Nike releases woman's US World Cup jerseys, our national colors apparently are now black, neon yellow and white

Already? They just announced a special ceremony to reveal the other FIFA champions patch tomorrow. I figured they'd reveal it the same time as that. Two guesses where they place it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already? They just announced a special ceremony to reveal the other FIFA champions patch tomorrow. I figured they'd reveal it the same time as that. Two guesses where they place it.

It'll either be in the center or on the right side of the jersey. My guess is the center.

It'll either be in the center or on the right side of the jersey. My guess is the center.

That's what I'm expecting. I could also see it put under the swoosh as a way of balancing the shirt. Here's to hoping the men can put on one in 2018.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It'll be in the center. Nike isn't moving the Swoosh. Also, is the FIFA champion patch worn on the jersey for every game or just specific matches and tournaments?

It'll be in the center. Nike isn't moving the Swoosh. Also, is the FIFA champion patch worn on the jersey for every game or just specific matches and tournaments?
It would be below where the swoosh is if they put it on the right. They will wear it at all times until the end of the 2019 World Cup, except for the Olympics when they can't even wear the US Soccer crest.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know, the boot thing that Lloyd won too. I think adidas sponsored the awards

Speaking of logo creep, Solo's Golden Glove (or whatever) award looks gauche with the adidas logo being the focal point.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I know, the boot thing that Lloyd won too. I think adidas sponsored the awards

Speaking of logo creep, Solo's Golden Glove (or whatever) award looks gauche with the adidas logo being the focal point.

they are the official apparel company for fifa, thats why they are on the ball and boot, and glove. they are every world cup its just this year adidas decided to make the 3 stripes stand out more than ever

Agreed. They could've put the name and logo on the base. But seeing as adidas wants to get as much exposure as possible for all the money they paid out, it's not a surprise.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Agreed. They could've put the name and logo on the base. But seeing as adidas wants to get as much exposure as possible for all the money they paid out, it's not a surprise.
Just a counterpoint to all the officially sanctioned (mods let this stay separate from the soccer thread) bitching about Nike. Unlike Rawlings, these awards are just a generic glove designed specifically to draw attention only to the three stripes.

In other words, both companies can be guilty of logo creep/VFVS.

I'm actually totally fine using volt as a color. And NOTHING was worse than those strange runningjacket 2011 pieces of trash, so although I don't like that we're looking like the Mexican men's white jerseys, the actual template itself is fine.

These were horrible. 118723475_crop_650x440.jpg

I still think national team uniforms should match the country they represent. If this year's kit used 2011 colors they'd have been received much better.

As much as I dislike the volt/black scheme, I did get to thinking this morning, and maybe this is the dawn of a new look for the US (likely just the women).

Much like Italy's blue, and the Netherland' orange (and even the Japan women's pink), maybe this could become one of those things that they can own. Especially because women's international soccer is still relatively young, years down the road, people may not even question the US having a black/green kit.

Like I said, I don't love it, but the more I think about it, I could actually see it working.

I still think national team uniforms should match the country they represent. If this year's kit used 2011 colors they'd have been received much better.

As much as I dislike the volt/black scheme, I did get to thinking this morning, and maybe this is the dawn of a new look for the US (likely just the women).

Much like Italy's blue, and the Netherland' orange (and even the Japan women's pink), maybe this could become one of those things that they can own. Especially because women's international soccer is still relatively young, years down the road, people may not even question the US having a black/green kit.

Like I said, I don't love it, but the more I think about it, I could actually see it working.

My only issue with your examples is that those countries have a history that are tied with those colors. Netherlands flag used to be orange, white, and blue. I think that Italy uses blue because it was a color used for one of the royal families in its history??? Not sure about the Italy one but I'm pretty sure it has to do with that.

They say "well not all countries use their flag's color" and that's fine for those other countries, but those are also established looks for those countries (Italy's blue, Netherlands' orange, Japan in blue, etc) and they have a history of wearing a color outside of their flag. The United States has always worn red white and blue in all sports and yesterday I felt like I was watching a Nike commercial because I basically was watching a nike commercial.

I was so hoping they'd wear the blue kits yesterday.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived