Nike releases woman's US World Cup jerseys, our national colors apparently are now black, neon yellow and white

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They say "well not all countries use their flag's color" and that's fine for those other countries, but those are also established looks for those countries (Italy's blue, Netherlands' orange, Japan in blue, etc) and they have a history of wearing a color outside of their flag. The United States has always worn red white and blue in all sports and yesterday I felt like I was watching a Nike commercial because I basically was watching a nike commercial.

I was so hoping they'd wear the blue kits yesterday.

All established traditions have to start somewhere; that was my point. Being that women's soccer is still relatively new in the grand scheme of things, that World Cup victory yesterday may be the beginning of a new established look.

I don't expect any other team or organization associated with the US to start wearing these colors, but I can somewhat understand the thought behind the USWNT owning this look.

They say "well not all countries use their flag's color" and that's fine for those other countries, but those are also established looks for those countries (Italy's blue, Netherlands' orange, Japan in blue, etc) and they have a history of wearing a color outside of their flag. The United States has always worn red white and blue in all sports and yesterday I felt like I was watching a Nike commercial because I basically was watching a nike commercial.

All established traditions have to start somewhere; that was my point. Being that women's soccer is still relatively new in the grand scheme of things, that World Cup victory yesterday may be the beginning of a new established look.

I don't expect any other team or organization associated with the US to start wearing these colors, but I can somewhat understand the thought behind the USWNT owning this look.

Sure you can start traditions, but why do we need to own another set of colors? Two, if Nike is willing to forgo the US tradition of upholding the flag then they're not going to care in four years when they switch the clash kit to their new color of the day. It'll be a bright mauve and it'll be called "Fire Rain" or something.

I'm not buying anything Nike's selling. This was nothing more than their attempt to push their favorite flavor right now.

NUSA_zpsvqraix6o.jpg

yesterday we were the United States of America brought to you by Nike and it wasn't cool.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sure you can start traditions, but why do we need to own another set of colors? Two, if Nike is willing to forgo the US tradition of upholding the flag then they're not going to care in four years when they switch the clash kit to their new color of the day. It'll be a bright mauve and it'll be called "Fire Rain" or something.

I'm not buying anything Nike's selling. This was nothing more than their attempt to push their favorite flavor right now.

NUSA_zpsvqraix6o.jpg

yesterday we were the United States of America brought to you by Nike and it wasn't cool.

Even today with the jersey ceremony, they could've used the blue jerseys and looked like Team USA. The women need to get more attention for what theydo but it'd be nicer if they did it in their actual colors.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

My problem with this is that it was the primary kit, if you swapped the blue and white's designations I am completely fine with that. There is no reason that a clash or road needs to be in national colors but the primary definitely should be.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I'd rather they use a uniform ad then change the team's color scheme to an advertisment for a company.

I can't believe Nike had the *censored*ing nerve to compare a team wearing one of their national colors as a uniform to them literally abadoning the nation's colors to promote themselves. This is a new low even for them.

Yup, cant waaaaait for them to take over the NBA, just like how they were gonna save the NFL, right guys?

Archived