my description in the original post, didn't you? It reads cMb, or Club du Montréal Baseball.

It's not supposed to be an e. It's a c. You did read my description in the original post, didn't you? It reads cMb, or Club du Montréal Baseball.

My apologies. I'd overlooked that the logo was supposed to spell out "cMb." With that in mind, the update is a huge improvement.

like this series - some interesting takes.

A few tweaks/suggestions:

'SAN FRANCISCO' and 'VANCOUVER' lettering look a bit too small.

Like to see a brown alt for the Padres.

Would suggest eliminating the small script 'Royals' and 'Kansas City' on the Royals jerseys.

For me, with most Phillies concepts, I usually would rather see a burgundy or maroon than red as there is already enough red in baseball.

The 'Twins' and especially the 'Minnesota' script is hard to read. Switching the gold and blue for a bit more contrast may or may not help; maybe some thicker outlining or some slight changes to the script?

For the Expos, prefer the first jersey with the second logo.

The PBC on the the Pirates alt. - might be a good idea in theory, but looks cluttered and hard to make out in practice.

Not sure about the lavender on the Rockies, didn't like it at first glance but after looking at it a few times doesn't bother me as much; can't say the same for Oakland - the light green is not growing on me at all.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

This has been a very interesting series. Some things have agreed with me, and some things haven't, but you've done a good job of representing your vision throughout. It's taken me a couple days to get through this series, so here are the two points that most stuck out to me and that I most want to comment on.

1. You should hotlink the team names on the first post to the post with that team. I originally thought you hadn't done most of the teams since that was all just black text. If you click the post number, it will give you a URL you can use to link to in your original post.

2. While I'm not averse to green, the green you chose for the Red Sox just doesn't jive with me. Honestly, I think they have one of the top five classic uniforms in the sport, and the drop shadow gives it an odd "trying to be futuristic" feel to me. Nevertheless, the thing with the green that bothers me is that it doesn't seem to be the right green. I can understand the darker hunter green being used since it is replacing the dark navy used by the team, but it's not a shade that I feel works with the identity. The green should either be a Kelly green to better connect with the city's Irish heritage, or Fenway green.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry BigRed, I'm just not seeing the c in the Expos logo, the first one looked like an abstract Snidely Whiplash and the second one looks like a d. The updated set, though...the idea of just colorblocking and a number on the front is, dare I say it, avant garde enough that it would look right on absolutely no one else, but it'd seem to make all the sense in the world for these to be Expos uniforms. :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That 1st Expos iteration is the better of the 2. it has a bit of the 20th anniversary jersey feel to it:

832080899_30c57ae904.jpg?v=0

Oh wow! I've never seen that jersey before. I might try something like that.

ATLANTA BRAVES (Take 2)

atl_Braves_Unis.png

I decided I didn't like how my first Braves concept turned out, so I redid it. This version is meant to be a sort of combination of eras. The structure of the uniforms resembles that of the Hank Aaron era. The tomahawk makes a return, with a few modifications. I then bring back an old logo they used to use back in their days in Boston. Chief Whackahoma, or as I like to call him, Laughs Out Loud, may be a bit more iconic, but this emblem offers a much more dignified depiction of the Native American.

CLUB DEPORTIVO GUADALAJARA

gua_Unis.png

Here's how the story plays out... in 20XX, Two of Mexico's biggest soccer clubs decide to become multi-sport organisations, and field baseball teams to join the Major Leagues. One of these teams is the Goats. I made no changes to this set since I posted it long ago, since I can't think of any ideas at the moment to improve it. C&C appreciated.

Woah! Didn't expect an update of the Braves. I miss the feathers on the sleeves, but the other tweaks more than make up for it, the Native American logo and the re-colored wordmark on the home jersey in particular. Not a fan of the red cap with white bill, though. The red alternate would probably look better with one of the black caps.

The Goats look great. No need to mess with what was already perfect. My only suggestion is that it might make sense to replace the blue with green so as to match the colors of the Mexican flag.

Any hint which team(s) is next?

Archived