Nike releases woman's US World Cup jerseys, our national colors apparently are now black, neon yellow and white

Note this isn't a alternate or a one off uniform, this is the main home uniform for this year's World Cup up north in Canada. I'm only posting this in a thread because this uniform is supposed to represent our country.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/us-womens-world-cup-jerseys-green-nike-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad

And remember this is our away uniform this year:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/02/16/us-soccer-officially-unveils-2015-away-kit/

So the uniforms representing us this year is the ugliest design I have ever seen in my life and a home uniform not even having our national colors. Bravo Nike. Simply bravo.

EDIT: I forgot, I actually do like the new home uniform (minus the socks), but not for an American national team. That's what makes this so bad. It has no identity for what it is supposed to represent.

All that matters is love, love, your love...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my preference, but to be fair, it's not like there isn't a precedent for countries having uniforms that don't use their flag's colors. Isn't Italy known as "the Azzurri"?

Yes, but Italy and most countries that have a "random" color in their scheme have tradition and history on their side. While adding Volt is just random.

Not my preference, but to be fair, it's not like there isn't a precedent for countries having uniforms that don't use their flag's colors. Isn't Italy known as "the Azzurri"?

Blue is also a historic royal color in Italy and has been their kit color for a century. Same applies to the Netherlands' Oranje. A shift to Nike's corporate colors after years of using national flag colors is not exactly the same.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

What if Nike is teasing us and this is all just a huge practical joke?

Belated April Fools joke? Maybe? No?

Nevermind.

These are complete and utter trash. I've only said that about one other kit since I started really getting into soccer (Feb. 2014), and that is Juventus' adidas kit for next year. Like other people have said, this a perfectly good uni design. Just not for America.

spacer.png

I honestly don't hate what they did here, like raysox said its different and fresh.......but yeah the US needs red white and blue. All they have to do is switch the Black with Blue and change the Volt to Red and it'll be a descent look.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

No better jersey to represent the UNike States of America.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Nike's been great with soccer for the most part since the Project 90 debacle, but this is their collegiate trash. Except this time, it's brand over country instead of brand over school. Somebody at US Soccer needs to grab the reins.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

IF US teams ever use colors (or shades of) other than red, white, and blue, I would think they should include amber (Amber waves of grain), purple (Purple mountains majesty), and teal (Sea to shining sea).

Those unis above, no.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I know little about soccer, but isn't this pretty common? For instance, the Netherlands' team wears orange when their flag is red, white, and blue.

Holland- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Orange-Nassau

Italy- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Savoy

Probably some other examples I just can't think of right now, but these two are the main ones.

This is the same thing like Nike gave us "obsidian" away, where Poland has any history with this color. Of course blue or navy are use by our NT as a third color, but it's very rarely happenes. Happy end of our story is that we played only one match in that kits and in next away game (vs USA) we started using red teamwear kits. Maybe USA do the same thing and back to their 2014 World Cup home kit after one game.

4r2eer.png

I know little about soccer, but isn't this pretty common? For instance, the Netherlands' team wears orange when their flag is red, white, and blue.

As mentioned above, Netherlands' orange and Italy's blue have been worn for decades and have meaning behind them. Black and volt have no connotation with America other than being Nike trash.

Just going to repost this here...

This is disgraceful. It's a national team, not a NCAA D1 program bent over a barrel. You'd think Nike could restrain itself when it comes to their own national team, but I guess not.

Nope. Try as you might there's no defending Nike here.

Archived