mcrosby's Personal Logo

mcrosby

It's simple and clean, which is always a positive.

But..

For a logo that specializes in sports branding, to me it comes across less as a personal monogram than it does for a school with the same initials.

Malden Catholic High School (not to far from me in Massachusetts) uses an M-C monogram just like Notre Dame's N-D. Since you have used a athletic block-like font, and a similar setup to that style of monogram, I think the possibility is strong that you may be mistaken for a school rather than a designer.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

something just hit me about this. what does "sports graphics" mean to you and what kind of work do you want to be doing?

"Sports Graphics" Designer to me sounds like a guy i would hire for web graphics and info graphics in the sports world. if that's what you want to do, then great. but it's kind of open ended and might even be too close to "vinyl graphix shop" for some. It's hard to beat the standards of "X Design" or "X Creative". maybe you've thought a lot about it and if you have and feel good about being the "sports graphics" guy then do it, but if not maybe reconsider what you want to be and the work you want to do.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

something just hit me about this. what does "sports graphics" mean to you and what kind of work do you want to be doing?

"Sports Graphics" Designer to me sounds like a guy i would hire for web graphics and info graphics in the sports world. if that's what you want to do, then great. but it's kind of open ended and might even be too close to "vinyl graphix shop" for some. It's hard to beat the standards of "X Design" or "X Creative". maybe you've thought a lot about it and if you have and feel good about being the "sports graphics" guy then do it, but if not maybe reconsider what you want to be and the work you want to do.

This is very true, and not something that hit me until you mentioned it. I've changed it to 'sports branding.'

Archived