Canadian Soccer Association Crest & Kit Redesign

andyk

Hey guys,

First time posting a topic here and it's a side project I've been working on the past couple of weeks that I'd like to get some feedback on.

The current crest for Canada Soccer is pretty mediocre so I gave it a refresh and, although Umbro have been doing a decent-ish job with their kits, I thought I'd give those a go too.

Home: Two-tone red with white accents based on the Canadian flag, with the updated maple leaf "framing" the number on the front of the jersey.

Away: Semi-transparent layered graphic in Silver (looks like grey here but I'd like to think it would be more metallic looking in the real world) on a white kit with red accents.

Third: Charcoal variant of home kit with red contrast accents.

CSA_Redesign_Presentation.jpg

CSA_Redesign_Presentation2.jpg

CSA_Redesign_Presentation3.jpg

CSA_Redesign_Presentation4.jpg

Any feedback you guys have would be much appreciated!

Great concept! The crest is really interesting. I like how you incorporated the maple leaf into the center panel of the ball, and the leaf itself is really interesting. It's nice to see a rendering other than the leaf on the flag.

The kits are all really nice. I love the sublimated leaf behind the numbers on the home and third, and the geometric design on the road is very cool.

Lastly, amazing template, especially the full-bodied players. Did you make it yourself?

This is really cool. The only thing throwing me is the text in the updated crest. I see what you're doing, it's just a lot for that particular space.

I'm not sure how Canadiens would react to such a thing, but what if there was an English version and a French version, instead of combining both languages on one?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Great concept! The crest is really interesting. I like how you incorporated the maple leaf into the center panel of the ball, and the leaf itself is really interesting. It's nice to see a rendering other than the leaf on the flag.

The kits are all really nice. I love the sublimated leaf behind the numbers on the home and third, and the geometric design on the road is very cool.

Lastly, amazing template, especially the full-bodied players. Did you make it yourself?

Thanks! Yeah I made the templates. The flat one is a bit of an amalgamation of various templates I'd seen around the web, the full body template is based off a couple of old Nike promo shots.

This is really cool. The only thing throwing me is the text in the updated crest. I see what you're doing, it's just a lot for that particular space.

I'm not sure how Canadiens would react to such a thing, but what if there was an English version and a French version, instead of combining both languages on one?

I totally get what you're saying with the text, and I had considered two versions rather than the bilingual option. However, it came down to the issue of which logo would be used on the players kits if there were two language variants? They couldn't all wear English or all wear French, it would be a huge issue legally. It's probably why the current crest just uses Canada rather than the full CSA/ACS wording.

This is good stuff. The leaf feels a bit forced in the crest, but I see what you're going for and it's pretty clever. The kits are beautiful, though; nothing really to nitpick at there.

Since we're dealing with Canadian soccer here...

#MLS4Montreal

Anyway, as far as the concept, I'm a huge fan of the jerseys, but not so hot on the crest. I think you need to add more soccer ball representation in the crest, I don't immediately think 'soccer' when I see it.

spacer.png

I think this is a great concept that could still use some work. You have done a good job so far and everything you have now is better than what Canada currently has.

Some suggestions. Like others have said I don't think you will be able to put that much text in. It just makes it hard to read, probably best to have the word Canada. The maple leaf in the ball seems a little forced with the bottom parts of the leaves trying finish the pentagon shape, maybe go for a more natural look, the top of the maple leaf looks great though.

For the kits I think the ideas are great. Again some suggestions, maybe bump up the contrast between the colors on each kit, and maybe look for a variant design for the third kit, so that its not exactly the same as the home, but still similar.

Keep up the good work and post updates if you can

I think this is a great concept that could still use some work. You have done a good job so far and everything you have now is better than what Canada currently has.

Some suggestions. Like others have said I don't think you will be able to put that much text in. It just makes it hard to read, probably best to have the word Canada. The maple leaf in the ball seems a little forced with the bottom parts of the leaves trying finish the pentagon shape, maybe go for a more natural look, the top of the maple leaf looks great though.

For the kits I think the ideas are great. Again some suggestions, maybe bump up the contrast between the colors on each kit, and maybe look for a variant design for the third kit, so that its not exactly the same as the home, but still similar.

Keep up the good work and post updates if you can

I will echo this. A natural maple leaf would look a little better, but I really do like those kits! Well done.

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

Archived